What tires should I get for my soon to be delivered badlands? What are you getting?

Samsquanch

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I didn't end up getting the "steelie wheel" or the Falken tires for my BL. I'm going to upgrade my tires as I pick up the vehicle. I live in Oregon and driving over the snowy passes with non-snowflake-rated tires is illegal. I was planning to get a set of Michelin Crossclimate 2's. However, they only offer that tire in 235/65/R17 and not the size the 225/65/R17 Pirelli tire it comes with. I know this is a silly question but should I do this? or should I go with a tire that exactly matches the stock tires? Will I see any tradeoffs or incompatibilities with getting the larger tire on stock BL rims? Any recommendations on tires you prefer with the snowflake (3PMSF) rating? Will the Crossclimate 2's be thick enough when I take it on forest service roads in the spring?
I ordered mine without the steelie off road tire option too....in Canada its 1K option.....figure for that I could buy better tires
Sponsored

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
The optional tires are definitely the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Had to look at a few delivered BL videos to make sure.

I run the A/T3W's on both my Expeditions (C load and E load) and they are awesome all-around tires and all I use even in the winter. Haven't found the need to get a studless snow at least on those vehicles.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=WildPeak+A/T3W
Yeah Falken AT3w is a real common tire up around the Sierra's. Real good all season AT, thre snowpeak rated for those that need it.

I use them up here in snow, both on and off road, and they work well. Not like a true snow tire but plenty good enough.

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
in the same predicament. i thought I had on order the optional 'steelies' with the wildpeaks, but i had mistakenly confirmed the order when it wasnt listed. So here I am with the standard wheels and tires. Not that I hate the Pirellis but I really wish I had the Wildpeak AT3Ws on them.

Looking for the wildpeaks online, i'm having trouble finding Wildpeak A/T3Ws for 235/65/r17 but am finding Wildpeak A/T trails, which I dont believe are the ones Ford put as the optional tire.
try looking on TireRack.com for the Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws in 235/65R17... they should have them. I have actually seen the Falken WIldpeak AT3W 235s on a Badland (See attached pictures).

Ford Bronco Sport What tires should I get for my soon to be delivered badlands? What are you getting? 20210324_192000

Ford Bronco Sport What tires should I get for my soon to be delivered badlands? What are you getting? 20210324_191605

Ford Bronco Sport What tires should I get for my soon to be delivered badlands? What are you getting? 20210324_191546

Last edited:

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
i ended up with 245/65/17 wildpeaks
Ford Bronco Sport What tires should I get for my soon to be delivered badlands? What are you getting? B0477BA8-6D15-41B4-8F33-3B2A15CC0824
Looks good! But do the 245s rub the wheel weld when you crank the wheel all the way to the left or right? or going over big bumps?

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Looks good! But do the 245s rub the wheel weld when you crank the wheel all the way to the left or right? or going over big bumps?
no issues with rubbing and i go off-road pretty often. my take is that they do rub slightly while articulated / at full lock but it’s a non issue. the carpet liner is very flexible with nothing behind it so it’s fine.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
…. However, they only offer that tire in 235/65/R17 and not the size the 225/65/R17 Pirelli tire it comes with…..
Go to www.tiresize.com There is a “tire comparison’ tool that is very helpful.

BL Optional Tire Size
235/65R17 = 29”H x 9.3”W x 6” sidewall x 695 RPM

BL Stock Tire Size
225/65R17 = 28.5" x 8.9" x 5.8” sidewall x 708 RPM

A narrow tire is preferred to reduce hydroplaning in rain and displaces snow better.

Good Luck!
Sponsored

Last edited: