First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I think they have been removed as Ford tries to become more politically correct and provide complete engine transparency.
Probably bean counters saying we can make an extra $2 off each vehicle if we delete that part. And there are so many buyers for each available unit there is no impact to sales having ugly engine. If a sport is in stock buyers not gonna care if engine ugly cause car shortage crisis.
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Probably bean counters saying we can make an extra $2 off each vehicle if we delete that part. And there are so many buyers for each available unit there is no impact to sales having ugly engine. If a sport is in stock buyers not gonna care if engine ugly cause car shortage crisis.
Not when they can buy it for under a hundred bucks if they want it.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Not when they can buy it for under a hundred bucks if they want it.
Yep get online click mouse enter credit card box shows up at front door 10 minutes to install done get on with life...

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Yep, my money's on it too.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
If going that route it may be easier/cheaper to hit up a scrap yard and find a newer escape or use the escape as a search tool as those parts are interchangeable and marketed cheaper
Good to know. Thanks.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
These glib posters are missing the point. Ford stopped including the cover, I'm guessing because they couldn't get them and thought no one would notice. But now we have the internet, so we can talk to each other and learn about it. So they issue an SSM to cover their butts.

But here's the issue: What other parts are they leaving out that were part of the original design because they can't get them? Maybe something we can't see. Maybe more than one thing.

"Boss, those door sound baffles aren't coming in."
"We have already had enough delays; It's in the door, no one will know. Just leave leave it out."

It's bad Juju and really does give me pause about closing the deal on the BS I have ordered.
Some are missing under the BS ,the Passenger side cover or sound insulated or what ever its called , heck , some are missing the whole BS . LOL

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Some are missing under the BS ,the Passenger side cover or sound insulated or what ever its called , heck , some are missing the whole BS . LOL
Mine is "missing " the passenger side panel under body (assuming one is supposed to be there?) . It's all sheet metal I'm not remotely worried about it and sincerely don't care. Buying Gen1 pandemic mobile is a risk. It's paying dividends so far.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Mine is "missing " the passenger side panel under body (assuming one is supposed to be there?) . It's all sheet metal I'm not remotely worried about it and sincerely don't care. Buying Gen1 pandemic mobile is a risk. It's paying dividends so far.
I believe , well more then believe , its insulation & your cabin conditioned space will be some what compromised , temperature wise . That missing insulation will make a difference , Just like if you didn't isolate your walls in your home . I can see the cabin taking longer to heat up & cool off , in extreme temp's it may never reach set points or comfort levels .

I know my OB with both covers works extremely well , not sure I I will ever see real cold weather to see if it heats up well enough .

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I believe , well more then believe , its insulation & your cabin conditioned space will be some what compromised , temperature wise . That missing insulation will make a difference , Just like if you didn't isolate your walls in your home . I can see the cabin taking longer to heat up & cool off , in extreme temp's it may never reach set points or comfort levels .

I know my OB with both covers works extremely well , not sure I I will ever see real cold weather to see if it heats up well enough .
I would disagree, I've never had a vehicle with any covering on the underbody.. I've lived in the mitten in tht coldest of days on record and never had an issue with heat in the vehicle. If anything it was likely designed as a buffer for rocks and mud.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
The felt like covers on underside of floors are sound deadener. This is so when consumers test drive they get nice quiet ride. They are just cheap sound deadener that are likely to trap dirt moisture and are not needed.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The felt like covers on underside of floors are sound deadener. This is so when consumers test drive they get nice quiet ride. They are just cheap sound deadener that are likely to trap dirt moisture and are not needed.
According to the parts log, they are nothing more than. Air deflectors.
Air deflector

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Getting windows and windshield tinted today when I get it back Iā€™ll share photos and check and see if mine has all those air deflectorā€˜s underneath Iā€™m curious now.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
@13MikeH Iā€™m missing that passenger deflector too. Those Ford Bastards! (Waving white knuckled fist in the air)

Iā€™ll probably pick that up down the line a bit appears to be on backorder. Head over to my tint thread to see the tint bros.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
@13MikeH Iā€™m missing that passenger deflector too. Those Ford Bastards! (Waving white knuckled fist in the air)

Iā€™ll probably pick that up down the line a bit appears to be on backorder. Head over to my tint thread to see the tint bros.
Probably losing 0.00003 MPG with the aero loss. Maybe the tint will balance it out?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Some one posted up the SSM in the Facebook group:

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! Engine Cover SSM