Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just made an appointment with my Ford dealer. It was explained to me that all Bronco Sports have this issue, it‘s normal for brakes to squeal and groan according to Ford, there’s no TSB or fix and if I have a problem it’s up to me to put new brakes on it.

I am not happy.
Sponsored

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
My 2022 Big Bend didn't start off making the rear brake noise until it had around 2k miles on them. It doesn't happen every day, more like when in cold weather. It's a small annoyance, since it only happens once at first start up. The next time I take it in to the dealer for service, I'll add it to the list of things I want done. Hopefully, my dealer will honor the TSB, they have been real good to me on other issues.

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Other than the annoying noise, is there a safety, performance or wear issue?

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Thanks for posting! It's horrible on my '21 FE BS and I had noticed it only happens in humidity or cold. Does this mean Ford is paying to fix it?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Other than the annoying noise, is there a safety, performance or wear issue?
This is a good question. I would say no on the safety/performance question because there would be a recall (the links to the TSB reference complaints to the NHTSA, so they are aware of the issue).

As to increased wear, I don't see how that could be. The noise is simply a resonance caused by the friction between brake disk and pads, similar to the way the friction between violin strings and the bow causes the string(s) to vibrate.

Phillip-AB

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My 2021 Badlands has the car horn sound too when applying the brakes first thing in the morning while backing out of the driveway. Perfectly silent the rest of the day - until about three weeks ago. Now that sound occurs each and every time I’m in reverse and brake - regardless of the temp or humidity conditions. Very annoying. I have about 6,800 miles on my Bronco. I had read months ago on the forum that the sound will eventually stop on its own. I don’t believe that’s true.

CyberSparky

Outer Banks
First Name
Delone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 1995 Ford Bronco, 1981 Ford Bro
I have this with my front brakes also. The rear brakes sound like a car horn when I’m going backwards. My front brakes sound like an air horn and can feel it vibrate in the steering wheel when I go forward. Thought a truck was coming at me when it first happened it was so loud. Is there One for the fronts also?
Same here, fronts are doing it at the same time the rears do it.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just made an appointment with my Ford dealer. It was explained to me that all Bronco Sports have this issue, it‘s normal for brakes to squeal and groan according to Ford, there’s no TSB or fix and if I have a problem it’s up to me to put new brakes on it.

I am not happy.
Yes but did you show the dealership TSB 22-2326? It’s shown at the top of this post.

Ryan51173

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
I hope with a TSB date of August 17th my BS OB built on 9/19/22 will have the new bushings for the calipers. Is that what Ford does during each build schedule, retools for known bug-a-boos. To rid of the known bad parts. I know that would make sense. However you never know. Thanks for posting the TSB. I hope to get mine from the dealership in a couple of weeks.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes but did you show the dealership TSB 22-2326? It’s shown at the top of this post.
I will do that.

My wife called the service department back and talked to the manager and explained the situation to him. He promised, not that it means anything, that he will make sure things are taken care of.

Frankly, I wanted to punch the guy who told me to buy new brakes for my brand new car. He really pissed me off.

The loud bang that’s happened twice is a real concern. The squeal/groan noise is annoying more than anything, but my wife states the brake pedal feels soft as well.

But hey, I guess I need to buy new brakes!

This is why people hate dealerships.

Last edited:

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
This is a good question. I would say no on the safety/performance question because there would be a recall (the links to the TSB reference complaints to the NHTSA, so they are aware of the issue).

As to increased wear, I don't see how that could be. The noise is simply a resonance caused by the friction between brake disk and pads, similar to the way the friction between violin strings and the bow causes the string(s) to vibrate.
I bought my Ford Certified 2021 BS Badlands in July this year, with 20K miles and 18 months old. Only after I was able to view the service history by using my Ford Pass I found out that there must have been some issues with the brakes (maybe, also among other reasons, the original owner got tired of it). So I am hopeful that the “baby” has gone through it childhood sickness. Other than a faulty, noisy cooling fan that I inherited and got fixed at no cost shortly after I got it, I didn’t have any issues other than the brakes (in revers) noise after it has been sitting for a while. I am wondering what were the previous issues with the brakes, other than normal wear (no details provided) Here is a brief “brakes history”:

10,120 Miles at $77 cost (Sounds like normal wear)

14,600 Miles at $0

15,100 Miles at $0

19,300 Miles at $80 cost (Sounds like normal wear)

20,100 Miles at $ $0 (at the same time that the noisy cooling fan was replaced)

Hoping for a “smooth sail” from now on :)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I bought my Ford Certified 2021 BS Badlands in July this year, with 20K miles and 18 months old. Only after I was able to view the service history by using my Ford Pass I found out that there must have been some issues with the brakes (maybe, also among other reasons, the original owner got tired of it). So I am hopeful that the “baby” has gone through it childhood sickness. Other than a faulty, noisy cooling fan that I inherited and got fixed at no cost shortly after I got it, I didn’t have any issues other than the brakes (in revers) noise after it has been sitting for a while. I am wondering what were the previous issues with the brakes, other than normal wear (no details provided) Here is a brief “brakes history”:

10,120 Miles at $77 cost (Sounds like normal wear)

14,600 Miles at $0

15,100 Miles at $0

19,300 Miles at $80 cost (Sounds like normal wear)

20,100 Miles at $ $0 (at the same time that the noisy cooling fan was replaced)

Hoping for a “smooth sail” from now on :)
There was a brake recall I believe on the 21’s for another issue though.

Last edited:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

I am not happy.
I've seen a few mentions of the recent TSB regarding brake noise. Here's the full scoop!

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" Screenshot 2022-10-24 144733

New parts:

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" Screenshot 2022-10-24 144843
please search back brakes growling fix
Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" 0EC80D99-5676-488F-9EF6-4761666D98D1
Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" EB650933-7794-4447-BFCD-A3A80BF51352
Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" 4A60FDD5-02D4-4DEE-8D0B-658AE5D349A4

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" 63B0E381-AC72-415B-A5DF-53F0EC548950

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last night after driving for around 30 miles, the car made the thud/bang again. My wife was driving and it happened after she removed her foot from the brake pedal as the vehicle was moving. It’s coming from the rear.

It feels a little like hitting a pothole.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Last night after driving for around 30 miles, the car made the thud/bang again. My wife was driving and it happened after she removed her foot from the brake pedal as the vehicle was moving. It’s coming from the rear.

It feels a little like hitting a pothole.
Hey! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your noise concern on my end.
Sponsored