O Nelly

Badlands
First Name
Judy and Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I understand some users here may not be in the Ford eco system at the moment so this thread may seem unusual, but in time, I hope you will learn from this thread how to modify your Bronco and add factory features it may not have shipped with. A lot of what I will discuss here at first will be Sync 3 related, due simply to the fact that the Bronco doesn't really exist at the moment, but it's so much more than that.

Utilities which can be used to splice bits of different Ford's together include, Ford's IDS, UCDSYS, ForScan, FoCCCus. Users in this website will find each of these programs very useful for a broad assortment of reasons which may be discussed here over time.

Linked here is the best ForScan tutorial on the web and will explain nearly all aspects of how to get started.

I have these words of caution: If you're tempted to order a Bronco with the assumption you can add factory features to it later which may not be offered in your tier or trim package; yes it should probably be possible. My warning is that in nearly every example on other Ford forums, it's almost always more difficult, more time consuming, and more costly than just ordering the package or feature from Ford in the first place. This thread will be of more use to owners once used Broncos hit the market a few years from now. Future used car owners don't have the luxury of ordering every option they want from the factory; but you do, so don't cheap out.

I figure the best way to kick off this thread is to explain below how I was able to record the Bronco boot animation in Sync 3. You can enable it for yourself too on any new Ford vehicle since it's not a 'leak' and Ford knowing published the content onto every new model already. Just don't redistribute the content since there's a press embargo, I learned the hard way LOL.

With all the talk now about front cameras needed on all cars, can my BSBL with the basic 360 camera be triggered to operate like the 360+? It seems a lot of the electronics are already in the cars, just not turned on unless you buy the option for $600.
Sponsored

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Auto start stop disable?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
With all the talk now about front cameras needed on all cars, can my BSBL with the basic 360 camera be triggered to operate like the 360+? It seems a lot of the electronics are already in the cars, just not turned on unless you buy the option for $600.
You might get some functions, but still missing the radar and sensors in the bumpers.

CaptainNedVT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
What's the magic sauce to register for the ForScan forums. It asks for a response code that never comes.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
What's the magic sauce to register for the ForScan forums. It asks for a response code that never comes.
I do not know. But the great paisan debate says its Gravy not sauce.

CaptainNedVT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
One more question (now grok FORScan forum access). Every tutorial says to key cycle after writing data. What is unclear is if this key cycle occurs when the prompt pops up and before clicking OK and disconnecting, or after doing so.

CaptainNedVT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Spent some quality time with the laptop in the car. The Auto Start/Stop disable in APIM doesn't work for me (FORScan 2.3.49). The disable takes and survives a key cycle. When I start the car the dash indicator comes on until the SYNC display is fully booted, then shuts off. However, as soon as I put the car in gear the indicator comes back on and the car will shut off at intersections.

Guess it's time to revert to the original APIM values and go through change-by-change and compare the raw data between changes. This will get time-consuming.

FWIW, everything else worked (double honk, Bambi, climate), though finding some of the climate items in APIM took some lateral thinking.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
Not sure if this counts as "global windows" but you can put the windows down with the key fob. On the OB + OB package if you hit unlock once then a second time holding down for 5 seconds on the second hit, it'll roll down all the windows. Found this YouTube video and tried it on the BS. Not sure how they go up.

How to remote start the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands | Features of the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport - YouTube

I some how accidentally did this on Friday. My BS OB+OB was parked in the garge and the key fob was in my purse. I had driven my '19 Ranger I grabbed my purse out of the truck and put it over my shoulder, then my back pack, and as I was retrieving a shopping bag from the truck, I heard the BS make a bunch of clicking noises (but not honk). I wasn't sure at first what was going on, but as turned around, I noticed that the interior light was on and then all 4 windows rolled down at the same time. It was as if the BS was possessed.

CyberSparky

Outer Banks
First Name
Delone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 1995 Ford Bronco, 1981 Ford Bro
I some how accidentally did this on Friday. My BS OB+OB was parked in the garge and the key fob was in my purse. I had driven my '19 Ranger I grabbed my purse out of the truck and put it over my shoulder, then my back pack, and as I was retrieving a shopping bag from the truck, I heard the BS make a bunch of clicking noises (but not honk). I wasn't sure at first what was going on, but as turned around, I noticed that the interior light was on and then all 4 windows rolled down at the same time. It was as if the BS was possessed.
You can roll the windows up via hitting the lock button, and then holding on second press of lock button. Nice feature on a warm day.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Spent some quality time with the laptop in the car. The Auto Start/Stop disable in APIM doesn't work for me (FORScan 2.3.49). The disable takes and survives a key cycle. When I start the car the dash indicator comes on until the SYNC display is fully booted, then shuts off. However, as soon as I put the car in gear the indicator comes back on and the car will shut off at intersections.

Guess it's time to revert to the original APIM values and go through change-by-change and compare the raw data between changes. This will get time-consuming.

FWIW, everything else worked (double honk, Bambi, climate), though finding some of the climate items in APIM took some lateral thinking.
Just buy the Auto Stop Eliminator from http://autostopeliminator.com/
I bought one and never looked back feature stays off through power cycles.

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
I really want to eliminate the cornering lights with the fogs... I have upgraded fogs and it just looks silly to me when they come on every time I barely turn the wheel.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I really want to eliminate the cornering lights with the fogs... I have upgraded fogs and it just looks silly to me when they come on every time I barely turn the wheel.
I wish the did a better job. Do the new fogs do a better job at lighting up the corner? They are afterall for cornering. I wonder if the RIGID sideshooters would be even better?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I wish it was like the other cars we have... Just turn the feature off in the settings. No programming needed. Plenty of space on the screen below Autolamps! :facepalm:

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021 Wildtrak, Carbonized Gray

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Someone on one of the facebook groups said there is a youtube video on disabling auto start stop with Forescan. He said he did it and it worked.
Sponsored