gangof4

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Two months ago another driver blew through a stop sign causing $13k worth of damage to my Outer Banks. But nine weeks later, the collision place still cannot get parts in to complete repairs. Is anyone else in this same pickle as I and what can I do besides rent a car with $15/day reimbursement?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Two months ago another driver blew through a stop sign causing $13k worth of damage to my Outer Banks. But nine weeks later, the collision place still cannot get parts in to complete repairs. Is anyone else in this same pickle as I and what can I do besides rent a car with $15/day reimbursement?
Who is reimbursing you? If it's the other driver's insurance than tell them they should be covering the full cost of a rental car. Usually the threat of small claims court is enough (you don't need a lawyer, you can represent yourself).

acslater50

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Who is reimbursing you? If it's the other driver's insurance than tell them they should be covering the full cost of a rental car. Usually the threat of small claims court is enough (you don't need a lawyer, you can represent yourself).

Same here! It's been 2 months and the repair facility still waiting on 3 parts. According to the insurance that its a supply chain issue with no ETA?! Someone knows or is playing games. Spoke to the local dealership and apparently they have some customers still waiting weeks on parts as well! :rolleyes:

OP
OP

gangof4

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
In early August I sent a Tweet to Ford Customer Service and they assigned a case number and started shopping for the missing parts. Within ten days, perhaps councidentialky, perhaps not, the parts came in.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Buddy of mine had his catalytic converter stolen off his Ford based RV. Local Ford truck dealer told him there weren’t any to be had in the US. Ford Customer Service found him one at another dealer 30 miles away. Pays to ask Ford Customer Service.
Sponsored