vethawk

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey Scott, Sorry, I don't have a picture of what they did. The option was to weld it on or drill holes into the frame, I decided on the weld
Ok no problem....I appreciate even that info !!
Sponsored

pruchjo

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
There is a plug that pulls out. Then its pretty simple to run through the steering column.

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed 20210414_195829

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed 20210414_195810
This was very helpful! Thank you! But how did you get the wiring from the plug hole to the spot where the switch is mounted? I can't see anything or reach that hole from under the dash

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
For those that want to take a peek at the instructions.
I think this may answer my question but I am going to ask the hive mind something.

It looks like the bar attaches to the rad support (!) and the bumper rebar. While I love the look of the thing, I am concerned about how far into the vehicle it attaches. I would prefer to to "go deep" in the sense that it could be strong enough to be used as a tow point should things go badly. Looking at the way it is mounted, it appears that it might torque things best left untorqued. I may be completely wrong. It looks like a loop could be attached between the two attachment points below the light bar and used as a pull point (I have been watching Mike's Offroad Recovery too much - so wish we had something like the USA national forest network in Canada. As far as I know, we don't. The only way you can get deep into our parks is on foot or canoe - unless you are a logging company of course... Southern Ontario is so built up that it takes some serious looking to find anything work playing with - there is almost no point to a Jeep Wrangler or Bronco here).

That could be fine as long as it was possible to get a proper tow hook mounted. Might have to wait and see what ARB comes up with for bumpers, if anything :)

On the other hand, I am not sure how much it matters as I am not sure how deep down the rabbit hole I want to go! Knowing me, it will be about two twists too far (You should see my bicycle and note when I bought it - frame up builds from 3T are not cheap but were the only option then!)

On a different note entirely, I think I know how I would mount the lights and switch gear. My vehicle has a sunroof, and if I could get a panel like this wired into the recess before the roof window, that would be good. Or, to make it easier, mount it instead of the sunglasses holder which I do not need. I do not care about the USB charger, but it might be nice to power a GoPro or something. https://oz-usa.com/switches/. In the dark ages when cars were cars and, oh never mind, my parents used to rally. The way they did lights was very similar to the OP in this thread. I would aim the middle two (one switch as per the OP) straight ahead, and the right light off to the left and the left light off to the right (one switch as per the OP) to aim into corners.

I actually think I may set this up just to hold the lights! There is a very cool bling factor which appeals to me :)

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
fordrangerlifts.com
I like the look of that one as it can be had custom with what you want. Looks like the tow hooks are gone, but you can have recovery points added to the bar rendering the point moot. Much more spendy, but perhaps nicer and with fewer compromises?

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Hi Guys,

Here is my First Edition Bronco Sport with the Rough Country Nudge Bar Installed. I am not mechanically inclined so I had a shop close by to me that was an Authorized Rough Country Dealer install it. FYI, the instructions are a little off for the first edition. The mechanic had to weld a piece to my frame once he took the bumper off in order to keep it sturdy. Also, my Front Toe Hooks had to be removed unfortunately.
Does anybody know if they are coming out with something for the back bumper?

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed Bronco_4

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed Bronco_3

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed Bronco_2

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed Bronco_1
What was the cost at a dealer to do it?

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I use the camera as a trail camera. The angle is perfect to see obstacles on trails in front of the car since the hood is so large
Do you have a link to the camera you bought? And how did you install it? Did you wire the camera to play video through the touchscreen, or are you using another monitor/screen?

spencerj455

Big Bend
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How did you move the license plate? or do you not need a front one?

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Just added mine with a mount for a front license plate and front camera in an outer banks
Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed PXL_20210817_135729546~2
I am going to be installing the Nudge bar on my wife's BS & was wondering if you have a link to the license plate bracket you used to relocate the plate to the bar.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I thought for sure it would mess up the copilot and all of the sensors in the front but to my surprise i still have all of it available with no quirks at all.

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed AAFD94D1-B392-40FC-B1CA-40817DDA7E06

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed 1A0F5EFC-75F4-435C-980B-D26BABAE59F6
That's awesome to hear that it doesn't mess with the CoPilot 360+. RC mentions their disclaimer when I call them that it "might" interfere. I was trying to find a way to slide the lights to the left and right to leave more room in the middle for the big sensor in the grill. Other than a new weld, I guess there isn't.

Mikemejias

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael Mejias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Rough Country nudge bar installed! Install took a few hours and most of it was getting the whole bumper off. It was easy to wire through the door and the switches were mounted right under the headlight control. Installing the bar was as easy as bolting the bracket onto the chassis. Like i said the majority of the time was getting everything off of the bumper and finding hidden screws that kept the front fascia on. Overall it was relatively easy just took a while to get everything off but with the proper tools it should take around three hours. I provided a before and after photo aswell and a picture of the lights on in the dirt. Feel free to drop any questions.

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed E19F7D17-0504-4314-BEBE-51539AF2FB63

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed 150D0EFC-AAD6-4331-8671-047C9D2916CF

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country nudge bar installed E3361C8F-1A75-4396-BF87-D553DDA1BE7D
This is a beautiful look. I have a OBX. I'm wondering if the nudge bar can be used as a recovery point since this trim doesn't have hooks. Anyone have any guesses?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
This is a beautiful look. I have a OBX. I'm wondering if the nudge bar can be used as a recovery point since this trim doesn't have hooks. Anyone have any guesses?
It would depend on how far you sent it in! I doubt any recovery firm would use it. More than likely they would wrap a soft shackle around the lower control arm.
Sponsored