RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
I found these storage containers on Amazon that fit perfectly under the Cargo Management System.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRTF53BQ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

SIZE AND CAPACITY
The 22.2 qt Citylife storage bins with lids measure 16.18 x 12.56 x 9 inches

The 33 qt Citylife storage bins with lids measure 19.65 x 14.49 x 9 inches

The maximum height of storage containers under the CMS is 9 inches, and these fit perfectly.
I purchased the larger 33 qt size.

View attachment 46238
Sponsored

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
These fit as well plus they collapse.

Mymazn Trunk Organizer Plastic for Car, Crate Storage Collapsible Car Organizer for SUV, Groceries, Camping | with Lid, Waterproof Bag, Optional Insulated Cooler(Orange) https://a.co/d/8icYJeU

Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers IMG_1087

OP
OP
RushMan

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mymazn Trunk Organizer Plastic for Car, Crate Storage Collapsible Car Organizer for SUV, Groceries, Camping | with Lid, Waterproof Bag, Optional Insulated Cooler(Orange) https://a.co/d/8icYJeU

I prefer a sealed container, and don't like the idea of a liner, which may crack in time.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Would you mind snapping a pic of how it fits in your trunk? I have similar collapsing crates from Costco and they're too big.

Horse n Buggy

Badlands
First Name
Stoge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Would you mind snapping a pic of how it fits in your trunk? I have similar collapsing crates from Costco and they're too big.
This is the same crate as listed, but open, sideways and in front of the CMS, but I can attest that it fits fine Closed under the CMS in either orientation
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers 1000006524

OP
OP
RushMan

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are some shots with the storage containers and CMS in alternate various positions (full flat, folded, vertical divider, CMS removed) to give a good idea of the fit of these storage containers in the cargo area of the Bronco Sport.
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers Full CMS cover
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers Half CMS containers lengthwise
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers Half CMS duffel sideways
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers No CMS
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers No CMS spaced left
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers Top View CMS divider
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers Half CMS containers lengthwise 02
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers Half CMS cover
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers No CMS Duffel sideways
Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers No CMS

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here you go. Like you said, the Costco ones are too big. I put those in the two door. The OP's look fine too. The big advantage of these are you can break them down if needed. Normally I just take them out if I'm picking up something big so the non collapsible ones would work for most of my use cases.

Ford Bronco Sport Under CMS storage containers IMG_3263

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I prefer a sealed container, and don't like the idea of a liner, which may crack in time.
They have their plus and minus I agree. Initially, I wanted the flexibility of being able to collapse them. It reality, I never do and just take them out so your solution would work fine in my normal use case. I’m generally not putting items that leak but time will tell if the liners hold up. We typically use the Costco ones when we take it up north. Makes it easier to carry all the crap into the cabin.

OP
OP
RushMan

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have their plus and minus I agree. Initially, I wanted the flexibility of being able to collapse them. It reality, I never do and just take them out so your solution would work fine in my normal use case. I’m generally not putting items that leak but time will tell if the liners hold up. We typically use the Costco ones when we take it up north. Makes it easier to carry all the crap into the cabin.
Everyone's needs are different, I agree. I had a taller storage bin in my previous cars, and I wanted something for my Bronco Sport that fit under the CMS. I struck out shopping at local stores in finding a bin that was 9" tall.
Sharing here gives other folks options for their storage needs in their cars.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
My experience with plastic bins is that the black plastic is much tougher than the clear. I have some I've had for 15 years or more, that they apparently no longer make.

If you're putting the totes under the cargo shelf, I'm not sure you need a lid on it. But, when I camp, I need boxes that are mouse proof and waterproof. I oftten don't have room in the tent to store them.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My experience with plastic bins is that the black plastic is much tougher than the clear. I have some I've had for 15 years or more, that they apparently no longer make.

If you're putting the totes under the cargo shelf, I'm not sure you need a lid on it. But, when I camp, I need boxes that are mouse proof and waterproof. I often don't have room in the tent to store them.
My Costco ones don’t have lids and we use those as well but they don’t fit under the shelf. I keep one of the black and orange ones filled with some supplies so I like the cover. The other gets used for the occasional shopping trip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RushMan

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It all depends on what you are carrying and what you are trying to protect, if you want or need a sealed container.
For example, in the winter, I have a blanket or blanket throw that I have in an enclosed container in the cargo area. Year round, in another container, I have a roll of paper towels and a roll of TP. These are protected from moisture absorption and prevented from absorbing gasoline vapors from those brief times that I carry a fuel container to and from the local gas station.
I've also gotten into the habit of putting my bottle of milk either in one of these containers after food shopping, or in a dish pan in the cargo area. I learned the hard way with my Escape, when I had a leaker. It only leaked a small amount, but It took a very long time for the sour milk miasma to go away, even though I cleaned up the milk when I arrived home from the food store and left my car outside with the windows cracked open for a few days.