Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I bought the Carplay CarlinKit wired to wireless adapter and I love it! It flawlessly connects my iPhone and starts up Carplay within a few seconds of starting my car - sometimes even before my seatbelt is locked in. So much more convenient than plugging it in every time. It's a lot smaller than I expected and it was easy to set up. Totally worth the $90 price (after tax and coupon). https://smile.amazon.com/Wireless-Adapter-Updated-CarlinKit-Automatically-One-Button/dp/B09362RPTS

Thanks for posting this! I tried one of the wireless CarPlay adapters right after I bought my BL in April 2021 and never could get it to connect and stay connected so I returned it. Bought this one from your link and set it up in less than a minute, it connects quickly, and works flawlessly so far. I had gotten in the habit of plugging my phone in most every trip, but after my wife bought a LR Defender with wireless CarPlay I loved the convenience and really wished my BL had the wireless. Now I do!!

Thanks again!

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Maybe, but in the console you can’t see it, period.
Can I see the way you have it set up?
mine is tucked up in the gap in above the wireless charge pad. i can only see the plug and that's out of the way enough to not get in the way of anything

NW Trail Marauder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Go to your local hardware store and pick up adhesive backed Velcro. That way you can tuck it underneath.

Vishla

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I bought the Carplay CarlinKit wired to wireless adapter and I love it! It flawlessly connects my iPhone and starts up Carplay within a few seconds of starting my car - sometimes even before my seatbelt is locked in. So much more convenient than plugging it in every time. It's a lot smaller than I expected and it was easy to set up. Totally worth the $90 price (after tax and coupon). https://smile.amazon.com/Wireless-Adapter-Updated-CarlinKit-Automatically-One-Button/dp/B09362RPTS
Thank you for posting this! I am ordering as we speak. I went from a 2019 Mini Cooper that was truly wireless to the 2022 Ford Bronco Sport, and this wired Carplay has been the biggest pain in the rear!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supposedly, 4 does both IOS and Android. I have no issues with the 3rd version but I’m an IOS guy.

BH62

Badlands
First Name
Barrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands with Badlands package
I agree. Someone will break window at night if they see it sitting there. Less likely if in console.. and heads up i started a thread on wireless android auto months ago
Where can I read your Android thread?

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Nope, USB-A in the dash only.
Has anyone tried the USB-A in the console between the seats, like in the video? That would put it out of sight too. Just curious.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone tried the USB-A in the console between the seats, like in the video? That would put it out of sight too. Just curious.
Yes, I have tried it. It does not work. It is completely out of sight in the front cubby plus it has a USB-A input so you don’t lose that ability either. I have a 9 inch Lightning cable plugged into the Carlinkit for times I want to plug the phone in.

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! 12AD594B-0B23-42B1-AFC5-EF364C565AF6

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I purchased one it arrived yesterday. It was DOA already going back and replacement ordered. I hope this was just bad luck. :confused:
Sponsored