cxp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It sounds like you are saying you can hear a difference in the sound of transferred bits from one cable to another. Bits are just digital data; the sound they make is determined by the DAC, amp, and speakers. Assuming you are using the same bit rate from one cable to the next it doesn’t seem possible there would be a difference in sound quality.

Here we go. Digital is turned into analog… this process is very complex and involves many types of noise and jitter inside a DAC. DACs are not immune to noise… a perfect DAC would have Zero noise coming into it. Currently I am not aware of any standard DAC on the market whether $5 or $100,000 which has zero noise through USB…. There are a few exceptions that have internal optical isolators.

The bits are always perfect… the conversion process is far from invincible and is very let’s say fragile.

Run the experiment yourself. Flatten the EQ, run a song over cheap usb using your favorite app. Then over Bluetooth. I’m not going to demand you buy a $50 USB cable. This is a faster experiment. Does the tonality change dramatically? More than expected?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Here we go. Digital is turned into analog…
You are talking about using using the DAC in your phone. If you are accessing your phone over USB as a storage device and using SYNC’s DAC there should be no difference in sound quality between USB cables, right?

cxp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You are talking about using using the DAC in your phone. If you are accessing your phone over USB as a storage device and using SYNC’s DAC there should be no difference in sound quality between USB cables, right?
There is a DAC in the Bronco Sport B&O system. There is no way to use an external DAC in the BS. The only way would be if there was an aux-in like RCA input or 3.5mm in.

USB is a very deep rabbit hole in audio since the input/outputs have varying qualities.

USB itself is a crap interface for audio. Power and data are right next to each other!
Better cables isolate the power from the data lines to keep the power line from polluting and adding noise to the data line.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
There is a DAC in the Bronco Sport B&O system. There is no way to use an external DAC in the BS. The only way would be if there was an aux-in like RCA input or 3.5mm in.

USB is a very deep rabbit hole in audio since the input/outputs have varying qualities.

USB itself is a crap interface for audio. Power and data are right next to each other!
Better cables isolate the power from the data lines to keep the power line from polluting and adding noise to the data line.
We’re talking past each other. If you use an app on your phone for mp3 playback and stream it to SYNC then you are using your phone’s DAC. In that case there is a difference in signal quality between Bluetooth and USB. If there’s a difference between USB cables my ears are not capable of hearing it.

If you access your phone as a storage device and playback using SYNC then you are using SYNC’s DAC and the only thing moving over the cable is ones and zeros. In the latter case the quality of the USB cable is irrelevant. At least that’s the way I see it. What am I missing?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If it’s playing sound. Ford says operating as designed. That’s why
Most dealers will say if sound is coming out it ain't broke. You might want to look at dealer service reviews online see if you can find a dealer that cares and has competent techs. They are out there but not common when it comes to Ford warranty work. Also Lincoln dealers can do Ford warranty work too.

Saw a thread over on bronco6g ppl complaining about B&O. Bunch of them put better speakers in and it fixed it.

The B&O in mine sounds good so mine doesn't have that problem.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Is everyone getting the same B&O system?

Is Ford, due to supply issues, cutting corners with the premium sound system?

I ask because the opinions people have are quite strong.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Is everyone getting the same B&O system?

Is Ford, due to supply issues, cutting corners with the premium sound system?

I ask because the opinions people have are quite strong.
I think what you’re hearing is a vocal minority who’ve made it a mission to prove to everyone who disagrees they’re right and everyone else is wrong.

Plenty of people on here, almost everyone really is enjoying theirs just fine.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I think its possible Ford may have got a batch of sub standard speakers or other bad stereo components and some ppls stereos are actually bad. With global supply chain crisis Ford may have had to use what ever they could get to complete the vehicles.

Others may have higher expectations and the stereo is as drsigned.

cxp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would expect more standardization on the speakers themselves but the other chips in the stereo could be different.

USB chips could be way different and some can sound like garbage.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Okay, Here is a test for all you naysayers...

Here are my settings. If you duplicate these settings, turn it up to 15 and play "Bad Guy" from Billie Eilish and still can't here the bass and rumbling/buzzing car parts from your B&O speakers, then you have a problem with your system or your media source. :p

Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 20220613_181107
Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 20220613_181120
Ford Bronco Sport B&O this sounds terrible 20220613_181220
OK, out of curiosity I pulled that song up on Spotify to hear what it is. All I can say is if that was all I could listen to, I would hope that my stereo was broken so I wouldn't have to listen to that crap. :crackup:

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
OK, out of curiosity I pulled that song up on Spotify to hear what it is. All I can say is if that was all I could listen to, I would hope that my stereo was broken so I wouldn't have to listen to that crap. :crackup:
Well, having a 14 year old, I have to endure all sorts of "interesting" music. Thankfully, she also enjoys some 70's, 80's. 90's and classic rock. :)

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Does everyone else’s system only play vocals through the 3 dash speakers and muddy mids/bass through all the others. Cause that’s how mine is. Singer on hood and band in back yard

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Does everyone else’s system only play vocals through the 3 dash speakers and muddy mids/bass through all the others. Cause that’s how mine is. Singer on hood and band in back yard
The right and left speakers on the dash are 1” (25mm) tweeters. The center speaker is a 3” (80mm) midrange driver.

That‘s why it sounds like vocals are coming from the dash.

The speakers in the front doors are 6” (160mm) midwoofers.

The rear doors contain the same 1” tweeters and 6” midwoofers as the front.

SenzeiReese

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
What kind of replacements would be ideal if you wanted to improve on the existing system?
Sponsored