warrior

First Edition
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco sport
just went through a touchless car was and there is water inside rear compartment. Has else had that issue. First edition with less than 5000 miles
Sponsored

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

ROADTRIP

Big Bend
First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just noticed this after going through the car wash. Noticed the headliner was wet with blue streaks. Noticed that the rear top light was sticking out and the pins underneath that hold the black flap were out. The line for the wiper fluid that looks like a stopper is attached to the body was out. So I taped that down with electrical tape. I went to the dealership and asked about the light and the service department did not know how to handle it so it is fun having a new vehicle that no one knows how to fix.

Ford Bronco Sport Water inside by tailgate after car wash 20211101_132216

Ford Bronco Sport Water inside by tailgate after car wash 20211101_132612

Ford Bronco Sport Water inside by tailgate after car wash 20211101_132752

Ford Bronco Sport Water inside by tailgate after car wash 20211101_133107

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just noticed this after going through the car wash. Noticed the headliner was wet with blue streaks. Noticed that the rear top light was sticking out and the pins underneath that hold the black flap were out. The line for the wiper fluid that looks like a stopper is attached to the body was out. So I taped that down with electrical tape. I went to the dealership and asked about the light and the service department did not know how to handle it so it is fun having a new vehicle that no one knows how to fix.

I'm going to check mine

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Hi there, Brandi! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having– If you'd like to, go ahead and send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thanks!

ths0002

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've been having the same issue. We took it to the dealership 3 times to fix it and they haven't yet. It's not their fault, the vehicle is new, and they are trying to figure it out, too, but it is definitely something with the window and the seal.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad

Man The Ham

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just had this same problem today. Just got out of the car wash and I heard water sloshing around for a bit. When I got home, I opened the trunk door and I found that water is somehow getting through the rear window. I dried everything inside and then I grabbed the hose with low spray to see if it was just the car wash having too much pressure. When I opened the trunk there was water again, getting through rear window seams. Back to the dealership....again. smh

Ford Bronco Sport Water inside by tailgate after car wash Screenshot_20211108-165932_Gallery

Ford Bronco Sport Water inside by tailgate after car wash Screenshot_20211108-170153_Gallery

Fergus

Outer Banks
First Name
Fergus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS OB
Those touch less car washes shoot high pressure water at angles that the seals in vehicles weren't desidesigned handle.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Those touch less car washes shoot high pressure water at angles that the seals in vehicles weren't desidesigned handle.
I'd be surprised to hear that Ford doesn't test their vehicles in all kinds of automated car washes. So many buyers do not wash their own cars.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I haven’t washed my Escape in years! ?. The dealer won’t even run it through the wash after an oil change due to the rusted out rear quarters.

Check to see if the seals are lubricated. Perhaps the Mexican desert dried them out if yours spent time on an extended vacation. A little silicone lubricant goes a long way.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I haven’t washed my Escape in years! ?. The dealer won’t even run it through the wash after an oil change due to the rusted out rear quarters.

Check to see if the seals are lubricated. Perhaps the Mexican desert dried them out if yours spent time on an extended vacation. A little silicone lubricant goes a long way.
I rejuvenated the nearly thirty old sunroof seals in my Bronco II that way. The seal soaked up an entire tube of silicone lubricant. I put it on the seal and the seal just kept absorbing it.

A cold weather tip I got from a mechanic is to use silicone spray on the door seals in the winter to keep them freezing shut. If some snow or water gets on the seals the silicone will keep it from sticking when it gets below freezing.

Last edited:

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Just had this same problem today. Just got out of the car wash and I heard water sloshing around for a bit. When I got home, I opened the trunk door and I found that water is somehow getting through the rear window. I dried everything inside and then I grabbed the hose with low spray to see if it was just the car wash having too much pressure. When I opened the trunk there was water again, getting through rear window seams. Back to the dealership....again. smh

Ford Bronco Sport Water inside by tailgate after car wash Screenshot_20211108-165932_Gallery

Ford Bronco Sport Water inside by tailgate after car wash Screenshot_20211108-170153_Gallery
I’m getting the exact same thing happening to my BS. Have you been able to find a fix for it?
Sponsored