SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Fellow audiophile here. I agree it's pretty lackluster, but I purchased the b&o for the extra speaker cavities and NOT the stock sound. I always planned on replacing all of it. Just not any time soon due to other expenses.

cxp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Note different music apps will sound different even over wireless... something is going on differently under the curtain on smartphones that is producing different sound signature. I wish we still had CD players.

To my ears Apple sounds the best while ironically Tidal/Qobuz sound thin and mid-scooped with no presence/tone. This is not specific to the Bronco sport... even using multiple DACs with my headphones... it's not mp3 vs. Flac... it's the apps themselves have a dominant signature to them.

Regardless the main issue here is the system is tuned by B&O and is pseudo-audiophile. It is tuned in a way for maximum imaging and staging while sacrificing body and presence. IMO Bose is tuned much better from the factory.

One trick that may work is use the speed sensitive setting on high and boost the mids and bass while doing a treble cut. I agree with previous poster that cutting is better than boosting but it's inevitable on this system since its so out of wack when set to flat. What i've noticed is that if you have speed sensitive off and boost the bass it's really empty and boomy but with the sensitive setting on there is a mid boost to the sound (I'm suspecting active noise compensation) and when you adjust the settings it becomes much more natural.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
I've been driving our Baby Bronco with its B&O sound a lot these past few weeks, and have had a lot of drive time to listen to music via Bluetooth, XM, HD Radio and USB.

For comparison, I also drive a 2012 Nissan Rogue with stock Bose System (not enough bass to wake a church mouse) and my 2004 F250 with aftermarket Alpine deck, amps and 12" subs (super butt thumping bass that rattles the dishes in the kitchen).

My family and I are very happy with the sound in the BS. we rarely have the volume up over 15 and we're really enjoying the surround option. I think the bass is perfect for the space and after my initial setup and EQ settings, I haven't changed anything else except the volume. :)

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The mixed reports are interesting. The B&O system seems to be quite polarizing.

I hope It’s not due to Ford using whatever parts they can get due to supply issues.

Mick2022OB

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo XC90 Recharge
If there is a setting that sounds the best to you on Sirius music, please let me know. I’m having a problem hearing the upgrade.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If there is a setting that sounds the best to you on Sirius music, please let me know. I’m having a problem hearing the upgrade.
Absolutely no audio system will make Sirius sound good. You could spend $100,000 on a ultra high end system and it would still sound bad, probably even worse.

Sirius is very low quality. It’s worse than a 128kbps mp3 from 1999.

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have an FE with the B&O system and find it good enough for a stock car stereo. Not crazy about the dash speaker being louder. Also mostly listen to flac files on a usb. To me all of them are a gimmick Bose, B&O, JBL and so on as oem.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I remembered this thread while driving around today and thought I'd turn the radio up to 20 just to see what it's like. Quality and all that notwithstanding, it is so loud at 20, you would have to yell (like screaming yell) to tell the passenger to buckle up. 30 is like clasp your ears unbearable. It's like those shelf systems in Best Buy when someone just has to test and see if the volume knob really works, and treats the whole store to a song.

Something is wrong with your system if your audio is a whisper at 20. Like something in a setting. Either the system is lowering the volume constantly, like it does when it thinks a call, voice command, nav instruction or warning is going off; or something is just plain wrong with it. Maybe start with the simple headunit reset and make sure the latest Sync is running.

I'm no audiophile, but someone that lowers the mid "to the minimum" and then doesn't like the way vocals sound needs to revisit the sound settings page. They're very simple and rudimentary controls but you can hear the singing get worse with each press down.

derickveliz

Badlands
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
B&O makes a good approach trying to create a front stage (using the center channel) at lower volume has good tonality, it's not very dynamic but at least there is an effort in the right direction.

What I really like is the IB subwoofer, but it's too small!

I mean I can go crazy upgrading and creating a good SQ system in my little Bronco, but my kids like the way it sounds. So instead I may experiment a little bit with the Bass, because it does play low (due to the IB set up) but it needs a little punch! :sunglasses:

Picture for attention only (o:

Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 1655181551778

Kyukidoeric

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve said it before that this system does not sound good. 22BS BL. The sound stage is odd af. Like the singer is in a field in front of you and band is behind you. It isn’t very pleasing to the ears audibly. No matter what setting, format, source etc it still sounds muted and muddled.
Ford and B&O claim 560 watts to 10 speakers. Even if you go high on wattage for the speakers at 25 watts per speaker and 50 watts for the “sub” you’re at 275 watts max. So 140 watts probs. I understand rms vs max etc. Just making a point.
My Tacoma had 400 watts and was twice as loud and had half the speakers. And could hear it with the windows down, even at highway speeds turned a 1/3 the way up.
This POS system is barely audible at town speeds with the windows open. At 12 you cannot understand what is being said. So have to have it up to 15-18. I can have a conversation with someone sitting next to me at this level. Anything above it distorts. I had to check to make sure there were actually speakers in the back.
You get clearer vocals through the dash speakers and all the rest are muddy sounding.
Here’s B&O literature on it.

Tuning
The Ford Bronco Sport has undergone static and dynamic sound tuning to ensure that the listening experience in a stationary state is maintained while driving, regardless of the conditions.
I don’t have that. I know I’m the minority here with this, but is my most hated thing on this. It sounds that bad
My sport was awesome... We traded her in for the Big Bronco and the stereo SUCKS! For under $100, I replaced the two 6.5 and the four 4" speakers with Skar audio off Amazon. It made a Hugh difference. Sounds good now. One day, I'll add my amp and sub

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I remembered this thread while driving around today and thought I'd turn the radio up to 20 just to see what it's like. Quality and all that notwithstanding, it is so loud at 20, you would have to yell (like screaming yell) to tell the passenger to buckle up. 30 is like clasp your ears unbearable. It's like those shelf systems in Best Buy when someone just has to test and see if the volume knob really works, and treats the whole store to a song.

Something is wrong with your system if your audio is a whisper at 20. Like something in a setting. Either the system is lowering the volume constantly, like it does when it thinks a call, voice command, nav instruction or warning is going off; or something is just plain wrong with it. Maybe start with the simple headunit reset and make sure the latest Sync is running.

I'm no audiophile, but someone that lowers the mid "to the minimum" and then doesn't like the way vocals sound needs to revisit the sound settings page. They're very simple and rudimentary controls but you can hear the singing get worse with each press down.
Mine is loud at 14 like would not turn it up that high with passengers. At 20 a lot louder but still pretty clear.

Mine is set on Surround Sound and faded slightly to the rear.

I think the stereo in my 2016 F150 Platinum has a lot more power then the stereo in my sport. But the truck is a far more expensive vehicle then the sport.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
My sport was awesome... We traded her in for the Big Bronco and the stereo SUCKS! For under $100, I replaced the two 6.5 and the four 4" speakers with Skar audio off Amazon. It made a Hugh difference. Sounds good now. One day, I'll add my amp and sub
I have ordered speakers from Crutchfield for several other cars in the past. You enter vehicle make model and they auto recommend speakers. Free adapters so no cutting wires so direct replacement. They can recommend speakers that are best matched to the factory radio for best sound.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
Okay, Here is a test for all you naysayers...

Here are my settings. If you duplicate these settings, turn it up to 15 and play "Bad Guy" from Billie Eilish and still can't here the bass and rumbling/buzzing car parts from your B&O speakers, then you have a problem with your system or your media source. :p

Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 20220613_181107
Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 20220613_181120
Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 20220613_181220

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Okay, Here is a test for all you naysayers...

Here are my settings. If you duplicate these settings, turn it up to 15 and play "Bad Guy" from Billie Eilish and still can't here the bass and rumbling/buzzing car parts from your B&O speakers, then you have a problem with your system or your media source. :p

Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 20220613_181107
Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 20220613_181120
Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 20220613_181220
Billie who?
Sponsored