Would you choose Bronco 4 doors or Bronco sport?

Rickycardo

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Thor Hurricane RV
I'm balancing this decision and it may be based on one thing. I love the Bronco Sport and the BL+BL package suits me perfect. The only way I would move up to the big Bronco is if I find I can't tow the BL model behind the motorhome. My next ride will be towable and it won't be a Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kissmetoomuch

First Edition
First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hi everyone!
I know some people find it easy to spend $40,000 for a car.
for me $40,000 is big commitment on finance. Especially my job is unstable during this time.
My family keep saying ford is not reliable. And depreciated fast. I never have a ford car. Only have Honda
From next week I have to drive every day about 2hours to work and 2 hours back from San Diego.
really like Bronco but don’t want to throw hard earned money away though the depreciation. :(
Should I buy it and learn a lesson?
thank you

thank you

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Better yet, buy one...and another one for me. :)

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
My family keep saying ford is not reliable. And depreciated fast.
The truth is these days most vehicles are reliable up unto about 100k miles, and that's where all the big maintenance kicks in.

Depreciation depends on demand. Trucks and truckish SUVs generally hold their value more these days. But, with a new vehicle, you never know until 5 or 6 years later.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
My family keep saying ford is not reliable. And depreciated fast. I never have a ford car. Only have Honda
While there is no doubt that public perception keep Honda and Toyota resale value ahead of the pack, my personal experience with the vehicles I've owned is less recalls and less repairs on the Fords. And certainly more durable paint on my Fords (and Chevys) vs. the other two brands.
That said, most modern vehicles from major manufacturers are very reliable.

And I am old enough to have driven over a million miles.

jntaylor1701

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
The choice s killing me. From what I have seen and read the Sport is very tempting over full sized. I can get a loaded Badlands for a few K over base or mid bronco. I know that I will never go hard core off road and what little I do the sport is best fit.

But.... I still want the roof off experience. Moon roofs dont cut it.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Preliminary pricing for 2/4 door posted over at bronco6g forum and a lot of folks are seeing prices with options start to skyrocket. I’ll stick with the Sport.

hawkonthego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I really like the looks of the 2 door/ 4 door but going with the Sport because it will fit my lifestyle better.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
From next week I have to drive every day about 2hours to work and 2 hours back from San Diego.
Yikes. The 405/22/55 and the 5 down to San Diego. Yikes. You really don't want a big Bronco sucking down the gas driving in that.

The real question is do you need 4WD? If not, the OuterBanks Sport would be a great choice for you, save some money and get something comfortable for traffic slogs like the 405/5.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Of all of my vehicles (previous and current), my old Escape (5-speed manual), was the best balance of utility, fun, and practicality. The Sport was my hope to replace that. Unfortunately, the lack of a manual transmission may force me into the real Bronco. I say "real" because a Bronco should be available with a manual transmission. The fact that the regular Bronco does supports my point.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Those are fighting words. Jk you can call it whatever you like. I’ll choose the “fake” bronco over the mid sized bronco easily.
I get where you are coming from.. because in the future when self driving cars become more popular, I’m going to be pissed if I don’t have an option to drive my own car.
I was just kidding too. I know manuals are are a dying breed and I should be thankful that the Bronco (real, mid-size) will have that option. The Sport (real, baby-sized) would have been an ideal vehicle for me, I mean perfect. However, I will learn to adjust for the manual. It may be my last vehicle, so I shouldn't change now. I bought the CX-5 and Colorado as both were the last years that either vehicle offered a manual.

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
IMHO, the four door Bronco is starting to look kinda odd whereas the four door Bronco Sport I can see myself owning.

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Sure, my wife's 2000 Honda Odyssey was reliable, after each one of the four transmissions it went through :curse:

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Agreeing with North7 -- our family had (at one time) a VW Jetta (Wifey) and my Jeep JK Wrangler and then daughter's Honda Civic...by far, the 2009 Civic had the most issues (mechanically and cosmetically) and daughter traded it in for an SUV

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
My wife and I were talking about the Rebelle Rally and about the differences in attitudes about Bronco and Bronco Sport, "The Sport is about getting to the adventure; the Bronco is the adventure."

She had a good line, "It's like the difference between snowboarding and cross-country skiing. Snowboarders love the thrill; cross-country is still out there but lets you look around."

I'm ok with that.
Sponsored