2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really?

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
I have the Ebony/Roast interior and really like it. I have received compliments on the interior by numerous people.
I'm with you I have and really like the Ebony/Roast interior and really get a lot of compliments, one of the things people seem to like the most, they love to feel the suede. Beats a monotone black interior.
Sponsored

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
We can agree with the OP…so close to ordering a BL, the singular hitch is the premium interior option. All but a few of the BL’s we’ve viewed have this option and it appears one can “warm” up to it…but agree with other posts and wonder who is making these decisions @ Dearborn? An all ebony interior in leather is a no brainer!
I love the ebony/roast interior.. I am sooooooooooooooo tired of the same black/silver that everyone has everywhere in all trims.

With that said I do know each to his own and no one should yukk anothers yum.

When I saw this interior I told the sales guy not to show me any other interior color, I instantly fell in love with it.

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really? kdIv8eqHINGRei?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The point of having the 2L is that it’s virtually a different vehicle. By going to the OB you also lose the suspension and 4 wheel drive capabilities. BL is a significantly more capable vehicle, and that’s not because of the engine size. And if those features aren’t important then maybe the BL isn’t worth it anyway. You’re paying for those things and if all you’re after is the larger engine there’s a lot of other vehicles out there that check that box.

For me, I need those off-road capabilities and would not even consider a lower model as it’s a poor use of my money. I don’t even really care about the engine size that much. I didnt order a Bronco Sport badlands because it’s a Ford, or because it’s a Bronco, or because I like the look. I ordered it because after doing significant homework, i realized it is the best vehicle to do all of the things I need a vehicle to do.

should Ford put the 2L in the other models? Yeah probably, I don’t really understand why they don’t. But when someone makes this choice solely based on the engine size they are kind of discounting the entire functional purpose of the badlands
True that. I ordered the BL because it is what I want and need otherwise I would have ordered something else. I got it for more than the 2.0. I like the two tone ebony interior. I have had black leather and tan leather cars. I like the mix up. To each his own … live and let live.

Last edited:

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Ford should have a Carbon Fiber trim option, which would be nice. No - not worth the extra expense and headaches to change the entire interior to eliminate the brown color. Easiest and most cost effective option is to drop down to OB. Only difference between the fully loaded OB and BL is the engine. I can get everything I want in the OB otherwise.
Now that would have been cool!

I must be one of the few that actually likes the roast. I think it looks nice with the area51. Looking forward to seeing mine in person eventually.

Johnny Mo

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati XDiavel, 23 Bronco Raptor
I feel ya, I have this times 2...my Bronco WildTrak and the hideous black and sandalwood and now this on my Sport BL. I toyed with the idea of having custom seats made up, an old high school friend has an upholstery and carriage works shop that he has carried on from his dad. Pricing was not bad vs the leather upgrade (convert from cloth to leather) BUT, then you lose all of the other features that come with premium on the BS and on the big bronco you lose power seats. I'm not the most fashionable person in the world...just give me jeans a and t-shirt and I'm good, but what is the damn fascination with all of the two-tone interiors??? Especially when the one they teased at launch was so incredible (the black and baseball glove big bronco) ...these just fall flat. Disappointed but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
I have the BL+BL in cyber orange with ebony roast interior. The only apperance thing I would change from the factory would be black wheels.
I really like the color combo.

PirateBrahm

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's kind of funny, but what pushed me into a Badlands over an OB was being able to combine premium features with cloth interior (not that I'm overlooking the 2.0L, twin clutch, et. al).

Ridn Dirty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSBL
I thought the brown and black looked somewhat odd in pictures, but after seeing it in person I have no issues with it. I now like my interior colors.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I thought the brown and black looked somewhat odd in pictures, but after seeing it in person I have no issues with it. I now like my interior colors.
I really like the ebony roast interior. If given a choice of black, tan or the ebony interior for leather choices, I would still do the ebony. I have tired of the single color leather from all my other cars.

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercury Mariner Premier
So we REALLY want the 2022 Badlands fully loaded with the Premium Package. However, the only interior option for the premium package is the 2-tone leather in ebony/roast. Why would Ford force everybody into that color scheme? Why not offer the Navy Pier color scheme or even just ebony?

We dislike the brown interior so much, we are forced into ordering the Outer Banks. So we are sacrificing the 2.0L engine for the 1.5L engine just to choose an interior color that is palatable.

So disappointing! Anybody have ideas how to get around this?
I did the same thing. I am not an off roader, just want a care I can drive through snow storms and feel safe in, and maybe pass a few people on the highway. I know I wanted the BL engine with the nicer suspension, but I hated the interior look (and if I am paying 35k+ for a crossover, there better be leather seats in it) I am so excited about the Navy Pier seats, but Ford could have probably squeezed another couple grand out of me if they were an option on the BL.

Reactions: Jrl

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I actually really like the BL + BL interior much better than the Navy or a black interior. To each their own, which is why Ford's choices are a real mystery. Why did they need to make 4 trim packages + First Edition? Why not offer the 2.0 in the OB as an option? They'd make a lot more people happy. The marketing is a little kooky, though GM is no better where all I see are Buick ads and no one buys a Buick in the US.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I think ebony interior looks great. But understand some have diff taste.
Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really? PXL_20211129_193855026
Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really? PXL_20211130_003427248

PapaHotel

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer 2019 Ecosport
So we REALLY want the 2022 Badlands fully loaded with the Premium Package. However, the only interior option for the premium package is the 2-tone leather in ebony/roast. Why would Ford force everybody into that color scheme? Why not offer the Navy Pier color scheme or even just ebony?

We dislike the brown interior so much, we are forced into ordering the Outer Banks. So we are sacrificing the 2.0L engine for the 1.5L engine just to choose an interior color that is palatable.

So disappointing! Anybody have ideas how to get around this?
I specifically ordered the BL Premium to GET the tan seat trims. But I agree, even though we can create a custom order, there are limitations. I couldn't get an Edge Titanium with the V6 (as an example.) or an Outer Banks with a 2.0-liter engine.

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands Hot Pepper Red
I just picked mine up yesterday and I was under the same impression before seeing it. It's really not that bad; however, if I was still worried after it was delivered, my plan was the neoprene seat covers able from Ford or find a local automotive fabric shop to dye the brown section of the seats, black.

All that being said the copper accents really help integrate the brown.
Sponsored

Last edited: