Wish there was manual shifting

13MikeH

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO SPORT BADLANDS AREA 51
Right, it’s now the reverse i guess making mechanical parts last longer is more expensive now…eg like analog film vs digital
I have also been told...those same dreaded chips allow a motor to shift more efficiently than any human ever...now for those who enjoy shifting and working the gears that isn't the point. As for me...yeah no...I'll stick with automatics. We had a field fire pumper that was manual tranny...hated that POS with all my feelings🤣

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
Anyone else think or wish that Ford should release a BS with manual shift?
I am okay with it just being 6speed, thoughts from everyone?
[please Ford pretty pleeeeessssee]
The issue is US dealers hate them, and don't want them. Not enough people in the US know how to drive them, so if you put a car with a manual on the lot, you cut your potential client base down to about 15%.

They also don't like them for the stupid EPA ratings. Sticks always get lower EPA rating than reality because of the rules for calculating MPG.

But I would love a BS with a 6 speed.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I had a manual 2006 Escape and a manual 2016 CX-5 that were both a blast to drive. I don't expect to see another manual SUV/crossover, but I would jump on it if available. I am one who does put my money where my mouth is, I bought the last year CX-5 (16) and Colorado (18) that were available with manual just for that reason.

Advertisement

Advertisement