Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
1996 Jeep Cherokee with the AMC 4.0L straight six designed in 1957 and converted to fuel injection in 1994 I got 394,000 miles with NO engine repairs at all. @394k the rear main let go.
My current beater is a 2004 Ford Escape 3.0L V-6 with 207,000 miles on the clock. NO engine repairs, runs so smooth.
2013 Ford F-150 3.7L V-6 Sold to a friend at 167,000 miles. Last time I asked he is at 280,000 and not a single engine problem.
My Brother put 340,000 on his Ford Ranger 4 Banger before he sold it, again no engines issues,,,
Just sayin.
Why did you get banned
Sponsored

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the 1.5 has been solid for us so far. and that's been in temperatures ranging from +35 to -35 celcius up here in canada.

i'm a BIG believer in maintenance and premium fuels. also, being a turbo, i always allow a good warm up and run down before driving or turning the vehicle off (i dont know if any of you remember turbo timers lol). simple thing like this can go a long long ways.

that being said, these are very complex engines, drivetrains, and computer systems. extended warranty makes me sleep very well at night.

we bought this sport to keep long term. i didn't want to pay the 'toyota tax' just because it's a toyota. i think Ford did excellent on this bronco sport chassis.
Everything you said is exactly right

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
Plenty of Bronco Sport 1.5’s on AutoTrader with over 68k or more. They’re all in perfect shape. Been doing research on the longevity of the 1.5 - all of the broncos I’ve called about are in perfect working order.

I love mine! Had a close to 400hp 2.7 F-150 (modded) and decided to step into a reliable grocery getter.

Yeah, some people experienced issues, but overall, this is a good engine.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hopefully for the 1.5 BS owners the timing belt doesn't degrade and break like it did for a number of 3 cylinder 1.0 liter Ecoboost engines which also have the wet timing belt.
Maybe that's why Ford changed the oil pan and oil capacity. Make sure to use the correct spec oil.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully for the 1.5 BS owners the timing belt doesn't degrade and break like it did for a number of 3 cylinder 1.0 liter Ecoboost engines which also have the wet timing belt.
Maybe that's why Ford changed the oil pan and oil capacity. Make sure to use the correct spec oil.
Just did the first oil change at 1,800 miles Mobil One Synthetic

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Why did you get banned
Seriously? Do you think he can answer?

As for all of the discussion in this thread about “American” vs “non-American” vehicles, those terms are meaningless. Often, so much of what you would call a foreign car is more domestic than what you would call an American car. It is changing during this weird few years, but in general, that’s old thinking.

hockeywookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Plenty of Bronco Sport 1.5’s on AutoTrader with over 68k or more. They’re all in perfect shape. Been doing research on the longevity of the 1.5 - all of the broncos I’ve called about are in perfect working order.
I hadn't thought of doing that before so i went onto carfax listings, and saw some closer to 100k miles, started looking through the free carfax reports and kinda get the impression at least on the small sample size i looked at that they had a number of serious problems prior to selling or ending up in auction. Several transmission replacements, engine repairs, etc showed up. Kind of worrying but again small sample size and kind of typical for cars that end up at auction and at used dealers.

Xzavior1818

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Mustang Gt
The 1.5 in the BS has a timing chain but a belt drives the oil pump.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Why did you get banned
He can't reply to you if he got banned. From the short time I saw his responses before the ban, he was a bit vulger in his wording.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He can't reply to you if he got banned. From the short time I saw his responses before the ban, he was a bit vulger in his wording.
I am new and did not know if it was permanent

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I am new and did not know if it was permanent
Yea, not a shot at you. I too wondered were he went off to. My reply was only an assumption as to why he may have been banned.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, not a shot at you. I too wondered were he went off to. My reply was only an assumption as to why he may have been banned.
No biggie. I did read some of his post and they were ok. Like you said he probably had a verbal problem probably a hot head. Lol