Waiting room

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
My reserved outer banks built on 8/10 shipped. Hopefully I'll have it begining of next month. The original one I reserved built in June is obviously still sitting. Glad I jumped on the new one.
Sponsored

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
It always baffles me when I see scenarios where the customer knows significantly more than the sales person just from doing some basic research. Like sheesh maybe we should be selling these things
the dealers really have zero added value. It’s an outdated model that needs to go away. Accentuated by them adding “market adjustments” just to take advantage of the current situation. I despise them and will gleefully watch them be replaced, just not soon enough.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
the dealers really have zero added value. It’s an outdated model that needs to go away. Accentuated by them adding “market adjustments” just to take advantage of the current situation. I despise them and will gleefully watch them be replaced, just not soon enough.
I feel the same way. I have issues with the way Tesla does some things, but their system for ordering/buying a vehicle is so much better. I hope eventually everyone moves to a similar system.

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
Latest Update:
02-08-2021: Ordered Area 51, Ebony/Brown, OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg.
05-10-2021: Scheduled Production date.
05-17-2021: Rescheduled Production date.
06-07-2021: Rescheduled Production date.
06-28-2021: Rescheduled Production date.
07-05-2021: Rescheduled Production date.
08-09-2021: Rescheduled Production date.

08-23-2021: Rescheduled Production date.
08-16-2021: Status changed from Scheduled to In Production! Window Sticker Generated.

Wish us luck! :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
Mine actually went into production one week after my estimated build date... but I'm stuck in production now, probably awaiting a part.
Mine sat in production for 2 and a half weeks (In production 7/26 - Built 8/12) before they got whatever part it was missing. Then it shipped quickly after that.

ebuskirk1128

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Yeah no kidding… I’ve been waiting since Feb 8th… My dealership states his delivery report shows my BL is supposed to show up this week. Of course there’s nothing to confirm this yet….

Still waiting.... No updates.... Nissan Pathfinder looks like the way to go now....

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1629294995822

MyKmYk

Badlands
First Name
Myke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 BMW M3 Coupe, '20 BMW M340i
New guy here... hello all.

I am also stuck in purgatory. Order date 1/22, in production since 6/18.... That date at the bottom of the window sticker changed at least 5 times, if not more. Seriously considering just cancelling and ordering a MY22 since I've waited this long...

BL+BL+360+Tow+moonroof+Cactus/Ebony
Officially cancelled my order with the dealer yesterday. As of this AM, the order still at "in production" status. Curious to see what MY22 and MY23 bring, as I know Ford is trying to save face with the Big Bronco re: hardtops.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-is-embarrassed-by-the-ford-bronco-hard-top-problem-1847485040

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
My wife says Ford does not deserve our business and she no longer wants to buy a Ford. She comes from a Ford family brought up and raised with Fords. Anyway, if you do order a '22 who knows maybe it would get built/shipped instead of sent to a yard to sit forever. For me I am out of market for vehicle until car shortage is over which will be be late '22 or later.
Thinking on it, I think she's just trying to soothe my pain and anger at Ford.

I don't see me going back to Ford any time soon without some big incentive, I'm not paying MSRP or over for sure. That may take a few years for the market to settle down. Otoh, I've really liked the Toyotas I've bought in the last couple of years and might just stick with Toyota.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Thinking on it, I think she's just trying to soothe my pain and anger at Ford.

I don't see me going back to Ford any time soon without some big incentive, I'm not paying MSRP or over for sure. That may take a few years for the market to settle down. Otoh, I've really liked the Toyotas I've bought in the last couple of years and might just stick with Toyota.
I think by 2023 Ford will have production line shaken out and the initial hype will settle down some. I am thinking '22 is still going to be rough. But wife says she does not want another Ford after this experience.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Still waiting.... No updates.... Nissan Pathfinder looks like the way to go now....

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1629294995822
Why would you expect any update until maybe the middle of October? You know what the status is and it won't change until they stop the Bronco Sport builds and have the chips allocated for the ones sitting in the desert.

sticks918

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL, Area 51
Why would you expect any update until maybe the middle of October? You know what the status is and it won't change until they stop the Bronco Sport builds and have the chips allocated for the ones sitting in the desert.
Because we deserve better from Ford other than radio silence. Especially when you have a lot of angry new customers who have been waiting patiently for months. Most of us are understanding of delays but months of no communication is not acceptable. What do you think the stories are going to be from the people on this forum when friends and family ask us "Should I buy a new Ford"?

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Because we deserve better from Ford other than radio silence. Especially when you have a lot of angry new customers who have been waiting patiently for months. Most of us are understanding of delays but months of no communication is not acceptable. What do you think the stories are going to be from the people on this forum when friends and family ask us "Should I buy a new Ford"?
Absolutely and also the whole process, some of us got built in June only to be moved into the Mexican desert to sit “waiting for a chip” while builds in July and August have been fully completed and shipped?! No explanation to us as to why, terrible service.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Out of curiosity. Has anyone had an order WITH MOONROOF, produced or completed recently? It sounds bizarre but I worry that they have built ZERO since March. Not a single one. If you have, please list your order date, etc. I’m a 3/13 order, OB+OB. Moonroof is a necessity for me. Current schedule 9/13.

MemUser

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Out of curiosity. Has anyone had an order WITH MOONROOF, produced or completed recently? It sounds bizarre but I worry that they have built ZERO since March. Not a single one. If you have, please list your order date, etc. I’m a 3/13 order, OB+OB. Moonroof is a necessity for me. Current schedule 9/13.
We are purchasing one that was a dealer order from Nov. It was built Aug 9th and has shipped. Its a BB +BB with moonroof.
Sponsored