Have you had an Issue?

• Total voters

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
Watch out what you buy. Do not assume vehicles from other manufacturers are defect free. And if buying used look up make model on carcomplaints.com because some make models on some years have some serious defects.
This is so true. My Toyota that I had blew a head gasket before it even hit 100k.
I have been around the block with car manufactures. Had so many. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Volkswagen, Kia, etc..
I know any car can be prone to issues especially newer ones these days. One brand I will never buy again though from my history is Chevy. lol
Sponsored

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
Chevy was good back in the day. I had a Chevy Nova SS 1973. Short block V8 350 that I rebuilt and put a mild cam in. I ended up wrecking it. but I was only 20 years old. So I liked burning rubber? ?‍♂ My 1963 Ford F-100 I rebuilt the motor and bored out the in-line six and turned the 292 into a 312. That engine just purred like a sewing machine. That blew a head gasket and that’s all she wrote. I bought the truck I think for $500 with a blown head gasket.

So yah, nothing lasts forever. my 2004 Ford F150 has over 250k on the original engine, but the motor burns a little oil and gets 12-15 mpg. 15 mpg at 55mph ughh. 10-12mpg in the city.

I’m wondering how long the eco boost engines will last In the bronco and if the Unibody will hold up with the punishment that will becoming shortly. Lol

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
I'm wondering how long the eco boost engines will last In the bronco and if the Unibody will hold up with the punishment that will becoming shortly.
We have are coming up on 196k on our old now daughters 2013 Escape 2.0 EB. Motorcraft semi syn and Motorcraft filter. Change oil when oil monitoring says to change. Very pleased with the 2.0 EB. 45k on my 2018 F150 2.7 EB. Zero issues.

Digitalexcess

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No issues for me at 1.5k miles, but a new windshield cost $714, installed. Stoopid rock. It cracked 3/4 the way across the windshield before I could get it to the shop.

Anyone not pleased with their BS should have a smile on their face if they trade or sell it now.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
We have are coming up on 196k on our old now daughters 2013 Escape 2.0 EB. Motorcraft semi syn and Motorcraft filter. Change oil when oil monitoring says to change. Very pleased with the 2.0 EB. 45k on my 2018 F150 2.7 EB. Zero issues.
2018 Ford did a few tweaks to the fuel injection. So the engine became more reliable without the earlier carbon buildup issue?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
11,009 miles and no Issues…
Plus if I do have to Shop my BS for as long as I own It I get a free loaner.. AND I can choose a F-150 or an Explorer or an Expedition or an Escape or a F-250,,,
All new demos…
I get to keep the loaner until I get mine back !
Yep read it and weep boyz :,P
Wait, who would choose the Escape with all those other juicy options ?
Roflmao——

AnotherBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
While watching some 4x4 on U tube I was directed to a line of Bronco Sport vids that were not positive at all. Really ripped up the Sport. I like it's looks but know nothing else about it. After reading here and U tube I'll just not buy one. IMO,, this is the time to dump one with issues. Whatever else I think is not important here.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
No issues for me at 1.5k miles, but a new windshield cost $714, installed. Stoopid rock. It cracked 3/4 the way across the windshield before I could get it to the shop.

Anyone not pleased with their BS should have a smile on their face if they trade or sell it now.
$714? Wow. My wife just got hit with a small rock today. Cracked and spread. I read someone replaced theirs 4 times already.
Ford is definitely using cheap glass on these.
Thankfully in FL windshields are covered under comprehensive insurance. I'm sure they won't be happy if they need to be replaced often though.

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
Went in for an oil change this weekend, dealership discovered a coolant leak. I was asked to leave my Bronco for a week so they can find out why it’s leaking, dealership called yesterday said I will have to leave the car there until end of the month, coolant hose needs to be replaced and the part is on back order ??‍♀ .
We were in a fender bender last year with our Telluride. Took almost two months to get fixed because parts were on back order. Unfortunately a product of of a new car and supply chain issues during a pandemic.

Digitalexcess

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
$714? Wow. My wife just got hit with a small rock today. Cracked and spread. I read someone replaced theirs 4 times already.
Thankfully in FL windshields are covered under comprehensive insurance. I'm sure they won't be happy if they need to be replaced often though.
They needed my vin to determine which features I have. I suppose there are various different windshields depending on the feature set: lane assist, etc...

My insurance covered it, but I didn't want to file a claim and have my rates go up.

This is my first cracked windshield in over 30 years.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
They needed my vin to determine which features I have. I suppose there are various different windshields depending on the feature set: lane assist, etc...

My insurance covered it, but I didn't want to file a claim and have my rates go up.

This is my first cracked windshield in over 30 years.
I have filed for a few windshields over the years. The changes came months later after the speeding infractions.

My buddy with a Kia Sorento blew the engine just before 100k. It took them 6 months to replace it. All models have a few bad instance.
My ob scratches easy with the door panels and the radio screen.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
1600 miles and so far it's trouble free. Other than 1 issue. Was doing safety inspection a while back and tech had pointed out that passenger side fog light was out. I didn't check it when picking up the car but I suspect it had to be like that since day one. Will bring it up as a warranty issue when taking it to service.

Rkers

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
In the last 43 years I have bought nearly 30 new Fords. I have had 3 more serious warranty repairs. A 1981 F150 had a bad lobe on camshaft. A 1988 F150 had a bad fuel pressure regulator which flooded engine and hydrolocked which required a new long block. Then a 2014 Focus with the junk powershift transaxle. Otherwise a couple minor things is it. My Bronco Sport has close to 10k miles and a year old with zero issues.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
Where I live in interior Alaska most of us just keep our cracked windshields because if we replace them they'll just get cracked again. I don't think Ford is using cheap glass... it's just that when rock meat glass, the rock usually wins. All of my current vehicles have multiple cracks in the windshields.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
This is so true. My Toyota that I had blew a head gasket before it even hit 100k.
I have been around the block with car manufactures. Had so many. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Volkswagen, Kia, etc..
I know any car can be prone to issues especially newer ones these days. One brand I will never buy again though from my history is Chevy. lol
I'm an old guy who's had tons of cars and trucks over the years. After purchasing a pair of F250s from Ford in 1999 and 2000 I started buying only Fords. With the exception of Toyota, my Ford vehicles have proven themselves over and over moreso than other brands. I avoid Honda because of big problems I had with two of them. Any car from any manufacturer can prove to be a lemon, but my Fords have been as good as any and better than most. I also like buying from a US auto company, and from one that hasn't ever gone bankrupt yet.
Sponsored