2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really?

Sharkman

Badlands
First Name
Mako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
So we REALLY want the 2022 Badlands fully loaded with the Premium Package. However, the only interior option for the premium package is the 2-tone leather in ebony/roast. Why would Ford force everybody into that color scheme? Why not offer the Navy Pier color scheme or even just ebony?

We dislike the brown interior so much, we are forced into ordering the Outer Banks. So we are sacrificing the 2.0L engine for the 1.5L engine just to choose an interior color that is palatable.

So disappointing! Anybody have ideas how to get around this?
Sponsored

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
So we REALLY want the 2022 Badlands fully loaded with the Premium Package. However, the only interior option for the premium package is the 2-tone leather in ebony/roast. Why would Ford force everybody into that color scheme? Why not offer the Navy Pier color scheme or even just ebony?

We dislike the brown interior so much, we are forced into ordering the Outer Banks. So we are sacrificing the 2.0L engine for the 1.5L engine just to choose an interior color that is palatable.

The horrid color of the badlands premium stuff is one two reason I didn't order a 2021 with the badlands package in march, the other being a leaky sunroof. They always leak no matter what brand of car it is.

Imo the only good interior is the ebony active orange which is what I have on order on my 22. I think they force that brown color on premium package because they are trying to make it seem worthwhile for its price. Also somewhat hard to find an orange cow or other leather bearing four footer to skin.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

I ordered my 2022 badlands without the premium package for the same reason. I hate brown anything. What's wrong with black? That should be an option on every car. Actually black should be the default color on all interiors as far as I'm concerned. Don't mix brown and black, it looks like shit (brown).

OP
OP

Sharkman

Badlands
First Name
Mako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
I ordered my 2022 badlands without the premium package for the same reason. I hate brown anything. What's wrong with black? That should be an option on every car. Actually black should be the default color on all interiors as far as I'm concerned. Don't mix brown and black, it looks like shit (brown).
Totally agree! I really want everything the premium package has to offer, except the black/brown color interior. That is why we dropped down to the Outer Banks - we can get everything we want, including a kick-ass interior, but we lose the 2.0L engine, which is unfortunate. But I would rather deal with a smaller engine than to get into a car every day and hate the way it looks.

We looked at covering the leather with Katzkin, which would be perfect except the brown is all over the car. Not worth repainting all the trim and covering the leather. So unfortunate and short-sided Ford Marketing is. I just don't understand it.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

While I agree that Ford would be smart to offer a basic black/grey scheme for interiors; opting out of all the things you can't change (powertrain, suspension) for one thing that you can change (fabric) is just a really, really dumb choice. It isn't even the color you want. It's blue, not black. No one is forcing you to order the OB, lots of vehicles offer a black interior. You'll be back later with regrets about not getting the car you really wanted.

OP
OP

Sharkman

Badlands
First Name
Mako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
While I agree that Ford would be smart to offer a basic black/grey scheme for interiors; opting out of all the things you can't change (powertrain, suspension) for one thing that you can change (fabric) is just a really, really dumb choice. It isn't even the color you want. It's blue, not black. No one is forcing you to order the OB, lots of vehicles offer a black interior. You'll be back later with regrets about not getting the car you really wanted.
It isn't that simple. Not sure if you have actually seen the interior of the BL, but the brown is all over the place: passenger and driver seats, rear seats, doors, dashboard, etc. Sure, I would be willing to spend the $3500 with Katzkin to replace all the leather with another leather color of my liking. However, now I would have to pull all the trim inside and paint it as well. What's the point? For all that extra cost, why bother?

Ford should have a Carbon Fiber trim option, which would be nice. No - not worth the extra expense and headaches to change the entire interior to eliminate the brown color. Easiest and most cost effective option is to drop down to OB. Only difference between the fully loaded OB and BL is the engine. I can get everything I want in the OB otherwise.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Youā€™re not sure if you have seen a BL with the brown/ebony but you hate it? :crackup: Thatā€™s a good one. I canceled my 2021 FE because I saw the ebony/roast and much preferred it over the blue on blue Navy Pier in the FE. Been driving my Rapid Red BL + BL with ebony/roast for 4 months now loving every minute. Hope you enjoy the blue and donā€™t miss the 2.0 and cooled locking 4WD.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Everyone has their own taste. The ebony matches the black/ebony interior plastics. The roast is a traditional brown leather (think saddle brown) and the accents are a wood/leather brown. I personally think it looks really rich and compliments the bronco name/outdoors styling.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
The horrid color of the badlands premium stuff is one two reason I didn't order a 2021 with the badlands package in march, the other being a leaky sunroof. They always leak no matter what brand of car it is.

Imo the only good interior is the ebony active orange which is what I have on order on my 22. I think they force that brown color on premium package because they are trying to make it seem worthwhile for its price. Also somewhat hard to find an orange cow or other leather bearing four footer to skin.
We have had several cars with Power sun. roofs , including our OB & never a leak so far & we had a Taurus for ten years with one & no leaks.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Everyone has their own taste. The ebony matches the black/ebony interior plastics. The roast is a traditional brown leather (think saddle brown) and the accents are a wood/leather brown. I personally think it looks really rich and compliments the bronco name/outdoors styling.
Exactly. Boils down to personal choice. For instance: I really like FE other than the interior, which is similar to OB. Didn't care for it a single bit. That among other other minor differences what made me pass on FE in favor of BL + BL.

Realistically though, and entirely IMO, with production delays due to various part shortages, I just don't see Ford expanding the interior selection. Would've been nice to have more interior trim choices, I agree. That's not likely to happen any time soon, especially considering the demand these vehicles are in.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford should have a Carbon Fiber trim option, which would be nice. No - not worth the extra expense and headaches to change the entire interior to eliminate the brown color. Easiest and most cost effective option is to drop down to OB. Only difference between the fully loaded OB and BL is the engine. I can get everything I want in the OB otherwise.
We all like different things. For me, I had to have a badlands over the other models, so not ordering the premium package on my 2022 was my best option. I was not willing to drop to a lower model. The MSRP on the BL is only $500 more than an OB.

You get a lot more than just the 2 litre with the badlands. And at only $500 more, it's your best bang for your buck. I prefer all black interiors, and I'm not crazy about the area 51 either, but I can't get into a brown interior every day either. The BL is a much more capable vehicle off road and has a lot more HP and torque. If you ever drove the 2 litre you would never accept the 3 banger.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Exactly. Boils down to personal choice. For instance: I really like FE other than the interior, which is similar to OB. Didn't care for it a single bit. That among other other minor differences what made me pass on FE in favor of BL + BL.

Realistically though, and entirely IMO, with production delays due to various part shortages, I just don't see Ford expanding the interior selection. Would've been nice to have more interior trim choices, I agree. That's not likely to happen any time soon, especially considering the demand these vehicles are in.
I can tell you with certainty, Ford will dig out of the chip mess before any major changes happen. The sport had a good launch, hit a big bump, and they are slowly gaining traction. Issues with the full bronco helped you more than most realize.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
I was hoping for a different interior color scheme on the ā€˜22. We have an Alto Blue Badlands we picked up in May and the Ebony/ Roast interior looks great with the dark blue exterior. I donā€™t mind it, but I also donā€™t have an issue with brown leather. Honestly Iā€™m so sick of all-black car interiors I usually seek out any other option where I can. Yet my Expedition is all Ebony, so thereā€™s that. Weā€™re trying to order a ā€˜22 but dealer canā€™t get our order for the ā€˜22 Sport to go through due to the moon roof. Not a huge issue, weā€™re fine holding off a bit since weā€™d like to see what the Bronze Smoke color looks like.

I think the Roast/ Ebony combo looks much better in person than what most pictures show. It pairs really well with the darker exterior colors, IMO. But I do wish they had a different option to choose from.