mrsrebel

Big Bend
First Name
Mona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So thankful for this forum! We were investigating having a tow hitch added. Local shop quoted me $390 installed, have to modify bumper lower portion marginally....so I came here researching :like:
I trust these local folks, they've done several different jobs for us before so this seems the way to go instead of trying to source a replacement bumper with hitch (which was on the table after hearing 'modify bumper' LOL!) If/when we get it done, I'll bring back some pictures.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Any new advice on adding a hitch to a 22 Badlands? Really don’t like the cut look…

Looks like you need to remove the bumper on the 2022 regardless of hitch brand.

Last edited:

Chook

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Here's the quality of the job a local Ford Dealership did on my new 2022 BS. And as a bonus, it looks like the mechanic staged the hitch on the new cargo mat which left multiple small slices in it.

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5683

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5686

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5690

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5734

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5736

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5680

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5685

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mkz, 2011 F150 FX4, 1975 MGB
I just installed a curt hitch on my BL and it turned out great. The hitch was super easy to install, took about 1 hour. I did have use of a lift. I cut the fascia in steps so that I had a nice fit around the hitch. Took about 4 hours to do the wiring.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Appreciate the offer! Once it cools off here in AZ I will consider taking another run at it in my garage. Just con’t do anything in there this time of year!

cubedtothex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Here's the quality of the job a local Ford Dealership did on my new 2022 BS. And as a bonus, it looks like the mechanic staged the hitch on the new cargo mat which left multiple small slices in it.

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5683

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5686

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5690

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5734

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5736

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5680

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch IMG_5685
Gross. I really wanted to add a hitch for a bike rack, but may look into interior and roof options. All aftermarket jobs look horrible unless you add the expensive factory tow bumper.

sdchrisp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
On behalf of me, someone who just started looking for a tow hitch since I was dumb enough to forget to check my order, thank you for all the helpful information. I plan on getting the Curt version through my local U-Haul and also having them install it as well. Great pricing.
The question I have is; do I need the electrical wiring installed if the only thing I'm using the hitch for is a full-size tire carrier/swing-gate?

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Only need the electrical wiring if you’re towing. Put mine on for recovery and didn’t wire anything up.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
do I need the electrical wiring installed if the only thing I'm using the hitch for is a full-size tire carrier/swing-gate?
I would say it depends on the carrier/swing-gate you install. If it doesn't block the tail lights on your car you should be fine. There are some carriers that include lighting, which would require a connection to your car's lighting system.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
On behalf of me, someone who just started looking for a tow hitch since I was dumb enough to forget to check my order, thank you for all the helpful information. I plan on getting the Curt version through my local U-Haul and also having them install it as well. Great pricing.
The question I have is; do I need the electrical wiring installed if the only thing I'm using the hitch for is a full-size tire carrier/swing-gate?
You don’t have to for your use case but adding wiring these days is quite easy. Pretty much plug and play. Worse part is running the 12v from the battery to the little box that converts the blinkers and brakes into one signal. Just make sure you attach the ground wire to a good ground (no painted surfaces).

Last edited:

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
You don’t have to for your use case but adding wiring these days is quite easy. Pretty much plug and play. Worst part is running the 12v from the battery to the little box that converts the blinkers and brakes into one signal. Just make sure you attach the ground wire to a good ground (no painted surfaces).
found the rear tail light stud to be a proper ground
benefit - protected from corrosion which leads to grounding failures
Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch 1667054465264
Sponsored