JeffBShip

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So it's been about 2 weeks since anyone commented here. My Big Bend Sports Edition is set to arrive between May 11 - May 17 according to my email from Ford.

I would really like to have a dash cam purchased ahead of time. I'm really looking for one that provides high FPS for the front cam but I want it to be hidden behind the mirror from my view. I plan on spending around $300 for both front and rear cameras. Anyone seen some good deals?
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Here my A129 plus Duo excellent dash cam.
Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? IMG_20220411_100954
Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? IMG_20220411_101151
Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? IMG_20220411_101416
Are you using the GPS mount? I have the A119 and thought about mounting it there, but was wondering if the gps would still get a good signal under the 360+ equipment.

OP
OP
Araasis

Araasis

Big Bend
First Name
Carley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
So it's been about 2 weeks since anyone commented here. My Big Bend Sports Edition is set to arrive between May 11 - May 17 according to my email from Ford.

I would really like to have a dash cam purchased ahead of time. I'm really looking for one that provides high FPS for the front cam but I want it to be hidden behind the mirror from my view. I plan on spending around $300 for both front and rear cameras. Anyone seen some good deals?
I ended up getting the Viofo A129 Plus duo. So far, I really like it

Deleted member 6599

Almost got hit again.This is why you need a dash cam. Too many stupid drivers out there. Warning strong language šŸ˜†

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Almost got hit again.This is why you need a dash cam. Too many stupid drivers out there. Warning strong language šŸ˜†
Iā€™d have had a lot more strong language than that! šŸ˜†

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I have a dual channel ThinkWare U1000. Front camera shoots 4K and I've been able to pull plates from video. It's bigger than I wanted, but doesn't obstruct my view. It runs on a capacitor instead of a battery, so it will hopefully withstand the Texas heat this summer.

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? KUFIPZD

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? 0iCH125

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? yqHWpc1

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? V8lpS1Y

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? Y7nw7v

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? l6TcM5a

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? NcO4QQq
Is that a radar detector beside it? If so, what brand, and does it have the BSM filters?

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is that a radar detector beside it? If so, what brand, and does it have the BSM filters?
Yup. It's a Valentine One (first gen). It doesn't have BSM filtering but it does have some form of junk signal filtering. I have x-band disabled and I very rarely get alerts than I can't positively trace back to a cop. The second generation V1 does have BSM filtering, though.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Yup. It's a Valentine One (first gen). It doesn't have BSM filtering but it does have some form of junk signal filtering. I have x-band disabled and I very rarely get alerts than I can't positively trace back to a cop. The second generation V1 does have BSM filtering, though.
Iā€™m using a Passport 9500ix at the moment. I disabled the x band and also the laser. I was getting a ton of false laser alerts, I donā€™t know if itā€™s related to bsm or just a detector malfunction, but since if you get a laser alert, itā€™s game over anyway, it wasnā€™t that necessary.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Iā€™m using a Passport 9500ix at the moment. I disabled the x band and also the laser. I was getting a ton of false laser alerts, I donā€™t know if itā€™s related to bsm or just a detector malfunction, but since if you get a laser alert, itā€™s game over anyway, it wasnā€™t that necessary.
I've thought about disabling laser alerts for the same reason. Lots of things can trip a laser detector. Your smartphone, headlights and taillights, some collision monitoring and adaptive cruise control systems, signs, even pulses from the sun cutting through trees. Some detectors have better filtering than others. Mine, for example, gets tripped up by some headlights and collision monitoring systems.

Fordone Badlands

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I have a Garmin 47 on my truck (Daily Driver) I have tried many and this one works the best, but doesn't have a rear camera.
Want to put my RSC Nano at top of windshield but where to run the wire to hide it? Where did you get power for your unit?? Thanks

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
Has anyone looked at the Ring dash cam? Announced a couple of years ago, they are slated to ship next month. It looks like it is a combination front/cabin camera that mounts at the dashboard level and is designed to get its power from the OBD port. Ring offers a $60 per year LTE subscription for connectivity while driving.

Thoughts anyone?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Has anyone looked at the Ring dash cam? Announced a couple of years ago, they are slated to ship next month. It looks like it is a combination front/cabin camera that mounts at the dashboard level and is designed to get its power from the OBD port. Ring offers a $60 per year LTE subscription for connectivity while driving.

Thoughts anyone?
2 things I donā€™t like
  • Uses the OBD port
  • Subscription

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Want to put my RSC Nano at top of windshield but where to run the wire to hide it? Where did you get power for your unit?? Thanks
My Ram 1500 has a power port straight down from the rear-view mirror, so I just dropped my wire straight down. Kinda jinky but I don't even notice it anymore.