What tires should I get for my soon to be delivered badlands? What are you getting?

OP
OP
Freeskierdude

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
Not sure which pirelli's you got but tirerack has SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS II - SIZE: 225/65R17 at $142.30 I would hope they would give you $100 a tire in trade and be super happy at $110. Do you have four or five of the pirelli's? Also remember that the crossclimate2's are directional tires. So you are buying four and figuring out what to do for the full spare spare. I was planning on a non-directional Mich all season of the same size for a spare.

Anybody out there know for sure what the spare is when you get the Falken WPs?
Good point. I forgot I should probably get the spare changed to the correct size. I wouldn't want to cause damage to the car if I need the spare. I'm going to go with your idea of getting an all season of the same brand but not directional onto the spare. Also from what I can remember when you get the Falken wp the spare is still the Pirelli ATR. Somebody mentioned it somewhere is the forums. It might be in the fine print too

JBRONCO77

Big Bend
First Name
JEFF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT
The Toyo AT3 fits 17" and 18" on the Big Bend and are a fantastic look!

OP
OP
Freeskierdude

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
The Toyo AT3 fits 17" and 18" on the Big Bend and are a fantastic look!
They do look pretty cool. We owned them a few years ago and their ride wasn't very smooth or quiet and they wore through very quickly driving the gravel roads. We switched to Cooper Discovery at3 LT and then the 4S version, they are much better in all regards. Still have to see how the 4S wear but the LT lasted a very long time. The LT's were not amazing when it came to resisting hydroplaning, the 4S's seem to be better all-around so far

19ranger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
I'm (also) trying to confirm the spare tire on the Badlands, none of the dealers close to me in Socal have a Badlands in stock. Based on my 2019 Ranger with full sized spare ( neither tire or wheel matches what's on truck), I doubt that the Wildpeak is a spare.
Probably just purchase wheel and tire after delivery.

OP
OP
Freeskierdude

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
I'm (also) trying to confirm the spare tire on the Badlands, none of the dealers close to me in Socal have a Badlands in stock. Based on my 2019 Ranger with full sized spare ( neither tire or wheel matches what's on truck), I doubt that the Wildpeak is a spare.
If you get the Falkens the spare is still the Pirelli's on the badlands. I've seen it in a few videos now

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
FYI, Most of the tires folks are considering weigh a fair bit more than the stock. You'll likely take a MPG hit. I believe that's why they included the Falken Trails rather than the AT3w, the AT3w weight about 12% more at the same size. The Trails are plenty good enough for most people. It's a fantastic tire.

I don't know anything about the Pirelli tires other than they're a little lighter than the trails.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
FYI, Most of the tires folks are considering weigh a fair bit more than the stock. You'll likely take a MPG hit. I believe that's why they included the Falken Trails rather than the AT3w, the AT3w weight about 12% more at the same size. The Trails are plenty good enough for most people. It's a fantastic tire.

I don't know anything about the Pirelli tires other than they're a little lighter than the trails.
i believe the optional tires on the badlands are actually at3ws. zooming in to the tire during reviews i believe i’ve seen at3w on the sidewalk multiple times

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
i believe the optional tires on the badlands are actually at3ws. zooming in to the tire during reviews i believe i’ve seen at3w on the sidewalk multiple times
You're right! I just checkout out the tires on Ratti's review. That's the tire I chose for my Cherokee. I'd still recommend the trails to most folks tho.

OP
OP
Freeskierdude

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
I decided against the crossclimate2's because I realized to drive on backroads every weekend. I'm going to get either the Falken A/T Trail or Pirelli Scorpion all-terrain plus. I'm leaning towards the Pirelli's because reviews seem to suggest they handle better. However, Ill take the Falkens if the dealer doesn't have those in stock

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +

Looking at tirerack.com Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus | 225/65R17 (tirerack.com) is 29#, Falken WildPeak A/T Trail | 235/65R17 (tirerack.com) is 36# and Michelin CrossClimate2 | 235/65R17 (tirerack.com) is 28#, Toyo Open Country A/T III | 235/65R17 (tirerack.com) is 30#

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Ford Bronco Sport What tires should I get for my soon to be delivered badlands? What are you getting? 1608819963179

I am guessing the spare tire compartment can't handle the additional 1/2" height and/or the 0.4" width.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Is the 8.8" of ground clearance advertised on the BS BL with the Falkens or the Pirellis? Guessing the Falken's because it's Ford bragging. But 9.1 would be cool.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Whats the largest/chunkiest tire we can fit on a Badlands without modifications?