Anyone install the Bushwacker fender flares ?

TheDeadlySpaceman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
Is the "Ford" version the same as Bushwacker? In other words, does it have the Bushwacker symbol on the end cap of the flares?
The ones in my photo were the option on the 22 Badlands for “unpaintable” fender flares straight from Ford. They are Bushwacker and have Bushwacker logos/branding. I don’t know exactly what you mean by the “end cap of the flares”, but the logos on mine are discreetly tucked inside the wheel well. I never even noticed them until I was checking my new tires for rub and poked my head into the well.
Sponsored

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The ones in my photo were the option on the 22 Badlands for “unpaintable” fender flares straight from Ford. They are Bushwacker and have Bushwacker logos/branding. I don’t know exactly what you mean by the “end cap of the flares”, but the logos on mine are discreetly tucked inside the wheel well. I never even noticed them until I was checking my new tires for rub and poked my head into the well.
Perfect! This is the logo on line. Is that what you have?
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install the Bushwacker fender flares ? 1672417813782

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I installed them about a month ago, and really like them. RoughCountry also sells fender flares, but I have no experience with them. They may be the same for all I know.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install the Bushwacker fender flares ? IMG_1090.JPG
Are these the Rough Country flares or OEM? I'm looking for some aftermarket ones with similar looks to these ... like the Bushwhackers option.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Ford actually sells the Bushwacker brand. I think they are more stout than the RC. I love mine!

Saboga

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 Chevy 3100, 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Are these the Rough Country flares or OEM? I'm looking for some aftermarket ones with similar looks to these ... like the Bushwhackers option.
These are the Bushwackers. I bought them direct rather than through Ford.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays,

I was wondering if anyone has installed the Bushwacker fender flares, with the hardware, on their bronco sport?

I was looking into getting them and wanted to see how others liked them and how they looked on one.
I had the dealer install the set available through Ford. I'm 99% sure they are Bushwhacker. Installed using supplied hardware, c-clips. They suck, One side fell off at carwash twice. Ford dealer says he can't get new clips separately. I bought some at AutoZone. Eventually I will add stainless bolts all around. Sealing drill holes carefully should prevent rust.

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Due to the loose fit on the rear doors, I remove them for the winter. They collect salt and sand like crazy.

TheDeadlySpaceman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
Do you know of an aftermarket source that is similar. Mine came with mud flaps but truthfully not on the top of my list.
As far as I know you can order them directly from Bushwacker. They are an “aftermarket” company, Ford just offers their stuff.

Sadly I can tell you that these particular flares are incompatible with the mudflaps- so you’d have to remove those to fit the flares.

Last edited:

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
As far as I know you can order them directly from Bushwacker. They are an “aftermarket” company, Ford just offers their stuff.

Sadly I can tell you that these particular flares are incompatible with the mudflaps- so you’d have to remove those to fit the flares.
Mine from Ford, do say Bushwacker in the inside of the flare.

I will be needing some type of mudflaps because I've ordered some wheel spacers. So, are you saying that I can't remove part of the flare, then install the mudflap, then reconnect the flare again?

TheDeadlySpaceman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
are you saying that I can't remove part of the flare, then install the mudflap, then reconnect the flare again?
I’m just basing this on the options on the Ford website from…. 10 months ago(?) when I was ordering my car.

Taking the flares locked out taking the mudflaps, and vice-versa. It looks to me like maybe they overlap a little in where they mount, but to be honest I didn’t look too deeply into it because I didn’t want mudflaps. I’m sure there’s a workable solution.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I’m just basing this on the options on the Ford website from…. 10 months ago(?) when I was ordering my car.

Taking the flares locked out taking the mudflaps, and vice-versa. It looks to me like maybe they overlap a little in where they mount, but to be honest I didn’t look too deeply into it because I didn’t want mudflaps. I’m sure there’s a workable solution.
I remember seeing that too when ordering. It was kinda ridiculous the combinations that weren't allowed. For instance if I added rear mudflap kit I have to remove the following unrelated items:
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install the Bushwacker fender flares ? 1676319717401

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Late to the discussion. But my experience with the rough country fender flares is the bottom edges don’t sit flush with the existing plastic. You either have it sit flush on one side and expose the other side of the existing fender or have .5” of the original fender exposed on both sides so it is even. Idk if that makes sense through text but it drives me insane.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install the Bushwacker fender flares ? IMG_2692

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install the Bushwacker fender flares ? IMG_2693

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install the Bushwacker fender flares ? IMG_2694

Emora30

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This might be a silly question, but you all go through the car wash with your fender flares? Or do you hand wash?
Sponsored