Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
Nothing. It sounds like most of you Complain because you have nothing better to do
Sponsored

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
There’s no button dedicated to return home to Sync’s menu while in CarPlay.

Sometimes I want to change radio, or some other setting while using CarPlay. The only options are unplug or hit the Audio Settings button (why on earth is this even a dedicated button?!). Half the time it’s very laggy or doesn’t work at all.
You should have this button. It should take you back to the Home Screen to change your audio source.
Ford Bronco Sport We love our BS.... but name one thing you dislike about it IMG_8234

Oh, and the one thing I dislike is the key fob. I carry it with me and have to feel its bulk for 11+ hours a day.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
People in Winnipeg steal those all the time. I totally agree about that stupidly designed block heater cord.
Not sure why I'm getting this post again but:
I totally agree with CableXJ about the block heater issue. There is no way to rout it out through he front, other than squeeze and maybe damage it between hood and frame. I rout it out with a short extension ... backwards ... out where the wipers are. Works ok.
But here is what bothers me most:
The mindless , nostalgic adherence to shift sticks. Why do some want a shift stick where there is nothing to shift? If you don't have a manual transmission, with clutch and stick, you don't need a shift stick...unless one lives in a in-between gears, motor revving, show off, macho world of the past. If you have an automatic transmission there is nothing to shift and no need for a stick. To rest your arm on? ... :( The rotating button is a great improvement and makes complete sense. Love It!!

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Not sure why I'm getting this post again but:
I totally agree with CableXJ about the block heater issue. There is no way to rout it out through he front, other than squeeze and maybe damage it between hood and frame. I rout it out with a short extension ... backwards ... out where the wipers are. Works ok.
But here is what bothers me most:
The mindless , nostalgic adherence to shift sticks. Why do some want a shift stick where there is nothing to shift? If you don't have a manual transmission, with clutch and stick, you don't need a shift stick...unless one lives in a in-between gears, motor revving, show off, macho world of the past. If you have an automatic transmission there is nothing to shift and no need for a stick. To rest your arm on? ... :( The rotating button is a great improvement and makes complete sense. Love It!!
True that. Should never have left the steering column. Just in the way on the console. “Dial me up Scotty”

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
This isn’t necessarily a complaint but a wish for an added feature I got accustomed to with my Honda’s. I wish it had a walkway feature with the locks. On my Honda’s I could set it to automatically lock the doors when I walked away with the key fob in my pocket. 1st world problem I know. But I got really used to that feature and am noticing how much I miss it with my BS. Love my BS though.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
This isn’t necessarily a complaint but a wish for an added feature I got accustomed to with my Honda’s. I wish it had a walkway feature with the locks. On my Honda’s I could set it to automatically lock the doors when I walked away with the key fob in my pocket. 1st world problem I know. But I got really used to that feature and am noticing how much I miss it with my BS. Love my BS though.
On the door handle at the top little lines if you touch them it will lock .

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
The 1.5L. Should be a 2.0L option. More power and a lot fewer problems.

Last edited:

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
On the door handle at the top little lines if you touch them it will lock .
yes and I do use that. But it means I have to wait on everyone to get out and shut their doors. Again, first world problems. It’s that old saying if “luxury once sampled becomes necessity” LOL

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
I wish that either Sport mode was the next mode after Normal, or that we could more quickly shift drive modes. The current dial and waiting for the graphic to come up is an annoyance compared to just pressing the "S" button on my fusion sport to get ahead of the other crossovers at the stoplight.
Check this out: one turn of knob highlights mode your in, second turn of knob selects next mode, third turn of knob moves to next mode. If you're in normal mode, three quick turns of knob puts you in sport mode -- just don't over-do it as each additional turn moves to next mode in-line.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the shift set up. I'm not a fan of that either. I don't like the push buttons I had in my Ridgeline too.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
The shifter, it'll take time, but eventually I'll get used to it....

Auto start/stop.... jury is still out - but leaning towards capital punishment. I do NOT like that stopping the car, and putting it into park, initiates a stop/start sequence, only to turn off the ignition 2 seconds later. It is ridiculous...

My big concern , after joining this forum, is whether or not mine will be one that goes off the rails one day with numerous problems. That said, I do really like my BS in Heritage trim.... more than i expected.

Sorry... that was like 2 1/2 things....

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The shifter, it'll take time, but eventually I'll get used to it....

Auto start/stop.... jury is still out - but leaning towards capital punishment. I do NOT like that stopping the car, and putting it into park, initiates a stop/start sequence, only to turn off the ignition 2 seconds later. It is ridiculous...

My big concern , after joining this forum, is whether or not mine will be one that goes off the rails one day with numerous problems. That said, I do really like my BS in Heritage trim.... more than i expected.
I hate start/stop too but that's in just about any vehicle.
Although, my wife's '23 HR-V EX-L doesn't have it. Yet the other Honda's do. Very weird but we're happy.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I just got back from my 2nd trip in my '23 OBX. I've got just over 5000 miles on it. I have added several Ford parts that the factory deleted, and some aftermarket parts to make my OBX better suited to me. That being said I can honestly say there is nothing that I hate about my vehicle. The only disappointments are the lack of the 2.0 engine and a front camera as options for the OBX.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
yes and I do use that. But it means I have to wait on everyone to get out and shut their doors. Again, first world problems. It’s that old saying if “luxury once sampled becomes necessity” LOL
I have found if I push the button to lock doors as the others are still open, when closed they all remain locked.
Sponsored