Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
The Cooper AT3 4S is what I went with again as its lighter and quieter than the KO2s and our vehicle is driven in city 90% of the time, but when I have taken it off road they performed beautifully. KO2s still a great option. I put the Pirelli's on our old Mariner because as stated above, they look like a highway tire. I really need to post some updated pictures.
Sponsored

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
The BFGs are also heavier, by 4-5 lbs each IIRC.
That's because the K02s are stronger and have more sidewall protection. Luckily the extra weight is a non-issue for our Badlands.

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
I notched the RC bracket to allow the tow hooks to stay. The nudge bar isn’t really carrying much weight. It’s essentially just cosmetic.
Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 554BE29D-8296-47C8-9792-05C765816869
My friend - I have a school bus yellow BS BL - i ordered the nudge bar to find out that it doesn't work with the tow hooks. I really want themon. Would you care to share some info on what it took to get them on?

derickveliz

Badlands
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
As of today I have 245/65/17 Falken WildPeak A/T Trail for the Looks.

I really like how quite these tires are
, but for winter I may go with something more aggressive, and all these information it's really good, thank you everyone for your feedback.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 1662423838149

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

, but for winter I may go with something more aggressive, and all these information it's really good, thank you everyone for your feedback.

Can you post more pics from different angles? I am considering those but would like to see how aggressive they are

derickveliz

Badlands
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Can you post more pics from different angles? I am considering those but would like to see how aggressive they are
Hi Spartan, sure go to my build so we keep this thread on topic,

Here is the LINK :)
Falken tires start at #7 I believe.

OP
OP
Bamsi

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

As said in another post, cn you post more pictures. Are the ones I am thinking for my Bamsi. How good on wet and dry in the highway?

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I know this is months later but for anyone who wants to know I had falken at trails and they were great in snow and way better than they looked in every thing else had them on a 2014 escape AWD 2.0 so kind of a precursor to the sport I got them cuz couldn't get atw3's (my go to all terrain over even ko2's) in the right size and they didn't disappoint and were super quiet rode great going 120 or down a muddy road at 5mph and having the same sidewall as the atw3 I think helped a lot. If you think atw3 is too aggressive for whatever reason I whole heatedly endorse the at trails they wear great too, and last forever. Also I'm almost positive the atw3 that the Badlands gets as an option is not quite the same as the one in the aftermarket that I'd had before, but it could be the small size too.

Last edited:

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
For the Badlands, I would think any popular 245/65/17 would be fine. KO2s, Falkens, Mickey Thompson’s, even Nitto Ridge Grapplers are all on the table. The 2.0L will not mind the weight.

1.5L versions have to be more cognizant of the weight. For 1.5l owners I would suggest Toyo Open Country ATIII and the and the Nitto Nomad Grapplers (both 34 lbs at 245/65/17).

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
I know this is months later but for anyone who wants to know I had falken at trails and they were great in snow and way better than they looked in every thing else had them on a 2014 escape AWD 2.0 so kind of a precursor to the sport I got them cuz couldn't get atw3's (my go to all terrain over even ko2's) in the right size and they didn't disappoint and were super quiet rode great going 120 or down a muddy road at 5mph and having the same sidewall as the atw3 I think helped a lot. If you think atw3 is too aggressive for whatever reason I whole heatedly endorse the at trails they wear great too, and last forever. Also I'm almost positive the atw3 that the Badlands gets as an option is not quite the same as the one in the aftermarket that I'd had before, but it could be the small size too.
The Falkens that are OEM are not the same at the other WildpeakAT3W sizes. They are thin and rounded to meet Ford’s weight requirements. The OEM Wildpeaks are 31.1 lbs at 235/65/17. The 225/65/17 actually weigh 2 lbs more at 33.7 lbs, showing how cheap the OEMs are.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The Falkens that are OEM are not the same at the other WildpeakAT3W sizes. They are thin and rounded to meet Ford’s weight requirements. The OEM Wildpeaks are 31.1 lbs at 235/65/17. The 225/65/17 actually weigh 2 lbs more at 33.7 lbs, showing how cheap the OEMs are.
Very true and even validated by the @Falken QA here on the forum.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
True that they are a different design to reduce weight and noise, but I’m finding that they are great in mud, rain, and snow. I haven’t and probably won’t take this on any serious rock crawling adventures mainly because of the ground clearance limitations, not limitations because of the tires. Time will tell how well they wear and hold up.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
BFG had to beef up the K02's because there was a period where the KO2's had sidewall issues.
Some people still have problems with the sidewalls as well as other issues.
I think there are better choices than K02's.

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
I put 235/70r17 Cooper Discoverers on. It doesnt rub, but its close enough that mud in the wheel wells will grind off at full lock. As others have said its not height, but the width of the wheel well that limits tire size, and anything over 30in will need some modifications. The liners are just felt, so rubbing wont really hurt anything anyway, but that pinch weld is obnoxiously placed and will definitely mess up a tire.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...showing how cheap the OEMs are.
I don't think it's fair to call them cheap. The OEM tires were not intended to be hardcore off-road capable like the full-size Bronco. They are meant to be a compromise, much like the Bronco Sport itself, offering acceptable--even above average--road manners while proving quite capable off-road. It's true they aren't as durable as other more off-road oriented tires are, but they have proven more capable off-road than typical AT-type tires, and definitely more daily driver friendly than hardcore off-roaders like the KO2.
Sponsored