What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ?

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Is it just me or does it look like only 1 out of 10 Bronco Sports are Badlands trim? I literally stumbled onto a car lot and parked right next to the Badlands I ended up with here... and yes, purchased back last April when mark ups were all the rage, ugh. Admittedly I caved into a $3k mark up, but hell my 11 year old Ram was literally on its last legs so got some of that mark up back on that trade in ... lol

Of course being on this forum and having taken my Bronco Sport out and about on the trails.. even with its stock inky Pirellis (eek) I've enjoyed both it's capabilities and the real savings on my MPG/s (avg 25mpg mixed driving) especially compared to my 5.7 ltr Hemi... lol. avg 14mpg with a tail wind...

I've had friends looking here in town... and I've maybe com across only 3 other Badlands showing up on any 1 of the 4 Ford dealerships in the area in the last 10 months. Most are Big Bends and Outer Banks... I was curious if other's here noticed that as well.

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? IMG_7902.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? P7020345.JPG
Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
When these first started it was Base to Big Bend and then you forked to Outer Banks or Badlands. The one most recommended by many reviewers (including Edmunds, Car and Driver, KBB as 3 I can remember but there were more) was BB. It was deemed capable off-road, well equipped and a good value at under $31K. Then, the recommendation was comfort and nice features, go OBX, but if true off-road is needed, then they recommend BL (or they highly suggested go for a Bronco). And in the beginning, the OBX was (slightly) more expensive than BL. And of course, First Edition was hard to get but obviously the best by far.

In the second year, prices increased a little for all models ā€¦ except the BL which increased thousands instead of hundreds like the others. The main reason was because they did not expect the higher demand of that trim. But once it was the most expensive, many of us realized BB and OBX met our needs and in many cases, even better as we did not off-road. (as a personal example, my ownerships were BB then BL then OBX and now HLE)

So, Iā€™m sorry for the long explanation, but I think this will help explain why you see less BL, especially before 2023, then the other two main models (the Base seems to be less popular but many still think it is great and a great value as it is capable and has been least effected by price increases).

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
My personal experience is with BL. I wanted to order the OBX but when I first went to order (MY2021) Ford computers would not let met add the moonroof. That was a deal breaker for me. I wanted leather seats and the moonroof. I didnā€™t really care about the skid plates on BL or the engine size difference. I also didnā€™t want 18 inch wheels on the OBX so I decided to go home and think it over. I went back on Black Friday and discovered I could no longer order the 2021. I had made the decision to go Badlands and ordered MY2022. I prefer the 17 inch stock wheels on the Badlands and didnā€™t want to invest in new wheels immediately. I love the roast color interior. I ordered the carpet mats and I can pull them out if need be for bad weather. The fit right over the rubber. Iā€™m loving my choice, but if I decide to order a MY2023 I would order the Badlands. I would still add the moonroof, but I would also add the CMS, the ACC and the tow package. I say if I decide because Iā€˜m not sure whether I want Eruption Green or Atlas Blue. The Velocity Blue and the Rapid Red are not available.

OP
OP
NEFKANO

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
When these first started it was Base to Big Bend and then you forked to Outer Banks or Badlands. The one most recommended by many reviewers (including Edmunds, Car and Driver, KBB as 3 I can remember but there were more) was BB. It was deemed capable off-road, well equipped and a good value at under $31K. Then, the recommendation was comfort and nice features, go OBX, but if true off-road is needed, then they recommend BL (or they highly suggested go for a Bronco). And in the beginning, the OBX was (slightly) more expensive than BL. And of course, First Edition was hard to get but obviously the best by far.

In the second year, prices increased a little for all models ā€¦ except the BL which increased thousands instead of hundreds like the others. The main reason was because they did not expect the higher demand of that trim. But once it was the most expensive, many of us realized BB and OBX met our needs and in many cases, even better as we did not off-road. (as a personal example, my ownerships were BB then BL then OBX and now HLE)

So, Iā€™m sorry for the long explanation, but I think this will help explain why you see less BL, especially before 2023, then the other two main models (the Base seems to be less popular but many still think it is great and a great value as it is capable and has been least effected by price increases).
Appreciate the observations... yes makes sense... admittedly I had "tried" to order a BigBend online... but after trying to place the order with a local dealership, was informed to wait a few months for delivery... well, with my Ram on it's last legs... I simply was resigned to buying a Ford Escape... As mentioned... I ended up parked next to this loaded Badlands and not knowing any better should have saved the extra 10K and stuck with an Escape on the lot... but made the mistake of taking a test drive of the Bronco Sport....ugh

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? IMG_7900.JPG

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Appreciate the observations... yes makes sense... admittedly I had "tried" to order a BigBend online... but after trying to place the order with a local dealership, was informed to wait a few months for delivery... well, with my Ram on it's last legs... I simply was resigned to buying a Ford Escape... As mentioned... I ended up parked next to this loaded Badlands and not knowing any better should have saved the extra 10K and stuck with an Escape on the lot... but made the mistake of taking a test drive of the Bronco Sport....ugh

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? IMG_7900.JPG
Your Badlands is awesome and I love the pics you take. Keep posting them please.

Also, I love how you compare the Escape and Sport. Itā€™s the main reason I laugh and laugh every time someone (usually a Bronco owner) dis the Sport and call it something like an Escape+. Drive them both (like you did), I say to the dumbasses.

Lastly, when it is time to sell your Sport and it is not worth $10k more than the Escape, Iā€™ll make up the difference. :angel:

OP
OP
NEFKANO

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Your Badlands is awesome and I love the pics you take. Keep posting them please.

Also, I love how you compare the Escape and Sport. Itā€™s the main reason I laugh and laugh every time someone (usually a Bronco owner) dis the Sport and call it something like an Escape+. Drive them both (like you did), I say to the dumbasses.

Lastly, when it is time to sell your Sport and it is not worth $10k more than the Escape, Iā€™ll make up the difference. :angel:
Thanks for the compliments... but just being outdoors makes it all too easy... besides... have Coors, will travel...lol

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? DJI_0015.JPG

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Lol. I worked for Coors in paper packaging in Boulder. I was in charge of a 4-pack line for Bartles and Jaymes. I drink a lot of free beer! (they allowed drinking out of the kegs on break, lunch and a half hour after work. My drink was Killianā€™s Red)

Dmbleist

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Is it just me or does it look like only 1 out of 10 Bronco Sports are Badlands trim? I literally stumbled onto a car lot and parked right next to the Badlands I ended up with here... and yes, purchased back last April when mark ups were all the rage, ugh. Admittedly I caved into a $3k mark up, but hell my 11 year old Ram was literally on its last legs so got some of that mark up back on that trade in ... lol

Of course being on this forum and having taken my Bronco Sport out and about on the trails.. even with its stock inky Pirellis (eek) I've enjoyed both it's capabilities and the real savings on my MPG/s (avg 25mpg mixed driving) especially compared to my 5.7 ltr Hemi... lol. avg 14mpg with a tail wind...

I've had friends looking here in town... and I've maybe com across only 3 other Badlands showing up on any 1 of the 4 Ford dealerships in the area in the last 10 months. Most are Big Bends and Outer Banks... I was curious if other's here noticed that as well.

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? IMG_7902.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? P7020345.JPG
I have also noticed that the majority of trim levels on Ford lots are BB and then OB. I had to order my BL since there were none available for purchase (especially in the color I wanted)

Fordone Badlands

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport

I see you have the hitch cargo unit installed on yours. I have one and was wondering how much weight you have had in it given the tongue weight limits of the BS?

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I wouldn't sweat the markup you paid. It never feels good to pay more than what you feel is a fair price, but it sounds like you did find it fair, and it's in the past. From the sounds of it, you keep your vehicles until you wear them out, so that markup really is insignificant. Just enjoy your vehicle.

I've asked a similar question before, regarding sales percentages broken into the 4 BS models. I actually got a response at one time from somebody claiming to work for Ford who had access to this info. I can't recall the exact breakdown that he provided, but as you can imagine, the BB and OBX were by far the most sold vehicles, with both the Base and Badlands making up very small percentages. I believe the Badlands comes in at less than 10% of total sales. Interestingly enough, the guy that responded to me (not here on this forum), subsequently deleted his response and disappeared. Not sure what to make of that, but it felt like maybe he had disclosed something that he wasn't comfortable disclosing and cleaned it up.

And in completely Rumorville, Mecham (as in, Mecham Classic Car Auctions), has apparently gone on record stating that they believe the Badlands to be a future collector's car. If so, that would have to be based on the relatively small number of them compared to all other Bronco Sports being sold, because there sure is no shortage of Bronco Sports out in the wild.

OP
OP
NEFKANO

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I wouldn't sweat the markup you paid. It never feels good to pay more than what you feel is a fair price, but it sounds like you did find it fair, and it's in the past. From the sounds of it, you keep your vehicles until you wear them out, so that markup really is insignificant. Just enjoy your vehicle.

I've asked a similar question before, regarding sales percentages broken into the 4 BS models. I actually got a response at one time from somebody claiming to work for Ford who had access to this info. I can't recall the exact breakdown that he provided, but as you can imagine, the BB and OBX were by far the most sold vehicles, with both the Base and Badlands making up very small percentages. I believe the Badlands comes in at less than 10% of total sales. Interestingly enough, the guy that responded to me (not here on this forum), subsequently deleted his response and disappeared. Not sure what to make of that, but it felt like maybe he had disclosed something that he wasn't comfortable disclosing and cleaned it up.

And in completely Rumorville, Mecham (as in, Mecham Classic Car Auctions), has apparently gone on record stating that they believe the Badlands to be a future collector's car. If so, that would have to be based on the relatively small number of them compared to all other Bronco Sports being sold, because there sure is no shortage of Bronco Sports out in the wild.
Yes.... I often make the worst financial decisions... but always seem to enjoy the American dream that my credit gets me... besides... can't take it with me when I pass on, lol.

I am very happy with this little beast that (for me...) does it all. W al can't afford 2 cars for personal use, so I squeeze every drop of utility and fun juice out of this micro beast!

Besides... I tease my girlfriend and her 70K jeep rubicon which has aftermarket suspension system that needs annual checkups and 37" mud tires as It sits in her driveway as we drive away towards are next off-roading adventure... Her claim... "Nef! we can't take the jeep... we could have an accident!" because of some jeep known disease called the Death Wobble!" hahahah I laugh every time.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...my 11 year old Ram was literally on its last legs...
This is another reason I don't dis folks who paid a markup. Not everyone who purchased a car over the last few years was purchasing just for fun. Some folks actually needed a new car and had no choice but to buy in a seller's market. Of course you have a choice between the Bronco Sport and another vehicle, but that's really no choice at all, is it?

Pintarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, '03 F-150 7700 Pkg
This is another reason I don't dis folks who paid a markup. Not everyone who purchased a car over the last few years was purchasing just for fun. Some folks actually needed a new car and had no choice but to buy in a seller's market. Of course you have a choice between the Bronco Sport and another vehicle, but that's really no choice at all, is it?
That was my situation, slightly marked up. Of course there were other used cars and cheaper new cars available, but how could I pass up a Bronco Sport?

I'm curious about the number of Badlands vs other trims broken down by state. In my area of Colorado, it seems to be something like 30-40% of the other Bronco Sports I pass on the road are Badlands trim. It feels like there are about as many Broncos as Bronco Sports in my area too, I'd like to see a breakdown of that as well.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
That was my situation, slightly marked up. Of course there were other used cars and cheaper new cars available, but how could I pass up a Bronco Sport?

I'm curious about the number of Badlands vs other trims broken down by state. In my area of Colorado, it seems to be something like 30-40% of the other Bronco Sports I pass on the road are Badlands trim. It feels like there are about as many Broncos as Bronco Sports in my area too, I'd like to see a breakdown of that as well.
You might get a clue using a car valuation service that accounts for location. Areas where the Badlands sells for more means demand is higher for them in that area.
Sponsored