North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I may buy the Bronco Sport Badlands for my wife as her daily driver. Seeing the Bronco Sport Trail Rig Prototype with the 1" lift and BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 tires gives it a nice look. However, one thing to note about these tires is they are a Load Range E, that means they have stiff sidewalls and are heavy which will make them a poor choice for on road manners and ride quality, further, the heavy weight will contribute to poor mpg and performance.

I wanted to see what A/T - All Terrain, tire alternatives were available that would provide better on-road daily driver comfort, no/low noise and aggressive off-road capabilities.

My go to tire website for tire information is tiresize.com: Tire Size: 245/70R17
(Use the filter function to select Tire Type: "All Terrain" and then Load Rating: "SL" & "XL")

Badlands Tire Sizes
Standard Badlands 28.5-inch 225/65R17 Pirelli Scorpion A/T
Optional Badlands 29-inch 235/65R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T
1" Lift - Badlands - 31-inch 245/70R17

Bronco Sport Trail Rig Prototype with 1" Lift and 245/70R17 Tires
Prototype Tire - Load Range E - BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 - 56 lbs

Alternative A/T - All Terrain Tires

Load Range: SL
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 - 36 lbs
Firestone Destination A/T2 - 34 lbs
Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus - 35 lbs
General Grabber AT 2 - 38.3 lbs
Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 - 36.4 lbs
Toyo Open Country A/T III - 37 lbs
Nitto Terra Grappler - 37 lbs

Load Range: XL
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W - 39.9 lbs

Another good reference (Sort by your criteria, Comfort, Off-Road, etc.):
Tirerack Customer Tire Reviews - A/T 245/70R17

After reviewing all of these my first choice would be either the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 or Firestone Destination A/T2.

Are you thinking about doing the 1" lift on your Bronco Sport? What tires do you want to run?

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Options for Bronco Sport with 1" Lift 1-ford-bronco-sport-badlands-trail-rig-concept-

Updated 8/22/2020 - Corrected Tire size from 265/65R17 to 245/70R17
Sponsored

Last edited:

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
following closely. I know nothing about tires but do plan on doing the 1" lift. Thanks for all the information in your original post!

Hawk

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
I may buy the Bronco Sport Badlands for my wife as her daily driver. Seeing the Bronco Sport Prototype with the 1" lift and BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 tires gives it a nice look. However, one thing to note about these tires is they are a Load Range E, that means they have stiff sidewalls and are heavy which will make them a poor choice for on road manners and ride quality, further, the heavy weight will contribute to poor mpg and performance.

I wanted to see what A/T - All Terrain, tire alternatives were available that would provide better on-road daily driver comfort, no/low noise and aggressive off-road capabilities.

My go to tire website for tire information is tiresize.com. I selected the 31" tire size used on the lifted Bronco Sport and found the BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 was a 265/65R17 size tire. Next I looked at what A/T options were listed for this tire size
https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/31-inch-tires/
(Use the filter function to select Tire Type: "All Terrain" and then Wheel Size: "17" Wheel".)

Bronco Sport Prototype with 1" Lift and 265/65R17 Tires
Prototype Tire - Load Range E - BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 - 56 lbs

Alternative A/T - All Terrain Tires

Load Range: SL
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 - 38 lbs
General Grabber AT 2 - 39.4 lbs
Firestone Destination A/T2 - 36 lbs
Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 - 37.7 lbs

Load Range: XL
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W - 42.3 lbs
Toyo Open Country A/T III - 39 lbs
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 - 37.9 lbs
Nitto Ridge Grappler - 40.2 lbs

After reviewing all of these my first choice would be either the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 or Firestone Destination A/T2.

Are you thinking about doing the 1" lift on your Bronco Sport? What tires do you want to run?

1-ford-bronco-sport-badlands-trail-rig-concept-jpg.jpg
I mentioned this in another post, but I have Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires on my 4Runner right now and really like them. I'm not much of an offroader, but these tires behave very well on the highway and in torrential rain. Plus, I think they look cool. :)
Ford Bronco Sport Tire Options for Bronco Sport with 1" Lift IMG_6502

jimw

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lifted Escalade 2017 STI 2018 Lifted Impreza(wife's)
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W or Toyo Open County A/T III

I have Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT on my truck and like them but they are on the heavier side compared to the above tires. Although you can get the Cooper's in 275/65/17 .

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I have 32" Pro Comp A/T on my Ranger. Great tire for day to day driving and rough front country driving. It helps to have a family member managing the local 4WheelParts store. Typically have great deals on quality products.

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
I have 32" Pro Comp A/T on my Ranger. Great tire for day to day driving and rough front country driving. It helps to have a family member managing the local 4WheelParts store. Typically have great deals on quality products.
At the Austin store or San Antonio? I plan on visiting the Austin store when the time comes.

jimw

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lifted Escalade 2017 STI 2018 Lifted Impreza(wife's)
The Cyber Orange with the lift has 245/70r17 on it but the 265/65r17 is wider.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
The Cyber Orange with the lift has 245/70r17 on it but the 265/65r17 is wider.
Thank you, you beat me to it, I saw the new pictures today where you could read the 245/70R17, I'm working on an update to my first post.

Here is a closeup of the photo I saw it in:
Ford Bronco Sport Tire Options for Bronco Sport with 1" Lift 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Tire LT245-70R17 - closeu

OP
OP
North7

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I have updated my first post with the correct tire size Ford used on the Bronco Sport Trail Rig with 1" lift, it is a 245/70R17 not a 265/65R17 size tire.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
I have Falken Wildpeaks on both my Expy's. One with 33s and E load which I love on and off road.

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
When everyone says 1”-2” lift, are talking about a body lift or suspension lift? I’m assuming suspension since this is not on a truck platform.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
When everyone says 1”-2” lift, are talking about a body lift or suspension lift? I’m assuming suspension since this is not on a truck platform.
Correct, suspension

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
So here's a question...

Assuming you get the lift and the 31's... will a spare of that size still fit inside? Maybe @Granger Ford might know..
Sponsored