Upset over missing engine cover!

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I am not commenting on they’re functionality or necessity as that seems to be debatable. More just the thread, and the down right righteous indignation of some, and I do find that a little comical. It’s like the thread will flare up, then go quiet, then someone else will come on torche in hand, like yeah! I didn’t get one either! I told my dealer X and they said Y etc. I don’t know as much about cars is probably most of you, but I know when buying a car I was told to always put up the hood even if I don’t know what I’m looking at. I look under the hood, (as I am a person of some measurable intelligence) and I look underneath it and it’s done me well. I’ve found cars with the stuff falling off underneath and I never would’ve noticed that I not put my head under there, or I probably would’ve noticed if the car didn’t have an engine cover before I bought my bronco sport, so I’m surprised that more of you guys don’t do that, being car guys and off roaders.
I’m not trying to make fun, just poking a little fun.
That is why they are there. To look nice for people who look and say yep, that‘s an engine. They never used to be there, and engines worked just fine.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
That is why they are there. To look nice for people who look and say yep, that‘s an engine. They never used to be there, and engines worked just fine.
You are totally missing the point. Nobody is debating that they make the car run better or not. The bottom line is that some of us like the looks of a neatly dressed engine, and some just don't care about things such as this..

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Installed mine today, thanks Viking for the information and tips. Fairly easy installation, the brace came off easy enough, I didn't cut the zip ties on the tube connectors, I just pulled the connectors off the brace and left them intact. You can see how the cover holds everything in place really well and how they had to use the brace with no cover. I'm under no illusions that it is anything more than dressing up the engine bay.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! BSEngineCover

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
You got spark plugs??? I had to pay extra for those!!!
I had to buy 2. Luckily they had a buy two get one free sale so I didn’t need to buy the third one….?

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right? It is like a hydra. Whack a head off, and it grows back two more.
Engine covers are like a Hydra? Then why is there a shortage??? Somebody get crackin and cut up a cover! We don’t need Ford to solve our problem! Just a brave soul willing to go up against a mythical engine cover! Remember… The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few!

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wheres the computer, throttle control wiring, fuel injector wires?..oh.... thats right that little POS doesnt have any...hahahahahaha...and BTW, the really serious Baja racers have a very sophisticated covers to keep the engine wires from getting fouled up......

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover!

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover!
I think that blue thing is an engine, correct? But I’m not sure what the thing in the top picture is…

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks fine to me. Ya can't drive without the hood being down. What is the hood? A big engine cover. Complaining about something you don't see 99.99% of the time is a waste of energy to me. If mine didn't have it, I certainly wouldn't pay extra just to get it. But everybody's different.
What do you mean you can’t drive without the hood being down!?!? Where’s the challenge in that? Isn’t that what the blind spot detector is for?

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Engine covers are like a Hydra? Then why is there a shortage??? Somebody get crackin and cut up a cover! We don’t need Ford to solve our problem! Just a brave soul willing to go up against a mythical engine cover! Remember… The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few!
Shortage? What Shortage???
Who has tried to buy an engine cover that has been told that they can't get one?
Shortage? What a bunch of BS...

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
It's all about cosmetics . Leave some of the Interior cosmetic covers off & see how that looks . Ya don't need a Dash cover , its just for looks , right ?

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Installed mine today, thanks Viking for the information and tips. Fairly easy installation, the brace came off easy enough, I didn't cut the zip ties on the tube connectors, I just pulled the connectors off the brace and left them intact. You can see how the cover holds everything in place really well and how they had to use the brace with no cover. I'm under no illusions that it is anything more than dressing up the engine bay.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! BSEngineCover
That adds a few HP, right? Hey, this she beasty doesn't know any better.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It's all about cosmetics . Leave some of the Interior cosmetic covers off & see how that looks . Ya don't need a Dash cover , its just for looks , right ?
Haha you guys always go to extremes like leave off the doors or the steering wheel lol
The Big Broncos don’t have covers either.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 8218C3AB-F5BE-449B-A0B8-173905A2E9CC

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! C7EC0389-6BB0-438C-A33D-58CCA025EDBC

carpaymentkid

Big Bend
First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rapid red bronco sport
I get it .Just used to seeing engines practically spackled in there with black plastic covers ! My first car was a 62 Buick Wildcat but in those days the air filter was so big there was no room for a cover!
Sponsored