What tires should I get for my soon to be delivered badlands? What are you getting?

OP
OP
Freeskierdude

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
so the falken 245/70s would fit with no problem? If so I’ll prob have my dealer credit me for the 235s and go bigger.
I have no idea. you might be the first person on this planet outside of ford to try that tire size. here is the article which says 30.5 is the max Car&Driver. let us know how it works out.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I have no idea. you might be the first person on this planet outside of ford to try that tire size. here is the article which says 30.5 is the max Car&Driver. let us know how it works out.

Aww geez I dont wanna be the first.
I wanna know if the BFG K02's will fit too - Those are 245/70 as well.

I wonder if the dealer would be cool with "experimenting" a bit. They dont have any trouble returning unused tires to their distributors right?

kmb421

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
What is the process for replacing tires on a new purchase? I've never done that before, but considering it.

Do you purchase beforehand and bring to the dealer when you buy the car, then have the dealer switch them out? What happens to the OEM tires?

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
What is the process for replacing tires on a new purchase? I've never done that before, but considering it.

Do you purchase beforehand and bring to the dealer when you buy the car, then have the dealer switch them out? What happens to the OEM tires?
I guess it varies between dealers.
Mine is apparently uninterested in giving me a credit for the Falkens it was ordered with.

so if I want new tires I’ll have to try to sell the factory set myself. Sounds fun.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Ok I know none of us really know.... but would a slightly shorter but wider tire fit? Like a 255/65?

It's 10" wide and 30.1 tall.... I can imagine thats gonna be a problem right? Falken makes some Wildpeaks in this size and I bet they'd look great.

Hell maybe even a 265/65 would fit? 10.4 wide 30.6 high?

Last edited:

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I've got 215/50/R17 on my little Focus hatch now. I'd love to see an even wider tire available for my sport when I take delivery. Currently leaning towards a 245/65/R18 for my Big Bend if I can confirm they fit without rub on the full steering. Heck, I'd even go for a 255/60. I prefer the wider look over the extra height, and generally don't get enough snow in our area for it to be a concern.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I just ordered theses in to replace the factory tires dealer is installing them
Ford Bronco Sport What tires should I get for my soon to be delivered badlands? What are you getting? 27449
have you driven the car off the lot yet? And what happened to your factory tires? I’m looking to replace my tires but already have some miles on them

OP
OP
Freeskierdude

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
Hey everyone so I picked up my badlands this week and I needed to get snow-rated tires by the weekend. I went with the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S. I have experience with these in the past and I can say they are great. I had no idea they offered them in 235/65/R17 until I saw that tire rack added them as compatible. They look great and best of all they are made in the US. It feels silly to get new tires when the stock ones only had 85 miles on them. Hopefully, my gas mileage doesn't suffer but overall the coopers are only 34 lbs per tire. As a side note on my way home 9about a 35-mile trip) from the dealer with 40 miles on the odometer, I was getting 26 mpg.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Hey everyone so I picked up my badlands this week and I needed to get snow-rated tires by the weekend. I went with the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S. I have experience with these in the past and I can say they are great. I had no idea they offered them in 235/65/R17 until I saw that tire rack added them as compatible. They look great and best of all they are made in the US. It feels silly to get new tires when the stock ones only had 85 miles on them. Hopefully, my gas mileage doesn't suffer but overall the coopers are only 34 lbs per tire. As a side note on my way home 9about a 35-mile trip) from the dealer with 40 miles on the odometer, I was getting 26 mpg.
what did you do with your old tires?

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
The optional tires are definitely the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Had to look at a few delivered BL videos to make sure.

I run the A/T3W's on both my Expeditions (C load and E load) and they are awesome all-around tires and all I use even in the winter. Haven't found the need to get a studless snow at least on those vehicles.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=WildPeak+A/T3W

Last edited:
OP
OP
Freeskierdude

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
what did you do with your old tires?
I have them still. Im going to try and sell them this week. The tire shop didn't want them because he said "I would offer you very little money for them, you should sell them on your own"

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have them still. Im going to try and sell them this week. The tire shop didn't want them because he said "I would offer you very little money for them, you should sell them on your own"
Did you have the 225 scorpions originally?
Sponsored