Wish there was manual shifting

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Right, it’s now the reverse i guess making mechanical parts last longer is more expensive now…eg like analog film vs digital
I have also been told...those same dreaded chips allow a motor to shift more efficiently than any human ever...now for those who enjoy shifting and working the gears that isn't the point. As for me...yeah no...I'll stick with automatics. We had a field fire pumper that was manual tranny...hated that POS with all my feelings?
Sponsored

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
Anyone else think or wish that Ford should release a BS with manual shift?
I am okay with it just being 6speed, thoughts from everyone?
[please Ford pretty pleeeeessssee]
The issue is US dealers hate them, and don't want them. Not enough people in the US know how to drive them, so if you put a car with a manual on the lot, you cut your potential client base down to about 15%.

They also don't like them for the stupid EPA ratings. Sticks always get lower EPA rating than reality because of the rules for calculating MPG.

But I would love a BS with a 6 speed.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I had a manual 2006 Escape and a manual 2016 CX-5 that were both a blast to drive. I don't expect to see another manual SUV/crossover, but I would jump on it if available. I am one who does put my money where my mouth is, I bought the last year CX-5 (16) and Colorado (18) that were available with manual just for that reason.

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I know this is a super old post but for some reason I was thinking about this I and wondered if you could use a focus RS manual and put it in any of the 2.0 bronco sports? It's the same type of all-wheel drive system from GKN and the same C2 platform and honestly the transmissions look pretty similar and the differentials and everything I mean. Hell if you could get the front diff in there too, you could even get a mechanical limited slip diff from like quaife or wave track.

However, the software would be a pain. Might have to run some kind of standalone or maybe you could just unplug all the transmission stuff. Although that would probably mess with the all-wheel drive system really bad, but it would be cool.

I also looked at the focus ST transmission because that would be easier to get I think and it looks like the RS transmission is similar but is missing some bolt holds another stuff which is probably where the all-wheel drive system connects to.

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
*yawn*:surprised:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm fine with an automatic. Used to drive manuals back in the day. I'm older and perhaps a bit wiser. It's not like you will gain anything in a BS with a 1.5 or 2.0 ripping through manual gears.

Save it for something more worth while in the way of an engine setup.

strckerie

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'd love that! Bought a 1984 Bronco II with a stick when I lived in Colorado. Drove it for 12 years...looked just like this one.

Though on 2nd thought not sure the knees would agree these days...😄

Ford Bronco Sport Wish there was manual shifting a-factory-photo-of-a-bronco-ii-xlt-with-flip-open-removable-rear-side-windows-that-didn-t-see-

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
I almost traded up to a big Bronco just for the 7-speed stick shift. Then I read the forums and these transmissions have a lot of problems with the syncros. My BS has zero problems, I think I'll keep it.

Arcee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevrolet Equinox, 3.6L V6, AWD
Ford doesn't have a stick gearbox for AWD set ups. The 1.5 turbo is paired with a 6 speed transmission in Kuga/Puma ST/Fiesta ST but with FWD only.
The Ford Focus RS was AWD with a manual gearbox. They could do it if they really wanted to.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I drove a manual for the last 10 years. And before that, I had a manual for another 10 years with an auto 2 years in the middle.

I like them but I've come to the realization they're hard to find and I'll just get what I can get. I will say, I am loving that I can just spin it into D and not have to worry about shifting. Maybe that'll pass after the newness wears off.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The nice part of the rotary shifter is it is low enough that you do not accidently grab it while going to down shift. On the flip side, the Lexus has a rotary knobs you can spin to change driving modes or the radio station. Hopefully never try to change the station to "P" in the Bronco!
Sponsored