2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really?

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Happy the 2022 Badlands without premium package now has standard leather steering wheel.

While like the premium seats did not care for the door trim or the dash trim colors to be involved in that color decision. Not terrible,
But at least two options one more neutral color would have been nice.
Sponsored

bryna191

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Just my .02...

Not happy with Ford's decision to funnel everyone into the "brown" interior package... wanted to order one but now not too sure. Playing around with the design and build program... want a 4WD with the 2.0 (towing a teardrop camper, bikes, kayaks, etc) in Cactus Gray or Area 51. Our eye can't "see" a light gray exterior with the brown interior, not appealing to us... not sure what we will do.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I think the light colored interior headliner and pillars is far worse. Why have a dark interior with rubber floors and then do the Volvo grey/white above it all. And yeah probs would’ve saved Ford money just to offer black on black. I’m waiting on my BL with the black and doodoo seats. I think it’s far better than the other options available, but still odd color choice’s. But I also have red leather with black inserts in my RDX I’m trading in.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
To each their own, but I am absolutely in love with the Ebony/Roast interior. After I placed my order for my BL with premium package, my dealer called me in a few days later to check out an OB with premium they had on the show floor so I could get a feel for the interior. The tan looks absolutely phenomenal and I think it will pair well with my Velocity Blue exterior. It'll also be my first "premium" vehicle with leather seats instead of cloth, and I'd way rather have the unique look of the two-tone than just a flat black. Every vehicle under the sun is black nowadays and the brown really sets the Sport apart.
They always say ladies have an eye for color. I'm telling you, a lot of folks will admire these seats. They really add to the whole "built wild" motif Ford has going on.

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
The horrid color of the badlands premium stuff is one two reason I didn't order a 2021 with the badlands package in march, the other being a leaky sunroof. They always leak no matter what brand of car it is.

Imo the only good interior is the ebony active orange which is what I have on order on my 22. I think they force that brown color on premium package because they are trying to make it seem worthwhile for its price. Also somewhat hard to find an orange cow or other leather bearing four footer to skin.
This is an old post, but I wanted to chime in on the leaky sunroof comment. It's not true that they all leak. My sunroof never leaked and I had the car for 9 years.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
FWIW, the lighter headliner is a very good thing in SE Texas...

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
This is an old post, but I wanted to chime in on the leaky sunroof comment. It's not true that they all leak. My sunroof never leaked and I had the car for 9 years.
I have had multiple vehicles with a sunroof in the last 20 years and never had a problem with leaking sunroofs. That being said, I ordered without a sunroof because I never use them and would have gotten some of my previous cars without a sunroof but I couldn't in the trim I was buying. I'm glad that Ford made it a separate option.
Sponsored