What's the worst exterior mod you've done, or viewed done?

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Id bet the average age of poster in this thread is 55+ lol
Well that is a very ageism comment. Just remember if you are lucky, you will someday be 55+ Not sure why being 55 + warrants an LOL....Ignorance is definitely bliss

"Don't regret growing old it is a privilege denied to many"

Last edited:

ceeg03

Big Bend
First Name
Carynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Does anyone know if there has been a deletion kit made so the roof racks can be taken off? I like a smoother top and quite frankly I hate these things. However you can’t take them off if you don’t have something to put in the gap because there is an exposed hole that leads directly into the cabin which would allow the outside elements to get in. Plus where the rack was there is an open gap so just putting a plate or screw In doesn’t completely solve the issue. They are a pain in the ass to take off but the end result is so much better!

Any help on solutions would be amazing!

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Does anyone know if there has been a deletion kit made so the roof racks can be taken off? I like a smoother top and quite frankly I hate these things. However you can’t take them off if you don’t have something to put in the gap because there is an exposed hole that leads directly into the cabin which would allow the outside elements to get in. Plus where the rack was there is an open gap so just putting a plate or screw In doesn’t completely solve the issue. They are a pain in the ass to take off but the end result is so much better!

Any help on solutions would be amazing!
I do not know of a kit that offers this, but the idea is a good one. I'd guess a fab shop could come up with this, but as to how much...

It was brought up on this forum awhile back with same results (no one knows of one):

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/roof-rack-delete-kit.7247/

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Cheap mud flaps. Both rear mud flaps are cracked/punctured by flying rocks in sub-zero weather. Luckily they are being replaced by the seller and I’m going to add several coats of bed liner to them before installing the replacements. I also found some rubber sheeting I’m going to add to make them more resistant to impact.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Cheap mud flaps. Both rear mud flaps are cracked/punctured by flying rocks in sub-zero weather. Luckily they are being replaced by the seller and I’m going to add several coats of bed liner to them before installing the replacements. I also found some rubber sheeting I’m going to add to make them more resistant to impact.
I’m really surprised I haven’t seen someone offer a mudflap similar to the high end ones that Ford offers, that are just stupid expensive. The hard plastic mudflaps have never made any sense to me and since the Ford ones are so expensive, I would expect some enterprising Chinese person to have stepped in to fill the gap by now.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My number one pet peeve is the fake rivet fender flares, whether it's the OEM set or an aftermarket option. I think they look tacky and aren't practical at all since the rivets are fake and they're actually held on with glue and hope.

To each their own! I'm sure other folks hate some stuff on my Sport, but I love it and that's all that matters since I make the payments.

Ford Bronco Sport What's the worst exterior mod you've done, or viewed done? 20230212_070459

Ford Bronco Sport What's the worst exterior mod you've done, or viewed done? 20221209_175108

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Bingo. And I like the fake hardware on the fender flares. So there.
You got me, Mark! I respect your taste. That's what makes this forum fun - I love that we all have different opinions.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Initially I liked the ones Eric/Meanderthal had. But I think the Tectico ones clip/bolt in a little more substantially. And the look is kind of growing on me.

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
Haters gonna hate. Nothing you can do about it.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
The thread title asks, so be aware that some answers don't appeal to all. Me? I don't make the other members payments, therefore my like/dislike really does not matter.

pressure23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
highlander
  • Hood graphics
  • Anything plastidipped (because plastidipped stuff looks exactly like plastidipped stuff)
  • Too many emblems (script, plus bronco, plus custom, plus ... just pick one)
  • Too many exterior accent lights
  • Wheels larger than 17" diameter
  • Rear mounted spare tire
  • Carbon fiber overlays inside
  • Any personalized plate that isn't purely informative in nature -- clever, cute, comical personalized plates are never any of those things. Ever.
  • Anything with a sasquatch logo on it (see note above on clever, cute, and comical)
  • Any undercarriage lighting that isn't white or amber
  • CAI, assuming there is one for the BS
  • Snorkel ... if a person really needs one, then a BS is definitely the wrong vehicle
I agree with these, but I did one carbon fiber overlay on center console and I think it does look sharp!
Sponsored