Tire Options for Bronco Sport with 1" Lift

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
The main benefit to an off-road vehicle is when you have a lift it gives you additional ground clearance to help avoid and drive over obstacles. The second reason is simply to give a lifted vehicle a more rugged appearance.

The only way I would do this if in fact Ford carries through and takes these teaser show vehicle options to production, if they do, and you select it, it may be a factory install or it maybe a dealer installed option. If it is one of those your factory warranty stays intact. If you go aftermarket, there is a chance Ford could deny a warranty claim if you need something repaired that they say was damaged by the lift. For example, your axle CV joints will be running at greater angle then original, this could put additional wear on them. By going with the factory lift, you would know the Ford engineers designed the lift to stay within the original design limits of the axle CV joints.

In this photo, starting from the right, the red and cyber orange Bronco Sports have the 1" lift. The third one in, Area 51 (bluish) is stock, without the lift.

bronco_day_07-jpg-jpg.jpg
Good points. The other gain, depending on the vehicle, is allowing for slightly larger tires, and/or increased wheel travel room.

Beach_Bum

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
The adventure smuggler concept might
It certainly would be more realistic than Ford strapping rods over the hood. Any shore fisherman will tell you that they would never carry their rods in such a manner where the tips can be broke. The old tried and true in pvc holders on the bumper will continue instead of Ford's concept.

Designermama

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
The main benefit to an off-road vehicle is when you have a lift it gives you additional ground clearance to help avoid and drive over obstacles. The second reason is simply to give a lifted vehicle a more rugged appearance.

The only way I would do this if in fact Ford carries through and takes these teaser show vehicle options to production, if they do, and you select it, it may be a factory install or it maybe a dealer installed option. If it is one of those your factory warranty stays intact. If you go aftermarket, there is a chance Ford could deny a warranty claim if you need something repaired that they say was damaged by the lift. For example, your axle CV joints will be running at greater angle then original, this could put additional wear on them. By going with the factory lift, you would know the Ford engineers designed the lift to stay within the original design limits of the axle CV joints.

In this photo, starting from the right, the red and cyber orange Bronco Sports have the 1" lift. The third one in, Area 51 (bluish) is stock, without the lift.

bronco_day_07-jpg-jpg.jpg
Ah thanks - it's probably my amateur eye to SUV type things, but I don't see a huge difference - then again we are only talking about 1". Being 5'1", I probably don't want to lift mine up any farther than necessary ><

Tdubz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ah thanks - it's probably my amateur eye to SUV type things, but I don't see a huge difference - then again we are only talking about 1". Being 5'1", I probably don't want to lift mine up any farther than necessary ><
It’s hard to tell the difference due to the angle of the pic, but you’d be able to see it if you saw them in person.