ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m in no way saying this install was for a novice that has never installed some type of electrical in a vehicle but the difference in installing the curt harness and Ford harness are minimal if any. Ford has these harnesses made by another company and just stamps their name on it. I would go as far as to say that it’s very possible that they are made by curt.
Thanks for the info ?
Happy trailing
Sponsored

First Name
Burke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Have you looked at the u haul video they have a install of the wiring and they show how to get the the taillight wiring
Thanks ! That is just what I needed. Not sure how i missed that at first. They make it look pretty basic.

Legin2000

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
After waiting almost two months for U-Haul to find the tow bar I paid for, I bought one from etrailer.com -- the Draw Tite. Should arrive Thursday. Hoping to get U-Haul to install it; otherwise, give me a full refund.

Legin2000

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
After waiting almost two months for U-Haul to find the tow bar I paid for, I bought one from etrailer.com -- the Draw Tite. Should arrive Thursday. Hoping to get U-Haul to install it; otherwise, give me a full refund.
Got the Draw Title hitch installed yesterday at U-Haul.

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_2224

Legin2000

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is it just the picture or did they butcher the cut? I'm sure it looks fine from a distance though.
I think the picture could be a lot better.

So now I'm finding out that the teardrop trailers I'm looking at have 7-pin connectors and brakes. This means I need a 4 pin to 7 pin adapter and a brake controller. Or have them replace the 4 pin wiring with 7 pin.

Jocker

Base
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I think the picture could be a lot better.

So now I'm finding out that the teardrop trailers I'm looking at have 7-pin connectors and brakes. This means I need a 4 pin to 7 pin adapter and a brake controller. Or have them replace the 4 pin wiring with 7 pin.
Is it fair to say the best price and availability for hitch installations is through Uhaul?

Locally here I had already agreed for my local 4 wheel parts store to do my hitch installation for under $500.00 with labor thinking it would be about the same price as having Uhaul do the installation - I was wrong. Come to find out I paid $490.00 to get my hitch installed but that's it. No mount, hitch, wiring, etc. I don't know the quality of work Uhaul does but I could have saved a lot of money by going through Uhaul.

Legin2000

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is it fair to say the best price and availability for hitch installations is through Uhaul?

Locally here I had already agreed for my local 4 wheel parts store to do my hitch installation for under $500.00 with labor thinking it would be about the same price as having Uhaul do the installation - I was wrong. Come to find out I paid $490.00 to get my hitch installed but that's it. No mount, hitch, wiring, etc. I don't know the quality of work Uhaul does but I could have saved a lot of money by going through Uhaul.
For sure, UHaul seems to offer the best prices. Cheapest quote I got by a couple hundred dollars.

I've scheduled a new appointment to get the 4-pin connector they originally installed, upgraded to a 7-pin. I purchased the Curt Echo Mobile Brake Controller from Amazon. It's not a cheap piece of kit, but it'll control the camper's brakes without adding another doodad to the dash.

Pete_72

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I ordered my hitch almost a month ago and it finally shipped today, I’m ready to get this Bronco ready to tow!

danielmac

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Is there any performance difference between the Curt hitch and Draw Tite hitch? The specs seem to be the same. If I am doing it myself, it seems like the Draw Tite might be a little easier because I dont need to feed the bolts through. Although, Im sure the Bumper wont be fun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR2, Ford Expedition
I’m looking to get a tow hitch added to my BL+BL. I’m not sure how I missed getting that factory installed!!!

Is there a separate bumper with the cut-out that the dealer would install?
Or is it easy enough that I can cut the current plastic bumper to access the are to install?

I don’t need the wiring harness, as I’m only using it to attach a bike rack.
Thanks!
Check this out. U-haul has a video on how to install.
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Installation - YouTube

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is there any performance difference between the Curt hitch and Draw Tite hitch? The specs seem to be the same. If I am doing it myself, it seems like the Draw Tite might be a little easier because I dont need to feed the bolts through. Although, Im sure the Bumper wont be fun
Feeding the bolts through on the curt hitch was quite easy. I much preferred this than having to take apart the bumper and pop the lights like the drawtite.

Was an easy installation overall.

Mblmr_chick

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacqueline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Has anyone gotten a price to have the dealer install factory tow package?
When I was offered a different unit during the wait from hell, the dealer offered one did not have the tow package I ordered. When I inquired on the additional cost, I was told about $500. I opted to wait.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
The video shows minimal drilling. Unlike Ford EDGE that requires 2 additional holes drilled. I'd suggest some touch-up paint or nail polish on the "en biggened" hole to stave off rust for a couple of years.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I originally ordered my sport with a tow hitch, but when one became available at the dealer, I couldn't say no...they wanted to charge me somewhere around $800.00 and I told them no I would wait for my bronco to come in. They caved and only charged me $375.00. Problem is, they said that the parts would be in 2 weeks ago and have no idea when they'll get it.
[/QUOTE.
Same here bought April 17 said it would be 4 to 6 weeks before it came in. Yesterday they told me it was not showing on delivery yet. Also they guesstimated it would be around $750 and included that in sales figure. Parts listed in Accessory catalog for $345.00. A hitch was part of my deal. Ford is not helping with these problems.
Sponsored