What's the worst exterior mod you've done, or viewed done?

pressure23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
highlander
  • Hood graphics
  • Anything plastidipped (because plastidipped stuff looks exactly like plastidipped stuff)
  • Too many emblems (script, plus bronco, plus custom, plus ... just pick one)
  • Too many exterior accent lights
  • Wheels larger than 17" diameter
  • Rear mounted spare tire
  • Carbon fiber overlays inside
  • Any personalized plate that isn't purely informative in nature -- clever, cute, comical personalized plates are never any of those things. Ever.
  • Anything with a sasquatch logo on it (see note above on clever, cute, and comical)
  • Any undercarriage lighting that isn't white or amber
  • CAI, assuming there is one for the BS
  • Snorkel ... if a person really needs one, then a BS is definitely the wrong vehicle
I am not a mod guy, and won't really do much, but I did dig this carbon overlay for a meatier look in console

Ford Bronco Sport What's the worst exterior mod you've done, or viewed done? IMG_4106
Sponsored

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Who I am to judge? If someone likes their mod and it isn’t hurting anyone. Live and let live.
Just because you may think something looks odd or out of place doesn’t make it so.
When I get my Badlands and it is “modified “ no negative Nellys be hateful. I will take my ball and go home.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Who I am to judge? If someone likes their mod and it isn’t hurting anyone. Live and let live.
Just because you may think something looks odd or out of place doesn’t make it so.
When I get my Badlands and it is “modified “ no negative Nellys be hateful. I will take my ball and go home.
What you do with your balls is none of our business 🤣

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
The bumper is designed to absorb impact. I would be skeptical of its suitability for recovery (pulling) loads. Note that the recovery hooks on the Badlands are bolted to the unibody well behind the bumper assembly. That's where I would look to apply recovery loads since that's where the vehicle's engineers intended they go.
I would normally agree. But there are a lot of subies running small winches. So what gives is what I am wondering.

I-gor

Big Bend
First Name
Blucher!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Not a mod, but least favorite for me is the "not keeping wheels brake dust free" look. Only takes a sudsy bucket of Meguiar's soap, a microfiber wash mitt and a few minutes a week to keep 'em looking good.

Last edited:

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I am glad to hear you don’t. But it is only one ball I am taking home. I will leave the other for
I wasn’t referring to my balls. I was talking metaphorically. Glad to see kindergarten is alive and well.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
  • Hood graphics
  • Anything plastidipped (because plastidipped stuff looks exactly like plastidipped stuff)
  • Too many emblems (script, plus bronco, plus custom, plus ... just pick one)
  • Too many exterior accent lights
  • Wheels larger than 17" diameter
  • Rear mounted spare tire
  • Carbon fiber overlays inside
  • Any personalized plate that isn't purely informative in nature -- clever, cute, comical personalized plates are never any of those things. Ever.
  • Anything with a sasquatch logo on it (see note above on clever, cute, and comical)
  • Any undercarriage lighting that isn't white or amber
  • CAI, assuming there is one for the BS
  • Snorkel ... if a person really needs one, then a BS is definitely the wrong vehicle
This pretty much hits it on the head for me too. I may however consider a solid matte black graphic on my hood to cut down the glare. To me mods should be for safety, convenance, or practicality.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a joke tying in our other conversations that have gone on for longer than some would have liked. You said I had moved up to sophomoric and I was saying that I had moved to your level, which should mean that we communicate better with each other. This explainer takes all the fun out of it!
Sponsored