LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
The concern was that someone could see it from outside the car. Pretty much impossible I think, but I will double-check when I have it out in the sunlight and in the drivers seat
I get it. Im really not trying to argue. But that little holder below radio is open for everyone to see.. just went out yo my car. And only thing keeping me from seeing it well is my 5% tint and 50% on whole windsheild.... but most on here wont go that dark. So guesin you can see it just fine on lightly tinted windows
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I get it. Im really not trying to argue. But that little holder below radio is open for everyone to see.. just went out yo my car. And only thing keeping me from seeing it well is my 5% tint and 50% on whole windsheild.... but most on here wont go that dark. So guesin you can see it just fine on lightly tinted windows
Here is mine as seen from inside the car. No way you would see it from outside even without the windows tinted black.

I guess if it is a concern, you could buy a locking center console safe and run the USB cable into there. Scarlett and I are just saying it’s not in the way or visible from outside or inside the vehicle.

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! 460B525D-DA1B-493E-9A43-8D38543936C4

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
When the red light is off, you abosultely can't see it from outside the car - even without window tint. I took the driver's side pic with the door open and the passenger side with it closed. You could also turn it upside down to hide the light completely (but it does go off a few minutes after turning the car off anyway).

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! 5ABFF937-1A65-4B79-AE4F-A9882BB1B4CF

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! E19CCB3F-3E96-4956-82F5-23EEA38473AF

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! 6FB04E4E-1BD0-4332-AC85-D82D74D35076

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
If you tuck it up and away, you basically can't see it at all from the driver's seat or through the window.

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! IMG_5307

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! IMG_5308

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! IMG_5309

This is the Carlinkit 3.0.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Here is mine as seen from inside the car. No way you would see it from outside even without the windows tinted black.

I guess if it is a concern, you could buy a locking center console safe and run the USB cable into there. Scarlett and I are just saying it’s not in the way or visible from outside or inside the vehicle.

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! 460B525D-DA1B-493E-9A43-8D38543936C4
Its just im from albuquerque and crime is horrible here.. used to see the handprints on my windows almost daily till i put up a ring camera and floodlight. Nothing in a year

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
If you tuck it up and away, you basically can't see it at all from the driver's seat or through the window.

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! IMG_5307

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! IMG_5308

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless Carplay w/ CarlinKit - YES! IMG_5309

This is the Carlinkit 3.0.
Cool! I will try that! Thanks!

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Cool! I will try that! Thanks!
I used some stick on velcro to attach a garage door opener to the top of the lower center console opening. The opener is tiny and black and you would never see it if you aren't looking for it. I should probably attach my cplay2air adapter to the top of the hump for the USB and power outlet using some velcro.

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange
You can get the Carlinkit 4.0 which is the latest and does Android Auto as well for about $60 - here is a thread on Slickdeals with details. I bought the 3.0 from this same site (LightintheBox) and it arrive in a about a week once shipped.

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its just im from albuquerque and crime is horrible here.. used to see the handprints on my windows almost daily till i put up a ring camera and floodlight. Nothing in a year
I get it. I would not want it visible as well.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The real reason to not have it visible is so that you don't constantly see the blinking light on it while you're driving.

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Definitely worth considering if it works well! I have no issue with putting it there.

Amazon only has version 3 which should be good since I only use iOS.

Can you also use the USB C connector for CarPlay?

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The real reason to not have it visible is so that you don't constantly see the blinking light on it while you're driving.
Didn’t even know it blinked! Does it do it to the beat of the music at least?
Sponsored