What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ?

OP
OP
NEFKANO

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
That was my situation, slightly marked up. Of course there were other used cars and cheaper new cars available, but how could I pass up a Bronco Sport?

I'm curious about the number of Badlands vs other trims broken down by state. In my area of Colorado, it seems to be something like 30-40% of the other Bronco Sports I pass on the road are Badlands trim. It feels like there are about as many Broncos as Bronco Sports in my area too, I'd like to see a breakdown of that as well.
Interesting... In my location of West Texas and all of New Mexico, where I adventure out... I see a few other Bronco Sports... but rarely a Badlands.

Suppose I should apply a Unicorn next to the Bigfoot sticker I have in my rear view...ha!

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? IMG_8327
Sponsored

OP
OP
NEFKANO

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I see you have the hitch cargo unit installed on yours. I have one and was wondering how much weight you have had in it given the tongue weight limits of the BS?
Yup.. I'm aware of both the limitation on towing and tongue weight. I had attached a Curt class III hitch to my BL , but of course the hitch is only as capable as the weakest link... so I believe the specs state a 200lb tongue weight limit (?)

With that in mind I purchased a smallish rear cargo basket to carry the occasional camping water container and perhaps some firewood, etc... I also make it work as my truck bed since I no longer have a truck.... but it works of me.. I just have to dutifully chop up any trash into smaller manageable pieces and make a few extra trips...thankfully I have a neighborhood trash site a few blocks away, so no biggie.

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? IMG_8141

MyKindOfBS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I went with the BS Badlands mostly because I wanted a Sunroof (Moonroof) and I have had all the fun I can stand in a lifetime (sarcasm) with soft tops on previously owned Jeeps and convertibles. Now that I have it, I'm just thrilled that I went with that trim. Just the larger tire upgrade 245/65/r17 was a game changer.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Is it just me or does it look like only 1 out of 10 Bronco Sports are Badlands trim? I literally stumbled onto a car lot and parked right next to the Badlands I ended up with here... and yes, purchased back last April when mark ups were all the rage, ugh. Admittedly I caved into a $3k mark up, but hell my 11 year old Ram was literally on its last legs so got some of that mark up back on that trade in ... lol

Of course being on this forum and having taken my Bronco Sport out and about on the trails.. even with its stock inky Pirellis (eek) I've enjoyed both it's capabilities and the real savings on my MPG/s (avg 25mpg mixed driving) especially compared to my 5.7 ltr Hemi... lol. avg 14mpg with a tail wind...

I've had friends looking here in town... and I've maybe com across only 3 other Badlands showing up on any 1 of the 4 Ford dealerships in the area in the last 10 months. Most are Big Bends and Outer Banks... I was curious if other's here noticed that as well.

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? IMG_7902.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? P7020345.JPG
Dealers only get a certain amount of allocation for each trim level.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
Yup.. I'm aware of both the limitation on towing and tongue weight. I had attached a Curt class III hitch to my BL , but of course the hitch is only as capable as the weakest link... so I believe the specs state a 200lb tongue weight limit (?)

With that in mind I purchased a smallish rear cargo basket to carry the occasional camping water container and perhaps some firewood, etc... I also make it work as my truck bed since I no longer have a truck.... but it works of me.. I just have to dutifully chop up any trash into smaller manageable pieces and make a few extra trips...thankfully I have a neighborhood trash site a few blocks away, so no biggie.

What basket is that? I really like that style. Would be nice for utility as you use it.

I see quite a few sports here in eastern WI and I'd say that it's about 50/50 Badlands to other trims. Mostly Big Bends and Badlands with a few Outer Banks.

OP
OP
NEFKANO

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
What basket is that? I really like that style. Would be nice for utility as you use it.

I see quite a few sports here in eastern WI and I'd say that it's about 50/50 Badlands to other trims. Mostly Big Bends and Badlands with a few Outer Banks.
I purchased this for $59 at my local HarborFrieght... Designed to be carried by ATVs with a 300lb weight capacity... but with our BSs being limited to 200lb tongue weight, I would rarely exceed that.

It also has a raised section as it exits the 2" receiver helping a bit with angle's of departure as opposed to being straight and level out of the receiver.

In my case I use it for securing items that get dirty like wood for burning, recovery tracks and also hold by 5 gallon water canister and/or extra fuel if I decide to carry some as opposed to sticking on my upper rack.

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? IMG_8324

SquarePants

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I went with the BS Badlands mostly because I wanted a Sunroof (Moonroof) and I have had all the fun I can stand in a lifetime (sarcasm) with soft tops on previously owned Jeeps and convertibles. Now that I have it, I'm just thrilled that I went with that trim. Just the larger tire upgrade 245/65/r17 was a game changer.

What is the make/model of the rear carrier?

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
I purchased this for $59 at my local HarborFrieght... Designed to be carried by ATVs with a 300lb weight capacity... but with our BSs being limited to 200lb tongue weight, I would rarely exceed that.

It also has a raised section as it exits the 2" receiver helping a bit with angle's of departure as opposed to being straight and level out of the receiver.

In my case I use it for securing items that get dirty like wood for burning, recovery tracks and also hold by 5 gallon water canister and/or extra fuel if I decide to carry some as opposed to sticking on my upper rack.

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? IMG_8324
Awesome, thanks!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I thought at one point Ford said Badlands was 15 percent of the Sports. They were never intended to be the volume seller. Yeah most sports you see are the 3 cylinders those are the volume sellers for Ford.

OP
OP
NEFKANO

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I thought at one point Ford said Badlands was 15 percent of the Sports. They were never intended to be the volume seller. Yeah most sports you see are the 3 cylinders those are the volume sellers for Ford.
15% sounds about right based on the responses here... but truth be told makes me feel special toying around in this micro beast! Hell I even considered a Suzuki Jimny... but pricey little thing and hard to get a hold of here State side.

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 5.50.12 PM

OP
OP
NEFKANO

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The dealer in my town loves to use their allocations to buy Badlands when they can. I can always tell when they come from my dealer because they only order white and they order with no packages or options (on all trims - there's a handful of white BBs and OBXs around too). I'm the only Badlands in the area with a different color, any options at all, or any mods. I think I've seen 3 other BLs around and tons of the other trims.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
15% sounds about right based on the responses here... but truth be told makes me feel special toying around in this micro beast! Hell I even considered a Suzuki Jimny... but pricey little thing and hard to get a hold of here State side.

Ford Bronco Sport What's the ratio of Badlands to all other trims ? Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 5.50.12 PM
Was that even an option? I was under the impression these are impossible to get State side.