Blizzard35

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Out of curiosity. Has anyone had an order WITH MOONROOF, produced or completed recently? It sounds bizarre but I worry that they have built ZERO since March. Not a single one. If you have, please list your order date, etc. I’m a 3/13 order, OB+OB. Moonroof is a necessity for me. Current schedule 9/13.
Hi: I ordered my OB + OB, Moonroof, tow, 360+ March 1, 2021 and I've heard "nothing" about my build. I am in Canada, so we don't have the same ordering process as the US.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Out of curiosity. Has anyone had an order WITH MOONROOF, produced or completed recently? It sounds bizarre but I worry that they have built ZERO since March. Not a single one. If you have, please list your order date, etc. I’m a 3/13 order, OB+OB. Moonroof is a necessity for me. Current schedule 9/13.
There have been several moonroof units built shipped July and Aug on this forum and the Facebook groups. June units still held up in storage lots.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
I have a BB+BB - ordered 3/30 - In production 7/26, Built 8/12 - shipped 8/13.

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
https://apple.news/AQ_cvrZxBT-WdKUCMH7_KPQ

Toyota announcing production cuts due to chip shortages. Resurgence of covid cases is throwing gas on the already burning fire. Ford announces F-150 production cuts. No mention of BS, but the problem seems to be persisting across all makes and models.

Last edited:

FIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
I ordered an OB+OB on 3/29. (including moonroof) Presently scheduled for 8/30, but have had no updates in over 2 months so I'm not very optimistic about the 8/30 build date.

mdketch06

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, 71 Mach 1
Ordered 03/15 OB + OB Package + 360+ Tow. Production date was week of 8/9. Haven't heard a peep. No window sticker, no update, nothing...

Archedamian

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
I ordered a Badlands w/ Badlands package with moonroof on 3/1/21 and mine was delivered on Tuesday of this week. To be transparent, my order was a priority order (Code 10) due to a snafu on an original order. Still took 6 months to get it.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Yes. Mine is on its way to my dealer.

Richard Johnson

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Mine sat in production for 2 and a half weeks (In production 7/26 - Built 8/12) before they got whatever part it was missing. Then it shipped quickly after that.
Mine sat in production for 2 and a half weeks (In production 7/26 - Built 8/12) before they got whatever part it was missing. Then it shipped quickly after that.
mine went in production or was produced…most parts on 6/15. Nothing since then. Weird how some move faster. Mine is just a Big Bend. This company is definitely mismanaged.

Richard Johnson

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Absolutely and also the whole process, some of us got built in June only to be moved into the Mexican desert to sit “waiting for a chip” while builds in July and August have been fully completed and shipped?! No explanation to us as to why, terrible service.
6/15….crickets

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
6/15….crickets
mine went in production or was produced…most parts on 6/15. Nothing since then. Weird how some move faster. Mine is just a Big Bend. This company is definitely mismanaged.
Toyota stock plunged, global markets were hammered and Tokyo stocks closed at a 7-month low after the Nikkei reported that Toyota would slash global production for September by 40% from its previous outlook. The production cut - result of the pervasive global chip shortage which has crippled supply chains - will reduce Toyota's global production for September from 900,000 automobiles to 500,000.
nobody is impervious...this is just a bad time to build/purchase a new vehicle with all the Global CF going on.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Toyota stock plunged, global markets were hammered and Tokyo stocks closed at a 7-month low after the Nikkei reported that Toyota would slash global production for September by 40% from its previous outlook. The production cut - result of the pervasive global chip shortage which has crippled supply chains - will reduce Toyota's global production for September from 900,000 automobiles to 500,000.
nobody is impervious...this is just a bad time to build/purchase a new vehicle with all the Global CF going on.
This is why Ford kept us in the dark. This was the desired result, to string us along until it was too late to go elsewhere. Now they have all of the leverage. If you didn't jump ship by now you'll feel that you have no choice but to wait for the one you ordered from Ford and pay whatever they tell you to pay.

NVSport

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport & 2015 Mustang GT C/V
Be happy, you’re still in line. I got an email today my BL/BL full load ordered 2/14 won’t even be built. Looking forward to getting in the MY22 line up, somethings are worth waiting for… Happy Thoughts!
Update: Got an update this week including a VIN and end of Oct build date, keep the faith the line will move. Supply chain is so messed up and expensive it’s a wonder anything can built built from 1000’s of parts!

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CC DRW Diesel Lariat
And Toyota recognized that "chips" were a supply shock, so had built up an inventory unlike everyone else. They must have finally used up stock.
Sponsored