nhchemist

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, S2000, Bronco Sport Badlands
Our BS/BL is my wife's car. She bought her father's 2010 Honda CR-V for $9000 in 2017 and sold it for $11,800 last February. We ordered the BS/BL in January and took delivery last week. It is now selling for $4300 more than when we ordered it. We feed that we done good.

Renee Soss

Outer Banks
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Sport What were you driving prior to your BS? 20220328_130019

Ordered bs ob 12/21/21. At dealership 3/24/22 St. Petersburg, FL. Traded my 2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 60k miles on 3/28/22.
I have eyelashes for Bronco Sport but I don't think I will put them on Tweety; still thinking about it, though... šŸ˜‰

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nissan Murano 2011. Never liked the CVT and, with >120,000 miles on it, waiting fo a feared cvt rebuild in the near future. Also looking for some awd/4x4 for whenever we visit my in-laws, proven a need after Hurricane MarĆ­a struck os a few years back. So I decided for a cactus grey BL.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had a 2018 Infiniti QX30 premium AWD. It was a decent car but not a good fit for me. Also, it did not have enough room in it anymore because both my son and I play hockey now. Gear bags (especially goalie gear bag for my son) are really big and took the entire cargo area of the QX30.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
2018 Tacoma. Built, not bought. Totaled by a hillbilly
Ford Bronco Sport What were you driving prior to your BS? 89365666-4F58-4C7C-BE85-C77CD0B1BFB8

2019 RDX. Had 6 months and then got BS. Hated it.

Ford Bronco Sport What were you driving prior to your BS? 20632601-7D7B-4E15-A423-104E3ED75E61

2019 Street Bob-current. Motor work, tune, suspension etc. Built not bought

Ford Bronco Sport What were you driving prior to your BS? 0149EF71-C319-4F81-A3CF-5AA03B0A6AB5
Love the bike of course. But can I ask what wasnā€™t right about the RDX? Curious as Iā€™ve never taken a close look at one (my Mom bought one but I havenā€™t seen it yet) but it seems like one of the few other interesting entries in the compact crossover class.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The 10 speed auto was awful. Never downshifted upon slowing. Be in 7th gear at 20mph and doesnā€™t downshift until you try to accelerate. So had to use sport+ mode all the times and use the paddle shifters to downshift going into any off throttle on throttle scenarios to get trans to shift right. Tip in delay to accelerate. Made it dangerous to merge into traffic or get into moving traffic because of the delay. It would randomly shut off on hard accelerating on highway, was intermittent.
Is known by Honda but they wouldnā€™t fix. It would Literally just die. Had leaks, in roof, doors. Infotainment would hard lock on. And wouldnā€™t shut off. Had to keep a box wrench in center console to disconnect battery so it wonā€™t kill the battery . Like every week I had some sort of issue. Thereā€™s a bunch more. It had almost every tsb service performed at least once and some twice. Had it 6 months and was the worst vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned, was in shop a month out of the time I owned it. It was unsafe and buggy. It handled really good and the seats were 100 times better then the broncos. But always feared it would leave me stranded. Iā€™ll never buy another Honda. Owned two and both had bad issues at very low miles. My bad for the book

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
The 10 speed auto was awful. Never downshifted upon slowing. Be in 7th gear at 20mph and doesnā€™t downshift until you try to accelerate. So had to use sport+ mode all the times and use the paddle shifters to downshift going into any off throttle on throttle scenarios to get trans to shift right. Tip in delay to accelerate. Made it dangerous to merge into traffic or get into moving traffic because of the delay. It would randomly shut off on hard accelerating on highway, was intermittent.
Is known by Honda but they wouldnā€™t fix. It would Literally just die. Had leaks, in roof, doors. Infotainment would hard lock on. And wouldnā€™t shut off. Had to keep a box wrench in center console to disconnect battery so it wonā€™t kill the battery . Like every week I had some sort of issue. Thereā€™s a bunch more. It had almost every tsb service performed at least once and some twice. Had it 6 months and was the worst vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned, was in shop a month out of the time I owned it. It was unsafe and buggy. It handled really good and the seats were 100 times better then the broncos. But always feared it would leave me stranded. Iā€™ll never buy another Honda. Owned two and both had bad issues at very low miles. My bad for the book
Wow thanks for an honest review! Yeah if I had half those issues you describe, Iā€™d be out & into something else for sure. Interesting to note that as bad as some Ford dealers are on here (thankfully mine has been great), that even a well renowned manufacturer like Honda has known issues they wonā€™t or canā€™t correct.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I like cars. I like big cars, I like small cars, I like fast cars and slow cars. I like coupes, sedans, hatchbacks, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, UTVs, and even some minivans. I prefer cars with combustion engines, can handle hybrids, and it'll take me awhile yet to go electric. I've owned everything from a V-Twin motorcycle (still a bigger engine than the 1.5L in the BS) to a V12, and one rotary engine.

What was I driving before this BS Badlands purchase?
1986 Mazda RX-7
1998 Hyundai Accent. Yes - I even loved this one. Felt like driving a go-cart. Bought new.
2000 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner. Bought new.
2002 Nissan Pathfinder. Bought new.
2006 Honda Odyssey. Bought new.
2007 Honda Civic Hybrid. Actually hated this car. Bought new.
2007 Aston Martin DB9. No words for this one....sold it a year ago but it was a dream car for me.
2009 Nissan Maxima. Never got used to the CVT transmission. Bought new.
2013 Ford F-150 4x4 Crew cab. Bought new.
2015 BMW X5. Bought new. Loved it until I got rear-ended and it was never the same.
2015 Land Rover LR4. Bought new. Loved it until its utter crap build quality became abundantly clear.
2016 BMW X3. Bought new. 2.8L 4 cylinder twin-turbo. Fun SUV. Handed it down to my son until getting him the BS BL recently. Now I drive it often and plan to keep it until it falls apart.
2018 Honda Odyssey. Bought new. Loved it but worst quality car I've ever owned.
2021 BMW X5. Bought new. My daily drive.
2022 BMW X7. Bought new. My wife's daily drive.
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Bandlands. Have had it a few days now. Really enjoy it, but my son will be taking it off to college. But I am far more impressed with this SUV than I expected.

I've never regretted selling any of these, and never wanted to keep any of them forever. The only cars in this list that I plan on keeping for a very long time are the 2016 X3 and the Bronco Sport. I plan to have them both until the bolts fall off and they head to the junkyard.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
Most recently a 2017 Escape and an F250. I recently drove down and up the ALCAN in the F250 and was so disappointed with the truck when I came back with an empty cargo trailer with a V front that weighed under 1500 pounds empty that I sold the truck to the dealer right after I got back. Now I've got a trailer and nothing to pull it with until I get a 23 F150 that I've ordered.