Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I got a Big bend with 18” wheels . I got my first busted tire already at 615miles /13days after delivery . ( my luck I get nails and screws in my tires all the time ). and Of course I forgot to put my plug kit into the car .

I went to jack it up with a 6ton 13” bottle jack it was not enough . The wheel drops a good 6”+ I had to put a 2” block of wood . The jack at max capacity with the wood gave my a 1/4inch clearance to remove the tire. The factory jack also looks like it might not be enough if you have larger tires.
Sponsored

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Sorry for your luck but thanks for the info.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Back in my 4x4 days if we lifted a truck 2" or 4" with taller tires or suspension lifts we'd screw together 2x8's, about 1-2 foot long, double stacked or triple. This also gave us better footing for the jack in the Florida sugar sand.
If punctures were that common in my commute I'd pick a different route and/or look into 10 ply truck tires.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
For those of you who already have a BS and especially a BL, do you have ideas where are the points for jacking up the vehicle, especially using a high lift jack. Dreaming still...
Sorry... I see it on page 317 of the owner's manual PDF. right by the tires. (Being a man, I forget to read the manual...)

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
You see when you have a manual or a map you don’t need to ask for directions or how something works. You have 80% of the knowledge already in your brain and the remaining info in the manual/map. It’s ok if you ask for help/directions, but we all know that effectively expires your man card and you’ll need to get it renewed.
What about Google,, err as you were, Skynet ? I ask Skynet and as far as I know It does not tell anyone, :D

nategannam

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Any suggestions for a better jack? I had the same issue because of my 2" lift, and I want something that fits in the spare cargo area

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Manuals are overrated, LOL. Men don't read manuals or ask for directions from strangers.
We always know where we are or how something works.
You don't have to ask for directions anymore either. The Sync Navigation System, Waze, or your wife will tell you where to go (just might not be where you WANT to go). :crackup:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
refusing to read a manual filled with facts but will read pages of forum opinions, hmmmm.
As a technical writer in a previous life I feel this. When people asked me what I did for a living I'd tell them I was a writer. They'd usually say, "Really? Anything I might have read?" I'd have to say, "No, I write stuff no one ever reads..." ☹

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
As a technical writer in a previous life I feel this. When people asked me what I did for a living I'd tell them I was a writer. They'd usually say, "Really? Anything I might have read?" I'd have to say, "No, I write stuff no one ever reads..." ☹
Yup, I feel ya... Was published in 90's with programs nobody uses. ? well maybe not all of them were useless some got used for years
Sponsored