Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
If you right click the image and select "Open in a new tab" it opens the full resolution image. Or you can click the link below:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/attachments/frontexample-jpg-jpg.22626/
I would say that one is mostly readable. I would say the 3 character is probably a little in question but overall pretty good. I still say the quality should be better (might be the fish-eye distortion that makes them so bad). If the car is directly in front or behind and within a certain range, you can usually see the plate number. I've watched a fair number of stupid driver videos on YouTube and generally it seems the details of the plate are hard to make out, a high speed differential would be a contributing factor (blurr). In the image above, I'm sure the speed of the 2 vehicles was pretty similar.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...a high speed differential would be a contributing factor (blurr). In the image above, I'm sure the speed of the 2 vehicles was pretty similar.
Here's a capture of a car going the opposite direction on a two-lane road. You can see my speed is 40+ mph. Assuming the other car is traveling the same speed, that's an 80 mph differential.

I agree some dashcams provide very low-quality video. You just have to be careful about which one you buy.

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? DashCamCapture

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
That is surprisingly good. If their plate wasn't bent you could actually read the whole thing.

It's too bad your dash cam is so big. I go back to not wanting a screen. It's amazing that the one listed way up this thread that is $500 is kind of small and doesn't have a screen with 4k resolution. It seems that everything I have seen in the sub $200 range with 4k has a huge screen.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I would say that one is mostly readable. I would say the 3 character is probably a little in question but overall pretty good. I still say the quality should be better (might be the fish-eye distortion that makes them so bad). If the car is directly in front or behind and within a certain range, you can usually see the plate number. I've watched a fair number of stupid driver videos on YouTube and generally it seems the details of the plate are hard to make out, a high speed differential would be a contributing factor (blurr). In the image above, I'm sure the speed of the 2 vehicles was pretty similar.
Most of those Youtube videos will not be the full quality or framerate. I have mine set to 2K and 60fps but my Youtube upload is at 1080 and 30fps.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Every one needs a front and rear cam. My camera paid for my car after a rear end collision.
There are so many to choose from and they always get updated. My advice is to look for reviews about usability and reliability. Picture quality is always getting better and they all have similar sensors and optics.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I've watched a fair number of stupid driver videos on YouTube and generally it seems the details of the plate are hard to make out
Keep in mind that anything uploaded to any type of social media is generally lower quality than how it was originally recorded, so you are not seeing a true representation of what the camera is capable of. Facebook is notorious for degrading video quality.

As for your other comments regarding the value of a dash cam, I highly disagree. First, video quality of most cameras is good enough for capturing license plates if a hit and run is involved. Even if you can’t get a plate, you’ve probably got make, model, color, time, location, etc.

Secondly, how often do you actually need the plate number? I’ve been hit a few times and the other driver always stopped. The true value in these cameras is that video doesn’t lie. When someone backed into my new Mustang a few years ago the other driver tried to blame me. When the officer arrived I showed him my dash cam footage which clearly showed my car stopped, and the reverse lights on his car were on as he backed into me. Case closed, on the spot. His insurance goes up instead of mine. That alone was worth the price of the camera.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Every one needs a front and rear cam. My camera paid for my car after a rear end collision.
Absolutely. The reality is that there are way too many dishonest people out there.

Your dash cam can help other people too. Someone was swerving around traffic at high speeds on the highway yesterday and almost hit another vehicle. Had he caused an accident my camera could have been used for proof of reckless driving.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I’ve been perfectly happy with the dash cam offered by Ford. It integrates well with the vehicle, is mostly hidden, and has very good video quality.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
They pay for themselves 10x over if you get into an accident that the other driver tries to blame you for....assuming they're at fault.
I pay for insurance not to deal with who's at fault...

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I pay for insurance not to deal with who's at fault...
The problem is that insurance varies from state to state. In some states it’s assumed that each driver was at least partially at fault for an accident, meaning you get slammed with higher insurance premiums unless you can prove you had nothing to do with the accident. That’s where these cameras shine.

OP
OP
Araasis

Araasis

Big Bend
First Name
Carley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
The problem is that insurance varies from state to state. In some states it’s assumed that each driver was at least partially at fault for an accident, meaning you get slammed with higher insurance premiums unless you can prove you had nothing to do with the accident. That’s where these cameras shine.
Yup! Florida is one of those states so that's why I really want one!

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
The Viofo A119 fit perfectly behind the rearview mirror and was an easy install straight to the fuse box. I popped the adaptive cruise camera cover and routed the cable inside of it and the headliner, down the A pillar, and right into the fuse box. Adhered the camera right to the camera cover. I didn't bother with the rear camera, but may add it on in the future mounted in the front facing back into the cab. I also didn't bother with the GPS mount because it adds thickness. Plus, no one needs to know how fast I was going.

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? PXL_20211129_145152942

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? PXL_20211204_164827153

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? PXL_20211204_165144917

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? PXL_20211204_174054477

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? PXL_20211204_174119815

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? PXL_20211204_175054226

AGLzaca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I’ve been perfectly happy with the dash cam offered by Ford. It integrates well with the vehicle, is mostly hidden, and has very good video quality.
Did you order the vehicle with it, or get the dealership to install it after delivery?
Sponsored