B&O this sounds terrible

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I don’t know what sound system I have but I have to crank it to hear it, I just thought it was because I’m going deaf lol.

kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Absolutely no audio system will make Sirius sound good. You could spend $100,000 on a ultra high end system and it would still sound bad, probably even worse.

Sirius is very low quality. It’s worse than a 128kbps mp3 from 1999.
What many people don't realize about Sirius XM satellite is, they made a financial decision, long ago, that it was more valuable to cram as much audio content over limited satellite bandwidth than to use better sounding higher bit-rates.

They attempt to compensate for this by using some high-end audio processing gear at their station. They supposedly spent millions to have audio engineers customize and install these racks of equipment so they can try to selectively strip out certain frequencies from audio and boost others as the content streams, to optimize how good it sounds when using that limited of bandwidth.

As I find with most of these processing attempts? It just winds up further butchering the original sound and makes some random part of a song sound worse as often as it makes part of another sound slightly better.

It also means it's harder to try to EQ Sirius XM to make it sound "better" on your system, because you can't compensate in real-time for whatever they're boosting or cutting as things play.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
And I thought all the sound inconsistencies were because I was listening to Grateful Dead live performances on Sirius. 🤣

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Streaming high quality audio or using a USB stick is the only way to go. Sirius is bad and very few radio stations have decent sound quality.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If the stereo really is as bad as some suggest I may reject my Badlands!

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Ford F350 Lariat
You all are nuts... I think Sirius XM sounds great as well as everything else I've piped through it. Granted, some older songs from the 70's and 80's fall short in high fidelity, but hot damn our family seems to really enjoy the sound system in our Baby Bronco.

I've always considered myself to be super picky when it comes to anything sound/video related... But if you all truly think that the B&O sound system sucks so badly, I must not be as picky as I once thought.

cxp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The sound over USB is very tricky. Using an apple or other generic USB cable results in a very bright sound with no bass when set flat. If you try “audiophile” cables the sound changes a lot… not subtle. Basically flat with an Audioquest Forrest has as much bass as apple usb with bass turned up +4/+5. This indicates the USB inputs are very bad… it’s very susceptible to noise from the phone and cable differences.

Bluetooth may actually sound better compared to generic USB cables as long as bit rate is reasonable as there is no noise from phone to go into the DAC.

I’m not surprised those that listen to satellite think it’s ok…. bit rate is not the whole story. Noise from a phone - which has a lot of EMI/RFI makes for a very harsh sound. That noise easily trumps bit rate and will make FLAC sound like crap.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I regular have mine at 20 with B&O and it feels like it struggles to drown out a normal speaking voice, no matter the source, fade placement, or EQ. 20 with the windows down is useless.

20 was the limit in the Fusion I had with Sony speakers with the windows up.
I thought maybe the bigger cab made a difference but now I just think they're weak.
My plain old base model stereo jams just fine.
Above 20 it starts to jam hard.
And does not struggle.
With the windows down and turned up above 20 everyone near by can hear me.
I’m not a look at me person so I keep the windows up more when jamming down the highway, or get near people.
One day I would like to hear that B&O system.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Well listening at 15-18 was too much and blew my passenger door speaker. 2k miles and speakers are failing with normal listening. I know some are gonna criticize my settings. Can’t add more bass will distort bad same with the mids. Just muddy shitty sound. The B&O sounds like a dollar store Bluetooth speaker. It’s that bad. I welcome you to listen to my shit. My helmet speakers are clearer at 100mph and no windscreen. And I’m wearing a race helmet. Can barely hear the B&O with the windows open at any speed.
Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 436CBC58-C168-40F9-90B1-075CF09A59BC

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Well listening at 15-18 was too much and blew my passenger door speaker. 2k miles and speakers are failing with normal listening. I know some are gonna criticize my settings. Can’t add more bass will distort bad same with the mids. Just muddy shitty sound. The B&O sounds like a dollar store Bluetooth speaker. It’s that bad. I welcome you to listen to my shit. My helmet speakers are clearer at 100mph and no windscreen. And I’m wearing a race helmet. Can barely hear the B&O with the windows open at any speed.
Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 436CBC58-C168-40F9-90B1-075CF09A59BC
There's clearly something wrong with your system. Why don't you take it to the dealer to get it fixed instead of just continuing to complain here?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The sound over USB is very tricky.
It sounds like you are saying you can hear a difference in the sound of transferred bits from one cable to another. Bits are just digital data; the sound they make is determined by the DAC, amp, and speakers. Assuming you are using the same bit rate from one cable to the next it doesn’t seem possible there would be a difference in sound quality.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
If it’s playing sound. Ford says operating as designed. That’s why