Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Here is a swap out to make your media port illuminated like the prior yearn models. I previously had a 2021 OB and it had an illuminated media port. I know own a 2024 BL and it does not have it. I know some of you think it is not needed but in my opinion is that at night it is a huge help if you need to plug anything in.

A few disclaimers-

1) I cannot verify if this will work on any other model EXCEPT for a 2024 Badlands.
2) I know their are quite a few scratches, but I did not have the right tool to pry it out and I used a thin screwdriver but you can barley see it since it is under the console.
3) Make sure the one you buy say’s illuminated. If it doesn’t then don’t expect it to.
4) The OEM ones you buy even though same part number are no longer illuminated. They have a painted white ring around the ports as opposed to the one I bought which clearly show a translucent ring like the original which is the illuminated portion.
5) The media port gets power so there is no pin or anything missing the stops the new OEM ones from illuminating Ford simply took out the physical feature that illuminates.
6) No mod needs to be done or wiring changed they are plug and play.
7) I did not disconnect the battery, I simply had the vehicle off.

Use a very thin flat tool to gently pry up the edges of the module. Once one side starts to come up then go around each side and pry a little more until the whole module comes out (There are no clips that will break, it is held in with pressure tabs.)
Once module pops off, disconnect the 2 small wire harnesses from the back making sure they don’t fall back into the open port you just prayed the module from.
Plug those harnesses now into the new module you bought and reinsert the hole module back into the open port.

It is that simple! Turn your vehicle on and you will now have an illuminated USB/Carplay/Android Auto port just like the old days.

I have attached a link for the one I bought. I’m sure the other ones will work also as long as they say “Illuminated”.
I have attached pictures showing the old module only having a white ring around ports and the new one clearly showing the difference with a translucent border around the port.

Again I know it is scratched up so critique is not needed LOL. :p

Old port showing white painted ring-
Ford Bronco Sport Illuminated USB Media Port DIY Install IMG_0791

New Module showing translucent ring-

Ford Bronco Sport Illuminated USB Media Port DIY Install IMG_0787

After Install… ENJOY!!!!!!!!-

Ford Bronco Sport Illuminated USB Media Port DIY Install IMG_0786

Link for the one I bought on Amazon

TAIFAM Carplay USB Interface Hub,USB+Type-Cmodule Compatible for Ford Lincoln SYNC 3 Version 3.4 Fast Charging Stable Transmission,Support Apple Carplay Android OEM,HC3Z-19A387-C

https://a.co/d/46YNgkN
Sponsored

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Here is a swap out to make your media port illuminated like the prior yearn models. I previously had a 2021 OB and it had an illuminated media port. I know own a 2024 BL and it does not have it. I know some of you think it is not needed but in my opinion is that at night it is a huge help if you need to plug anything in.

A few disclaimers-

1) I cannot verify if this will work on any other model EXCEPT for a 2024 Badlands.
2) I know their are quite a few scratches, but I did not have the right tool to pry it out and I used a thin screwdriver but you can barley see it since it is under the console.
3) Make sure the one you buy say’s illuminated. If it doesn’t then don’t expect it to.
4) The OEM ones you buy even though same part number are no longer illuminated. They have a painted white ring around the ports as opposed to the one I bought which clearly show a translucent ring like the original which is the illuminated portion.
5) The media port gets power so there is no pin or anything missing the stops the new OEM ones from illuminating Ford simply took out the physical feature that illuminates.
6) No mod needs to be done or wiring changed they are plug and play.
7) I did not disconnect the battery, I simply had the vehicle off.

Use a very thin flat tool to gently pry up the edges of the module. Once one side starts to come up then go around each side and pry a little more until the whole module comes out (There are no clips that will break, it is held in with pressure tabs.)
Once module pops off, disconnect the 2 small wire harnesses from the back making sure they don’t fall back into the open port you just prayed the module from.
Plug those harnesses now into the new module you bought and reinsert the hole module back into the open port.

It is that simple! Turn your vehicle on and you will now have an illuminated USB/Carplay/Android Auto port just like the old days.

I have attached a link for the one I bought. I’m sure the other ones will work also as long as they say “Illuminated”.
I have attached pictures showing the old module only having a white ring around ports and the new one clearly showing the difference with a translucent border around the port.

Again I know it is scratched up so critique is not needed LOL. :p

Old port showing white painted ring-
Ford Bronco Sport Illuminated USB Media Port DIY Install IMG_0791

New Module showing translucent ring-

Ford Bronco Sport Illuminated USB Media Port DIY Install IMG_0787

After Install… ENJOY!!!!!!!!-

Ford Bronco Sport Illuminated USB Media Port DIY Install IMG_0786

Link for the one I bought on Amazon

TAIFAM Carplay USB Interface Hub,USB+Type-Cmodule Compatible for Ford Lincoln SYNC 3 Version 3.4 Fast Charging Stable Transmission,Support Apple Carplay Android OEM,HC3Z-19A387-C

https://a.co/d/46YNgkN
Try touching up the scratch marks with a black sharpie marker if you want to help hide them.

Good ad on. All trim levels should have the lighted ports IMO.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Sojourner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The Bronco Sport is only sync 3.
Oops. My bad. Thanks for the well-deserved smack alongside the head! :like:

The display and functions in my BS BL are so much nicer than what's in my Ranger that I assumed it had to be Sync 4.

Just looked at the window sticker. I uttered a Homer Simpson Duh....

Gonna have to read up on Sync.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oops. My bad. Thanks for the well-deserved smack alongside the head! :like:

The display and functions in my BS BL are so much nicer than what's in my Ranger that I assumed it had to be Sync 4.

Just looked at the window sticker. I uttered a Homer Simpson Duh....

Gonna have to read up on Sync.

Cheers!
Your welcome! We all need or at least I need a good smack upside the head every once in a while!

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
That is a nice mod but not for $110.00 just to have them light up.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2022’s are lit. I guess I never paid much attention to it. Where was all the bitching about decontenting? Come on guys, somebody has been slacking. This seems more useful to me than an engine cover I’ll only see once a year.

OP
OP
Martinjv71

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
That is a nice mod but not for $110.00 just to have them light up.
Each to his own. Just remember that when your fiddling around trying to plug something in when its night time. Maybe if you look around harder you can find it cheaper???

That's just a thought there........:cwl::rolleyes:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Nice write-up.

I do have this nice (cheap) pen light I could keep in the enter console....

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I do have this nice (cheap) pen light I could keep in the (c)enter console....
Will it fit in the deleted pen holder (if you have one)? :wink: Cheers!
Sponsored