2023 Climate Controls

GOAT Mode

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Apparently, the digital temperature display has been removed from the temperature control knob in newer Sports. Can it be assumed, or can anyone confirm that the temperature will now display on the 8" touchscreen?

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls 2021-ford-bronco-sport-9

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls 2022-ford-bronco-sport-big-bend-carbonized-gray-metallic-22
Sponsored

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
Is it pretty safe to assume that the 2023 models won't have the temp display on the knobs either? I don't recall if there was any mention of it in the 2023 order guide, one way or the other.

OP
OP
GOAT Mode

GOAT Mode

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it pretty safe to assume that the 2023 models won't have the temp display on the knobs either? I don't recall if there was any mention of it in the 2023 order guide, one way or the other.
That seems to be true. No temp display on the knobs. The temp(s) will display on the 8" touchscreen.

I looked through the MY23 Order Guide and also found no mention of this. Wonder what other surprises we are in for.........

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
My '16 F150 is like that no display on knobs but selected temp is displayed on touch screen.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That seems to be true. No temp display on the knobs. The temp(s) will display on the 8" touchscreen.

I looked through the MY23 Order Guide and also found no mention of this. Wonder what other surprises we are in for.........
It was already in place for 2022 so no reason to list in the 2023 guide. They donā€™t seem to list all the little things like the passenger insulation panel, cup holders ambient lighting, folding head restsā€¦ā€¦that seem to disappear as if by magic between model years.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
The Maverick did the same thing around May 2022 builds. Mine was built in January so it has the digital temperature display. This is in response to the semiconductor chip shortage. I guess it requires less chips to operate that digital readout and is replaced by a simpler thermostat icon.

BroncoDave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apparently, the digital temperature display has been removed from the temperature control knob in newer Sports. Can it be assumed, or can anyone confirm that the temperature will now display on the 8" touchscreen?

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls 2021-ford-bronco-sport-9

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls 2022-ford-bronco-sport-big-bend-carbonized-gray-metallic-22
I believe that the second picture is of the climate control for a Non-Premium Package Bronco Sport. It does not show dual climate control, nor does it show heated steering wheel.

OP
OP
GOAT Mode

GOAT Mode

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that the second picture is of the climate control for a Non-Premium Package Bronco Sport. It does not show dual climate control, nor does it show heated steering wheel.
Thank you. I did a quick Google search to find some images to help illustrate my point. Iā€™m just assuming the knobs will be similar in the 2023.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I actually find the digital displays to look a little tacky. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have that feature if they improved the look of it, but as it is on the '21 models, I'd rather just have it display the temp when I adjust it on the touch screen like it does with my '22.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
This was already and done on Escapes. FE and BS are same from middle-center dash to storage bin. The '20 and '22 FEs I test drove had temperature display on the knobs. PIctured in the '20 Escape brochure.

The knobs on my '22 FE delivered in May don't show temperature. It's on the 8" screen.

It is slight decontenting. Can also be argued that It's safer looking at the top of the screen for temperature rather than lower dash. Keeps you looking out windshield.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
i will have to play with them once i get it. sounds similar to my 15 mustang where its in the digital screen in the center console. i dont tough it much because i mostly keep it on LO no matter what.
in my edge same thing....in the center screen. i set it LO in summer (mostly a/c) and in winter at 68 (enough to get frost of windows, unless its a heavy, or snow) i use the remote start in winter to kick on the driver heated seat and steering wheel then once i get in i turn all that off. its just warm enough for me to be comfortable. i have an 8min drive to work and back .... if kids or someone else in the car they can adjust but its not a burden. i drove the 1.5l when they first came out but never had a chance to drive the 2.0 (bronco version) yet. our escape has the 2.0 so i know what its capable of. i will need to get used to the dash and where everything is.
wife is taking the Edge ST. she doesnt want a new car to drive....so she is giving me the bronco :)
she just has to get used to the Edge ST and all that Power....
now if i could get the ST power in that BS BL...well that would be another story....

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This is correct. In the earlier non-premium package cars (first half of 2021?) however, the right knob is the same as the left knob in cars with the premium package, i.e. they had the temp display in the knob.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
It was already in place for 2022 so no reason to list in the 2023 guide. They donā€™t seem to list all the little things like the passenger insulation panel, cup holders ambient lighting, folding head restsā€¦ā€¦that seem to disappear as if by magic between model years.
Ambient lighting was only ever available on Outer Banks, unfortunately. I miss it having had it on my previous three Fords.
Sponsored