What is your favorite cruising song?

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
Well I'm going to stray of course from most of these great tunes.

Going a little country if I may.

Dwight Yoakum, I'm a thousand miles from nowhere and I ain't that lonely yet.

I love Yoakam. "Guitars, Cadillacs.....aaaand HILLBILLLLLLLLY MUUUUUUSIC!"

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never really understood the mindset of "I listen to MY music, and that's it ... "MY music" being what they grew up with in their teenage years and within their geographic area.

If I were to have lived that ethos, "MY music" would probably be the Nirvana grunge years and the ensuing 90's style rock, along with that "Gangster rap" hip hop, which was a part of growing up in urban Miami. And that would've been it. People would be rolling their eyes at my parties, as I blast "Smells Like Teen Spirit" for the the millionth time.

Lucky for me, my Dad was a bit of a musician, where my father introduced me and my older sister (who is also a musician....I am the black sheep) to all sorts of oldies rock, blues, latin, jazz, you name it. And then I had my uncle, who was only about 13 years older than me, that proceeded to adulterate me with all sorts of heavy metal and ill-conceived albums of the 70s and 80s. When I got to the Marines, my "heartland America" friends showed me the ways of the Honky Tonks.

In my car, I shun the news (I like a positive state of mind), hate radio stations, and find podcasts and books too boring for a drive. Instead, I use my cartime to explore all different types of music. I never understood why every single generation HATES the music of the following generation. Things change. One must adapt, and learn to connect. When I listen to today's music, the impetus has usually been to build a bridge or connection with those younger than me. At the same time, when Im exploring music from the past, its always with an appreciation of the generation that savored it best.

I love that my next generation of family is constantly sharing music back and forth with me, as I exchange screenshots of stuff we're liking all the time. They send something new they think I might like, and I have it easy, all I gotta do is forward them literally any of the THOUSANDS of hits before the year 2000 that they have never heard of 😅

Last edited:

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I hope this post continues for a while.

I think we all can relate to this one. Especially us "seasoned" members.

Have you heard his latest album?? I was pleasantly surprised. 🙌

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Yup, while I like and listen to all kinds of music (NOT rap, etc — sorry) I gravitate towards old-time country and bluegrass when I’m alone. If the wife’s along, not so much — she’s more of a disco type gal, and as they say, “Happy wife, happy life”. 👩‍❤️‍👨

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

[/QUOTE]
First time I heard "Hair of the Dog".... the radio DJ announced it as "by someone who obviously does not love thier mother". 😅

SoCal

Outer Banks
First Name
Marl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi R8- 2020 Tesla M3P- 2021 Wrangler Rubi
Sponsored