What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
How is the ride with those? Mine are ordered; just awaiting their arrival.
Stiffens things up a bit. I quite like it honestly. Makes it seem a little more planted on the road.
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
You could add some backer rod and sealant to the outside edges / gap areas in the liner too. I noticed lots of dirt coming through into the engine bay.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 17D712E3-A9DE-48E4-B152-80CE8E98D740
Wow, you've stumbled into the secret project I have been working on! I hate how much crud comes in through the gaps in those things. I picked up some 3/8" backer and I'm putting it up under the plastic not-flares between the wheel liner and the plastic. It seems to stay in really well but I'm too chicken to use liquid nails or caulk and too chicken to just leave it pressed in and call it good. I have been trying to use Flextape to improve the seal but that stuff is hard to work with. Unless you're building a screen door boat I guess. Black duct tape will just turn brittle and break off.

Then I decided I need to take the rear liners out so I can clean first, because I'm 1000% sure there's beach sand and organic debris up there. The passenger front too, because the wash bottle blocks access. That's added enough complexity to the project that it really got back-burner'd.

Have you actually rigged up a seal? Be interested to see a pic of what you achieved.

Deleted member 6599

Wow, you've stumbled into the secret project I have been working on! I hate how much crud comes in through the gaps in those things. I picked up some 3/8" backer and I'm putting it up under the plastic not-flares between the wheel liner and the plastic. It seems to stay in really well but I'm too chicken to use liquid nails or caulk and too chicken to just leave it pressed in and call it good. I have been trying to use Flextape to improve the seal but that stuff is hard to work with. Unless you're building a screen door boat I guess. Black duct tape will just turn brittle and break off.

Then I decided I need to take the rear liners out so I can clean first, because I'm 1000% sure there's beach sand and organic debris up there. The passenger front too, because the wash bottle blocks access. That's added enough complexity to the project that it really got back-burner'd.

Have you actually rigged up a seal? Be interested to see a pic of what you achieved.
I started the project but still need to finish it this weekend. You can use duct tape just spray bed liner over it. Paint bed liner on the felt wheel wells too. Water and dirt won’t be able to penetrate it anymore and will stay 10 times cleaner.

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 20 Ford F-150, 14 Mustang GT
How did the wring go for this sub? Fairly simple?
Fairly easy in my opinion. All you do is access the factory 6x9 sub and tap into it with a Line Output Converter. Once that’s done just run your power wire, find a good ground, and leave the factory sub disconnected and enjoy clean/deep bass. Sounds 1000x better now. Makes the B&O on my F150 sound weak. Lol

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? B497D0D4-6BDA-476A-B7A9-ECA799F6325E

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 218EE15D-46D2-460B-A2CD-65D1FEB6F2F8

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? B11CD72E-0026-4926-82EE-DA87E2C3D2EF

finally got some decent weather. cleaned the engine bay, outside got the foam cannon. even used the tire foam leftover from the civic si.
i was much deserved, it did so good over our long crappy winter.
Did you just spray it down with the foam gun?
245/65 17. It fits flat, but sticks up about 1 cm or so.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? F5032CD0-B9DE-4493-A8B6-2FE35DD3C0E0
Meant 17! FJ flashback. Well that looks pretty good. Might have to get the right size spare now.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Did you just spray it down with the foam
Did you just spray it down with the foam gun?

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 304BAB94-4D4C-4AFF-8B5B-3E436CCCC9DC

used this, from a local hardware store. its one time use, burnt thru it last summer but rigged it for my soap lol.
wash mitt, and chamois.
and filled the tank with mid grade 89 octane.
$110 (canadian) with a 1/4 tank left. the most i ever payed for fuel in my entire life.

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
That is too bad. I was hoping for the opposite.
After a but more driving around on some terrible roads is that it rides just about like stock in terms of small road imperfections, but it is much softer feeling on larger dips and bumps

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
After a but more driving around on some terrible roads is that it rides just about like stock in terms of small road imperfections, but it is much softer feeling on larger dips and bumps
That is what I want to hear. Excellent and thanks for the update.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
245/65 17. It fits flat, but sticks up about 1 cm or so.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? F5032CD0-B9DE-4493-A8B6-2FE35DD3C0E0
Makes sense. The cover rests flat with 235’s but I left the padding in below the tire.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? DF959BA9-8160-4FCD-BA98-E440968139AA
Sponsored