Yakima Timberline Cross Bars

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
Just picked up by BS OB. They had some Yakima Timberlines on it and took them as they discounted the price some. As indicated in other threads, wind noise is prevalent. Since I do not need them now but would like to keep them on, would moving them together or more forward or more back help any? Any suggestions would help. These do have the rounded edges facing the front and appear to be on nice and tight.
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Timberline Cross Bars OB

Thanks
Sponsored

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I posted on the same issue. I removed mine, but will do some testing to see what helps.

Possibilities: cutting them so that the don't protrude so far. The Yakima fairing.
I understand thay are better when loaded; they aren't something that I want to put on and off.

You might see if dealer can provide the instructions.

OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Looks like all the material was in the glove box. I was looking to put the Yakima pad covers on the cross rails. That might help too.

Rojo13

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, GMC Acadia
Added mine last night. I installed the 50" inch and really like the reduced hang. Have not driven much at speed to see what wind noise I have but will report back.

OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Added mine last night. I installed the 50" inch and really like the reduced hang. Have not driven much at speed to see what wind noise I have but will report back.
50" pad covers? If so, where did you get that size?

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Does anyone happen to know the length of the Yakima crossbars offered on the Ford accessories website (link)? I know there are multiple sizes offered on Yakima's website. But, the Ford accessories website doesn't list the link anywhere.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Does anyone happen to know the length of the Yakima crossbars offered on the Ford accessories website (link)? I know there are multiple sizes offered on Yakima's website. But, the Ford accessories website doesn't list the link anywhere.
All crossbars make noise.
Pretty sure the Yakima crossbars from Ford bolt into the top of the rails in two pre determined locations. There are no adjustments for width or towers that can be moved forward or back. The also stick up further. I will be transferring my Yakima Timberline rack and round 66" crossbars from my Escape. The Timberline rack is stronger.

Davenorton

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BadLands/Badlands trim Black over rapid red.
I am looking to have a wide enough array to allow for two sets of kayak hooks, installed as far outboard as possible, and still have enough space for a center mounted narrow basket rack. And if I get my rainbow striped unicorn ?, enough room on the edge for an awning attachment.

We can't do a roof tent, but one that sets on the ground and has a side extension that wraps around the back with the gate up will suit us fine.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
I would guess sliding them aft would help with noise, but there’s a wrinkle. The rails are not parallel, so you would have to adjust the towers on the front crossbar.

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I would guess sliding them aft would help with noise, but there’s a wrinkle. The rails are not parallel, so you would have to adjust the towers on the front crossbar.
I am experimenting! I put them in close to where they had been . They whistled on the highway - but it was bearable. I slid them back about 4 inches and now they whistle on local roads. I just found Yakima's Install info:

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Timberline Cross Bars Yakima Timberline Install

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am experimenting! I put them in close to where they had been . They whistled on the highway - but it was bearable. I slid them back about 4 inches and now they whistle on local roads. I just found Yakima's Install info:

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Timberline Cross Bars Yakima Timberline Install
I have thule bars and cannot hear any whistling on the highway even with the window down. Maybe it's just in a tune I cannot hear. I installed on the notches but moved them to fit the yakima loadwarrior w/ extension.

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have thule bars and cannot hear any whistling on the highway even with the window down. Maybe it's just in a tune I cannot hear. I installed on the notches but moved them to fit the yakima loadwarrior w/ extension.
Can you post a pic? thanks!

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks. I imagine that your basket affects the noise.
Sponsored