OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I was thinking today that with chip shortage and manufacturers reportedly prioritizing orders to maximize the profitability (can't blame them for that), I wonder how much one's order make up plays into build times? Perhaps orders with the most features/packages get a green light for chip installation? I know, tons of example out there of that not being the case, but I'm just trying to rationalize the whole process somehow. Perhaps that would explain why some July built orders got ahead of June ones, like mine with 39+K window sticker for instance. Just a theory.

Gilstein21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was thinking today that with chip shortage and manufacturers reportedly prioritizing orders to maximize the profitability (can't blame them for that), I wonder how much one's order make up plays into build times? Perhaps orders with the most features/packages get a green light for chip installation? I know, tons of example out there of that not being the case, but I'm just trying to rationalize the whole process somehow. Perhaps that would explain why some July built orders got ahead of June ones, like mine with 39+K window sticker for instance. Just a theory.
Naw, my BL with everything except tow has been sitting in the desert since 6/7 with a 2/11 order date.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If I had to make an assumption, say you have a priority 10 and I have the same 10, each Badlands tow, etc. Your dealer turns 10,000 vehicle volume per year with four and a half star customer rating and several blue oval awards. Mine moves 53,000 per year 4.9 rating...mine moves up the line. If my dealer has nine other BL ordered, I jump further up the line. There are so many balls in the air. It's nothing but speculation

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
My sticker is $39.8K, built 6/17 est delivery 11/3.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
My outer banks that's been sitting since June with a 10/31 ETA made me try to find one elsewhere not sitting considering Fords building and shipping while caring less about the ones that are sitting. After an issue with 1 dealer, found 1 that is identical minus floor mats and put a deposit on it. The sticker had 8/10 build date and today says built and is in the arranging shipping phase. ETA mid September. We'll see.

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My outer banks that's been sitting since June with a 10/31 ETA made me try to find one elsewhere not sitting considering Fords building and shipping while caring less about the ones that are sitting. After an issue with 1 dealer, found 1 that is identical minus floor mats and put a deposit on it. The sticker had 8/10 build date and today says built and is in the arranging shipping phase. ETA mid September. We'll see.
Yeah make contact with the dealer and let them know you want it. Mats are an easy aftermarket pickup. Someone else will find the same benefit from your order. Win win.

mdketch06

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, 71 Mach 1
Hello all, long time watcher but finally feel like I could use some information. Ordered a OB on 3/15 and after many delays I have a build date the week of 8/9. This week. I still don't have a window sticker and no other information. Is this normal? I know some people have window stickers the week before.

Mpgarr12787

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Hello all, long time watcher but finally feel like I could use some information. Ordered a OB on 3/15 and after many delays I have a build date the week of 8/9. This week. I still don't have a window sticker and no other information. Is this normal? I know some people have window stickers the week before.
Same boat. Long time watcher and ordered back in March with 8/9 as my build week with no updates on the Tracker. Initial build week of 6/28 got bumped to 8/9

MemUser

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
This is exactly what we did. I finally found a dealer that had ordered one for their stock back in Nov that is almost exactly what we ordered back in Feb. BB + BB with moon roof. Was built 8/9 and has been shipped. Should be at the dealer first week of Sept. We put a deposit on it so they would hold it for us.

Uncivil

Outer Banks
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS OB
BS OB w/ OB package (w/o moonroof), upgraded CoPilot Assist, and tow package

Order confirmed: 5/6

Scheduled for production: 6/3, set for week of 7/26

Production week bumped: 6/17, set for week of 8/2

In production (on tracker): 8/7

Built (on tracker): 8/9

Shipped (on tracker): 8/11

Dealer I ordered from just called today and told me that it was delivered. Working on the paperwork to get it now. Tracker still says that it just shipped. Dealer also gave me a different VIN than the one from Ford's tracker. Working on confirming it's actually the car I ordered.

ETA: Confirmed it is not the car I was tracking. That one has shipped, but is not there yet. This one was the same except it doesn't have towing package. I was free to take this one or wait for my original. I'm taking this one.

Last edited:

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
So will we not know what options you can get on the 22s until the order banks open up or will they drop some info beforehand?

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad

Shempy

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Woo hoo! I tracked my bronco sport on the pals site. Saw it was delivered this morning and I called the dealer to ask when I could pick it up. He sounded a bit surprised that I was calling him and telling him it was there. Well Monday morning is the day!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Woo hoo! I tracked my bronco sport on the pals site. Saw it was delivered this morning and I called the dealer to ask when I could pick it up. He sounded a bit surprised that I was calling him and telling him it was there. Well Monday morning is the day!
Hot dang! Congrats!!!
Sponsored