Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Sport
Hey Y'all,

I have a MY22 and they removed the digital display of the temperature knobs. I know some folks have expressed that they liked it but when using CarPlay, you only see the temperature flash when you change it vs being able to see it all the time. (Of course, you can exit out of CarPlay and see them on the Sync3 screen but that's a hassle).

I found the part on the ford parts site and wondering if anyone has experience swapping this out or if there is something I'm not thinking about when it comes to wiring it up. (short of calling my service center, I figured I'd come here first).
Sponsored

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I didn't know they changed this. From what I can see it looks like a significantly different layout. Can you share a photo of yours?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...you only see the temperature flash when you change it vs being able to see it all the time.
I guess this is a style thing; I don't know why you would need to see the temp all the time. If I'm cold/hot I don't really care what it's currently set at, I'm gonna turn the temp up/down. When I do the temp will be on the screen so I don't set it up too high/low. What's the benefit of having it on the screen all the time?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My understanding it was a chip thing. The whole idea of the automatic climate control is to set it and forget it. My wife’s HRV is set at 73 and never moves. The seat heaters work here to warm things up quickly. I’ll agree I liked the way they looked better but not enough to change them or hold up the delivery for them.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Hey Y'all,

I have a MY22 and they removed the digital display of the temperature knobs. I know some folks have expressed that they liked it but when using CarPlay, you only see the temperature flash when you change it vs being able to see it all the time. (Of course, you can exit out of CarPlay and see them on the Sync3 screen but that's a hassle).

I found the part on the ford parts site and wondering if anyone has experience swapping this out or if there is something I'm not thinking about when it comes to wiring it up. (short of calling my service center, I figured I'd come here first).
I'm willing to bet the connecter is the same as those tiny temp displays probably don't use a substantial amount over the newer ones to merit an upgrade in wiring/connectors.

You have to determine if it's worth a $365-ish 'up'grade (Fairway Ford, Marcotte Ford). Me, PERSONALLY, I would do it. By the way, full part number is M1PZ-19980-B.

Ramseyi

Badlands
First Name
Ramsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
kindly show us a pictures, so I could see the difference between year '21 and '22 model.

MySoupIsTooHot

Outer Banks
First Name
Hilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport HPR
kindly show us a pictures, so I could see the difference between year '21 and '22 model.
the only difference is the center of the knob has a digital clock style readout of the set temperature, whereas the new knobs have a plain face. if you want to see the difference and you currently have the old knobs (MY2021), then the new knobs can be viewed in the configurator.

Ramseyi

Badlands
First Name
Ramsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
the only difference is the center of the knob has a digital clock style readout of the set temperature, whereas the new knobs have a plain face. if you want to see the difference and you currently have the old knobs (MY2021), then the new knobs can be viewed in the configurator.
To me I like the temp display, I think if you live where there is a winter season it is very important to see the number just to compare your interior temp and outside temp and I believe whatever temp set you have, that is the temp on your car seat and on your back window.

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
A lot of the fit and finish items are being discarded, understandable because of chips/parts shortage. That is the trend I'm seeing on here.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
To me I like the temp display, I think if you live where there is a winter season it is very important to see the number just to compare your interior temp and outside temp and I believe whatever temp set you have, that is the temp on your car seat and on your back window.
The knob doesn't display anything other than what temperature you desire for the heater. It is not a thermometer nor does it control anything else. I've lived my entire life in the north and never had a temperature display on a knob. I just turn it up or down depending on how comfortable I feel.

OP
OP
BourbonBroncoSport

BourbonBroncoSport

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Switching Temperature Control Knobs in MY22 to MY21 7BAA4F12-D0B3-451E-9199-70EF308EBBA7

For those asking, here is what the MY 22 looks like.

For me it is more about what temp it is set to when I get in to see if I need to adjust. SoCal winters have wild temp fluxes so you could need it set to different temps depending on the time of day you enter the car. Being able to see it displayed in the knob will let me know if it is set to a good temp or if I need to go up or down.

Obviously this is all about personal preference and everyone has their own view but for me, I think it would be useful. I came from a 2010 Mazda 3 that didn’t have climate control at all, just a dial that you always had to play with because it wasn’t consistent. So being able to set a temp at all is a new luxury for me.

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
I figure if it is direct swap, and you can eventually get the controls out of a wrecked escape or sport.... Then I would say it is a viable sub $200 add on all day long.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's LAME decontenting -- this is a dual-zone automatic climate control -- come on, Ford! This is not an uncommon feature, and I find it very useful. Don't NEED this or that? Come on! The same folks complain about EVERYTHING else perceived as 'cheap' or just omitted as an "essential" feature (what, no seat cooling?), good grief. This an immediately visible cheapening of the vehicle.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
It's LAME decontenting -- this is a dual-zone automatic climate control -- come on, Ford! This is not an uncommon feature, and I find it very useful. Don't NEED this or that? Come on! The same folks complain about EVERYTHING else perceived as 'cheap' or just omitted as an "essential" feature (what, no seat cooling?), good grief. This an immediately visible cheapening of the vehicle.
I think this is more of Ford trying to simplify their parts bin rather than being cheap. The fewer unique parts they have across their lineup, the less delays and shortages they have to deal with. It's not ideal but if the other option is not being able to produce cars, you really only have one choice.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Hey Y'all,

My guy just confirmed he is almost certain it uses the same wiring harness. From the bad images in the parts catalog he sees the connectors appear to be the same.
Sponsored