Your Bronco Sport has been put into Deep Sleep mode

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've had my Bronco Sport for over 2-1/2 years now.

Twice in that period of time I've gone away for 15 days and each time I get a message that the Bronco is going in deep sleep mode and I have no problem with it doing that.

When I come back it starts right up, but initially I get a message to turn the ignition off or start the engine, which is also no big deal to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yes .. it is needed …

Battery Sensor Reset (Battery Management System (BMS) Reset):
When you install a new battery, reset the battery sensor by doing the following:
1. Switch ignition on, and leave the engine off.
Note: Complete Steps 2 & 3 within 10 seconds.
2. Flash the high beam headlamps five times, ending with the high beams off.
3. Press and release the brake pedal 3 times.
The battery warning lamp flashes 3 times to confirm that the reset is successful.

Ford BMS Battery Monitoring System: How it Works and How to Properly Charge Your Battery!
Put your pointer finger on your forehead over your left eye, and say ARRRRRR, ARRRRRR, ARRRRRR - Thar she blows. Count to 37 in exactly 37 seconds, and then lock and unlock your doors once.
Note: Do not lock them a second time or you will have to wait 24 hours before trying again.

OP
OP

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yes .. it is needed …

Battery Sensor Reset (Battery Management System (BMS) Reset):
When you install a new battery, reset the battery sensor by doing the following:
1. Switch ignition on, and leave the engine off.
Note: Complete Steps 2 & 3 within 10 seconds.
2. Flash the high beam headlamps five times, ending with the high beams off.
3. Press and release the brake pedal 3 times.
The battery warning lamp flashes 3 times to confirm that the reset is successful.

Ford BMS Battery Monitoring System: How it Works and How to Properly Charge Your Battery!
WOW ! ! ! Well - I did have a comment that decided to disappear just before I posted it, so I guess I'll just condense it and say. It's been fifty years since I charged a battery with the negative clamp directly on the battery post. I've been driving for almost sixty years, and I did that once in my Uncle's gas station, and was told in very strong language not to ever do that again.
What century is this guy from that says "We were all taught to charge batteries that way"

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
WOW ! ! ! Well - I did have a comment that decided to disappear just before I posted it, so I guess I'll just condense it and say. It's been fifty years since I charged a battery with the negative clamp directly on the battery post. I've been driving for almost sixty years, and I did that once in my Uncle's gas station, and was told in very strong language not to ever do that again.
What century is this guy from that says "We were all taught to charge batteries that way"
True but in addition to the reasons from 50 yr ago the new cars have current sensors so have to be on the proper side of that

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I hate that stop/start and turn it off when I start the BS up. Something I've done on every vehicle I had with that stupid thing.
Same! I hardly use the Start/Stop feature as it does not seem to save much fuel at all from what I can tell.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Same! I hardly use the Start/Stop feature as it does not seem to save much fuel at all from what I can tell.
There's a gadget you can hook up to eliminate the start/stop but I don't want to start taking the console apart and maybe cause a rattle or even go through the hassle. Then there's the possible warranty issue..

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
The Auto Start/Stop eliminator I have (Autostop Eliminator for the 2021-2023 Ford Bronco Sport ) simply plugs in line with the OBD2 port connector. Nothing to really disassemble. The port functions normally and the BS simply thinks the button has been pushed on every startup. Even though it seems like an expensive item at $99 (for what it is), it's my favorite thing so far. Cheers!

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Sleep mode is designed to conserve battery power on your vehicle. This setting is activated when your vehicle falls under the following conditions:

• Vehicle inactivity for 14 consecutive days
  • The battery voltage drops below 9.5 volts
  • Extremely cold/hot weather conditions
How to Turn Off Deep Sleep Mode
To turn off Deep Sleep Mode, turn on your vehicle manually using the push-button start or your key. It may take 20-30 seconds for your modem to reconnect with the FordPass®* App.

Note: If you are unable to start your vehicle, contact Roadside Assistance**.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/fordpass/troubleshooting/why-does-my-ford-vehicle-enter-deep-sleep-mode/#:~:text=Deep Sleep mode is designed,voltage drops below 9.5 volts

Wazzat

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
We have owned/own a 2017 Escape, 2018 Escape, 2022 Sport, and a 2023 Sport, all with Auto/Start Stop. I only drive 3 miles to work, wife works from home. AGM batteries LOVE to stay charged, and from what I have learned, while the battery may start the car just fine in the morning, it needs to be at a 70% charge rate for the feature to work. If your car Auto shuts off at a stop light and doesn’t restart when your foot comes off the brake pedal, you would not be happy. At 70% charge it thinks it may not be able to restart, and turns the feature off. My 2 cents, drive these sweet rides and keep the battery charged!

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Auto Start/Stop eliminator I have (Autostop Eliminator for the 2021-2023 Ford Bronco Sport ) simply plugs in line with the OBD2 port connector. Nothing to really disassemble. The port functions normally and the BS simply thinks the button has been pushed on every startup. Even though it seems like an expensive item at $99 (for what it is), it's my favorite thing so far. Cheers!
I use the same thing, and it works flawlessly, I just had difficulty installing due to the porkchops I have for hands 😂

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
There's a gadget you can hook up to eliminate the start/stop but I don't want to start taking the console apart and maybe cause a rattle or even go through the hassle. Then there's the possible warranty issue..
The "gadget" to disable start/stop for the bronco sport takes less that 5 minutes to install. It connects in series with the OBD-II plug under the dash, and not in the console.

Google it. There are several vids that show how easy it is to install on a Bronco Sport.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Ridgeline install was at the console but nice to read Ford's install is quick and easy . I don't mind just using the button. Though, I wonder if that gadget will somehow help with some of the battery issues.

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
My Ridgeline install was at the console but nice to read Ford's install is quick and easy . I don't mind just using the button. Though, I wonder if that gadget will somehow help with some of the battery issues.
The wiring loom to disable the auto stop/start feature has a memory chip that remembers the last setting you did for that feature, so no, it won't help with the battery per say....unless maybe if you do lots (and lots) of stop go type traffic, then maybe because the starter has to be engaged to restart the engine?

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wiring loom to disable the auto stop/start feature has a memory chip that remembers the last setting you did for that feature, so no, it won't help with the battery per say....unless maybe if you do lots (and lots) of stop go type traffic, then maybe because the starter has to be engaged to restart the engine?
Interesting.
I think I'll just keep using the button. I'd rather not plug anything to the OBD-II plug.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl