sorlzy

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
The salesman already called back to inform me the price went up. I informed him it is automatically price protected from Ford, that it is not a rebate, and that I would be bringing the documentation. Hopefully I don't have to rage monkey my way through the process.
All the orders that have had the price increases are coming in and neither the dealers or Ford really know how to handle it. I bet everyone with a pre-April order will have issues (at the less than stellar dealers) until Ford cracks down or enough people get pissed.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
All the orders that have had the price increases are coming in and neither the dealers or Ford really know how to handle it. I bet everyone with a pre-April order will have issues (at the less than stellar dealers) until Ford cracks down or enough people get pissed.
I'm anticipating a fight and regret giving up my CPL. That's the wrong attitude to have, but every salesman's email has "Quick. Transparent. Less Complicated." in the signature, and I plan to hold them to it. If the salesman balks at all I'm just demanding the sales manager. If he balks I demand he gets the district rep on the phone immediately. If he refuses I have a very loud speakerphone conversation with Ford CS (already programed into my phone) in the middle of their showroom. I'm hoping I've worn them down already. Dealerships are accustomed to having an information advantage. @fordvideoguy and the internet have helped level the playing field a little.

sorlzy

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Price Protection is not a rebate. It’s not an incentive.

Ford makes the Dealership whole by adjusting their monthly parts invoice. If you buy a car at $38k that is now $41k MSRP, and your vehicle meets the eligibility requirements for Price Protection, then Ford will give that Dealer the money via adjustment to their monthly parts invoice. That $38k to $41k MSRP change and price protection will reflect as a adjusted invoice to the Dealership from Ford.

Ford will sell them $100k in goods for $97k, as an example, to make them whole on the $3k difference in MSRP.

There is no “check” specific to your car coming in from Ford. This is a lie. It’s an adjustment on their statement from Ford and will be combined with all the other order adjustments, credits, warranty claims, etc.

It’s a big red flag if they tell you to pay current MSRP and that they plan on handing you a check from Ford. That isn’t how it works and don’t take that deal. Make them front the difference and be made whole by Ford later. This is what Ford Motor Company wants Dealers to do.

Some Dealerships may be somewhat honorable and cut you a check for the difference 45 days later but you will have paid more in sales tax and car registration as a result. If they’re less honorable you will never see that money.

sorlzy

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm anticipating a fight and regret giving up my CPL. That's the wrong attitude to have, but every salesman's email has "Quick. Transparent. Less Complicated." in the signature, and I plan to hold them to it. If the salesman balks at all I'm just demanding the sales manager. If he balks I demand he gets the district rep on the phone immediately. If he refuses I have a very loud speakerphone conversation with Ford CS (already programed into my phone) in the middle of their showroom. I'm hoping I've worn them down already. Dealerships are accustomed to having an information advantage. @fordvideoguy and the internet have helped level the playing field a little.
Wait until they tell you that they already spoke to the rep who confirmed everything they were doing was correct…

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is how they fulfill the automatic price protection.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Ford_PriceProtection

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Screenshot_20220504-122821_Drive
Thank, Tim. On the chat tonight I lamented the 12 days in the railyard, but apparently it was the last day! Pick up tomorrow.

klawrence27

Big Bend
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Chevelle, 2016 Chevrolet SS Sedan
My Bronco Sport made it to the IL interchange about 24 hrs early this morning.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled
They’re scheduled to be shut down that week and the next according to Bronco Nation. I’m scheduled for 6/27 (originally 5/30, 6/6, 6/13, then 6/20). Did not get a dreaded Wednesday morning email, so hoping 6/27 holds. No window sticker yet, but the mod site says it has my info. Keeping my fingers crossed. If it isn’t next week, it won’t be until the end of July with the shutdown.
What do you mean by mod site?

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank, Tim. On the chat tonight I lamented the 12 days in the railyard, but apparently it was the last day! Pick up tomorrow.
Pick up from where?

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last update I could understand from the automated phone system was my BS BB departed Marshall Junction, MO. It departed another location that sounded like "Thornville" MO after, but I cannot find it on the map. It's still on time to arrive 6/25 at approx 3AM for the St Louis, IL interchange. I'm hoping since my rail drop off location is the plant they make the big Bronco's trucking won't be a nightmare like for some...but, not holding my breath. I have a good feeling I will get it before Ford given 7/20-7/26 ETA.
Let me look those two places up for you after I finish reading all the updates

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husband’s F-150